Adidas Thread [10] - all info, pics, questions here

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Jan 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nyboy1217

nyboy1217 Member

Feb 11, 2007
    Damn adidas is going to crap, looks like im sticking with pre 2006 adidas boots, jerseys and everything else.

2. Jackal_17

Jackal_17 Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Toronto
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The regular 11Pro should be Taurus leather while the 11Pro SL would be in k-leather.

3. aries7

aries7 Member

Oct 7, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Is it just me or is the left midfoot stud on Kewell's 11pros missing?

[​IMG]

4. Juventus_Supporter

May 29, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    Not sure, all the studs on the retail version look like the one stud there, white with an orange circle in the middle. Weird.

5. kelani9

kelani9 Member

May 6, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's broken.

6. pirshif

pirshif New Member

Aug 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
  7. SindreV

SindreV Member

May 22, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Wow...finally a micoach that actually doesn't look too bad

8. colinstu310

colinstu310 Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Bonnie Scotland
    Club:
    Rangers
    Seriously?? They look like snot! :eek:

9. SindreV

SindreV Member

May 22, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Haha, perhaps I haven't seen them all...but the 2 first; not me gusta! And the blue/red should've been blue/something else...the white/black should be white/white...and yeah, I have a crush for bright yellow/lime :)

10. lnicholson29

lnicholson29 Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  11. BootCrazy

BootCrazy Member

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  12. GrassRouteOne

GrassRouteOne Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  13. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Guess what I'm going to say, if you buy an AdiPower, expect it to tear in a few weeks. lol

3 days is absolutely abysmal though, shocking from Adidas.

14. C-dub57

C-dub57 Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Iowa
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They don't look THAT bad on the feet...
    [​IMG]

15. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Very true, but there are no details on what caused it. The intensity level of the training session that he is doing is 100x what most of us are putting our boot through. He also could have been caught with studs. Not defending the adiPower, mine ripped and also ripped my heart out b/c I loved them, but he surely could have taken them back to where he bought them. I think they would have given him a new pair, especially considering that he is a Suprs player. I am pretty shocked that he is buying them to begin with, most pros even with out a boot deal can get a brand to give them free boots just so they can get their product on TV. At the very least someone on his team with an adidas deal could have made a call for him, I know it happens in American pro leagues quite often.

As an aside, I was my local adidas shop today, and I was discussing the adiPower with them, the employee said they had countless pairs of the blue colorway come back torn at the outsole. She claimed that adidas has sorted out the glue issue and that the black and orange model is much more durable. I was about 30 seconds away from buying a pair because I liked the shoes that much and the colorway is incredible, but I just ended up getting a pair of Mundial Team as most of my games and coaching sessions are on turf right now; not to mention that I have about five pairs of boots I really need to write reviews on at the moment, and adiPowers would slow that down to a crawl.

16. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    A blackout leather version would look great on the feet............I want to keep an open mind but just think this shoe is going to be a major failure.

I don't see why they couldn't have tweaked the adiPower a bit instead of going full CTR/Kanga-lite Laser mating session here.

17. C-dub57

C-dub57 Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Iowa
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought there was mention of continuing the AdiPower and this was going to just be an addition to the adidas family? But yeah, if this is the only option for predator wearers I think it'll be a disaster. Just not an appealing looking boot, or a predator looking boot. It's sad to see how quickly the line declined. Absolutes and PowerSwerves were nice boots, they just weren't great and the early PS's had durability issues, along with all of the Absolutes. X's were awful IMO. The powerspine was one of the worst ideas and also horribly executed. Just such a stiff boot and with the absence of the tongue, the boot was destined to fail. Adipowers were a nice comeback (personally I think they've fix any durabilitys some complain about; the black/orange definitely has more reinforcement), but the Lethal Zones or whatever they'll be called just look like another step back. The people I grew up really associating the line with are also on the decline/retired (for me it was Zidane, Becks and Gerrard)/

18. Seven07

Seven07 Member

Apr 23, 2010
    I think those new preds look great. Im starting to really hate all these boots changing so quickly. Predators use to change every 2 years now its like a year or less. The adipower were great but when i shot with them i didnt feel like i was wearing a predator like i did with the older versions. Ill get those boots when they come out as i have all the preds since the manias.

19. ssbb8

ssbb8 Member

Sep 24, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Looking nice anyone know is it real or fake btw should i get the adipure 11pro, adipure 11pro sl or micoach adizero?

20. keytoarson

keytoarson Member

Jan 22, 2009
    MN
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The above is fake as hell.

As a Predator only wearer, I think those LZ's are awful looking. They look like iTunits and I hated those. Also, not a fan of the stud configuration. I'm not sure why they're going away from the bladed studs. I've never had traction issues with the previous Preds and it seems like they're just trying to cash in on the CTR craze from the look of the boot.

Considering they'll be coming out with the new Preds every 6 months now, these will definitely be the ones I skip on.

21. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yeah, I agree. I have honestly never been a "Pred guy"; I have always had a pair from each series laying around but I never really bought into the hype with them as they never really fit my foot that well. That was until the X, which I hated for other reasons (stiff no tongue), and the adiPower which was a perfect fit after a slight break in period. Even the Mania, which was a quality shoe wasn't great for me personally b/c I was stuck between sizes due to the narrow toe box.

I think I might stock up on a few pairs of adiPowers in the current black and orange and the upcoming blackout colorways to last until adidas gets their head out of their backside with this LZ shoe....at least for when I want to wear a Pred.

My only fear is that they will try to ride this shoe out Tunit style and we will be stuck with it in some form or fashion for 2-4 years. Most companies see to dump what works fast and stick to their failing or poor products like they are glue. Poor shoes like the AZT III and the Tunit series seem to live forever, and shoes like the adiPower which was pretty much the consensus "Boot of the Year" get a 10 month shelf life..doesn't seem to make sense.

As for the outsole....Blades are losing their popularity, in part due to the backlash around injuries caused to other players (with metal versions) and to the wearer with plastic ones. Personally I have never had an issue with injury due to blades, but some physios seem to think it is true, and many players are opting for the conical stud these days. What is old, is new again.....funny how that works.

22. keytoarson

keytoarson Member

Jan 22, 2009
    MN
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree on the X's for sure. Aesthetically, DB's white/red and red/white ones were great I thought. Everything else about them blew chunks.

I have 3 pairs of adiPowers (love the blue/slime DB's) so I'll stick to wearing those until I see what adidas has in store next. I just tore my ACL and MCL two weeks ago wearing adiZeros in an indoor game - wanted to check out miCoach - and the only reason I have those is because I got them for free from adidas. Haven't really had a desire to get any of the colorways out right now. Either way, I'll be sidelined for a while now so I won't be in any rush to purchase a new pair of boots. As far as the studs, I'm not sure if it's psychological or what, but when I wore copas in middle school and high school, I had knee problems. Then I switched to Predators with the bladed studs and the knee problems went away. Again, no evidence that the bladed studs helped, besides that my knees stopped hurting! It's odd that I tear my ACL wearing adiZero/LZ stud configuration... Although I blame that entirely on crappy turf.

I agree that they should have made a few improvements on the durability issues of adiPowers (which I have not had any myself) and keep riding them for a while. They are great boots.

23. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I actually liked my pred-x's i don't know why just a nice boot i thought

24. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I think the Pred X could have a been a really good boot....if they made a retail model that was done to the specs of the player issue models that Van Persie, and Beckham, among others, had done for them. These shoes had a normal tongue, no "thermo plastic window" (they were all leather) and the PowerSwerve outsole. I don't think the outsole on the retail model would have been that bad if they made it less stiff and did a better job with the PowerSpine.

Essentially the Pred X was, at least to me, a leather AZT III, with a rubber element on the upper...aka, crap. I know a few people that love the boot, including a teammate who hates the adiPower, but most people don't care for it that I know.

Funny about the Copa vs the blades....Sorry to hear about your knee, I hope you heal up fast and come back strong.

25. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Aye, I knackered my knee with Powerswerve blades on turf, my fault really. Since switching to AdiZero stud config, no problems.

I also am growing to like the LZ, might be the next boot I consider buying. Will be a toss-up between them and the Vapor VIIIs.