Adidas Thread [10] - all info, pics, questions here

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Jan 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Also debating whether to order some LZs! Would anybody be interested in a review?

2. Kalouda

Kalouda Member

Dec 18, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    And if you buy a bag of McCoys crisps you get another 10% off too.

3. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Worth a go right? I love McCoys. Especially Salt and Vinegar.

*It is off season now so I can get away with it*

4. Kalouda

Kalouda Member

Dec 18, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm a big fan of the new AdiPures in that blue colourway, but I'm happy with my Mango Vapors, might pick up the CR7 in fg when they drop, ordered a UCL Final Munich ball after Saturday nights events.

5. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm tempted to buy the Vapors, but then I want the SLs. Oh, and I want the new EvoSpeed Is coming out. I want too many boots.

Luckily, I'm getting the Euro Vapors and hopefully the LZs. Just the EvoSpeed to get!

6. C-dub57

C-dub57 Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Iowa
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you're referring to the LZ SL's, why do you want to get them so much? I don't know much about them, but I haven't seen anything special about them either. I actually liked the LZ upper when I felt it, but I've heard it's a different upper on the SLs and it looked a lot more plastic-like than a leather-imitator. Doesn't seem like a great trade off for 20g less imo.

7. isaacmejia

isaacmejia Member

May 10, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Pretty sure it's the sprintskin used on regular adizero's meaning it's just a glorified adizero. In my opinion it's not worth the extra $50 or so.

Also Jon I'd love a review of the LZ's if you get them! Very interested in them just need that little push to actually get them.

8. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Sorry, it was a typo. I just meant the normal LZs. I have never believed in 'Superlight' boots. Just get the original, as you say.. 20g is nothing! It's pointless in my eyes.

9. Kick_tv

Kick_tv Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Major League Soccer has announced that the 2012 AT&T MLS All-Star Game will be the first "smart" match be featuring the new miCoach pro soccer tracking system.

10. celtickeeper1

celtickeeper1 New Member

Sep 4, 2005
    Are these a standard yellow, or electricity? Anybody know?

11. cadmonkey12

cadmonkey12 Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anyone know if the LZ SL's have the low profile silicone Predator elements like the adiPower SL or do they have the same full thickness Predator element as the standard LZ's? The adiPower SL Predator element didn't seem to offer much more than the grip and groove texture on the adizero. I was hoping to see a full fledged Predator element on th SL this time around.

12. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'd say it's the same as the original SLs. Don't know for certain as none of us have seen them properly yet. It's a trend I can see Adidas carrying on for a while yet.

13. ssbb8

ssbb8 Member

Sep 24, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    the blue one is really nice but the release date for it is december. cannot wait already... :) BTW is the next generation of predator really coming out at the early months of 2014? i heard that is the date but is it too long....

14. cadmonkey12

cadmonkey12 Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not quite what I'd hoped for but a little better than the adiPower SL Predator Element it seems...

15. colinstu310

colinstu310 Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Bonnie Scotland
    Club:
    Rangers
    Why is the sweet spot on the SL's a different size/shape from the non-SL's??

16. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Adidas twitter posted a picture of Messi's copa del rey boots today. They are the white/yellow/black colourway that was posted a few pages back - they just have the awful Messi logo and copa del rey written on them with a little trophy. Got to say im not really a fan of this colourway, just dont think the colours pop.

appleCORR

17. jsm7

jsm7 Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    what's adidas warranty like up here in Canada? Thanks

18. Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels New Member

May 25, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Adidas Predator LZ Unboxing. This guy has everything.

serginhobertholi repped this.
  19. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    His website has an affiliation with SoccerPro (I think it's them) and so they send him any boots he wants. Not bad.

20. Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels New Member

May 25, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    No he has links from many companies up. I counted at least 7 different soccer websites. I think he gets this stuff from the manufacturers directly

21. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    no, if he watch the video at the start it says this video was brought to you from soccer pro.com and

he's also a member of this forum

JonIsAnOwl repped this.
  22. Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels New Member

May 25, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I messaged soccerreviewsforyou.com and he told me that most of the shoes he gets come from the manufacturer. I also called soccerpro and they did not even get the shippment of Nike Clash yet. They are expecting them early next week. So I assume he had to have got them from Nike directly.

23. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

As David said, he has an affiliation with SoccerPro.

Some football boot websites have affiliations (e.g. SoccerBible and SoccerReviewsForYou) with companies, where they get sent any boot that they want.

Some football boot websites get the boots directly from the manufacturers as you say.

One website I'm not sure about is SoccerCleats101, there are no clear advertisements in Bryan's reviews, yet he gets basically every boot on the market.

24. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Fair enough.

But I'd imagine by them saying they hadn't 'had the shipment', they mean as in the general public couldn't buy them.

Either way, he does decent videos and reviews. Good for him if he gets them from the Manufacturer. One thing though, if he mainly does get them from the manufacturer then the Adidas boots must be sent over from Germany and so on.

Interesting anyway.