Adidas Thread [10] - all info, pics, questions here

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Jan 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Thanks Mercurial, can I have your permission to use your name in the article?

2. Mercurial4991

Mercurial4991 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sure I don't mind. :p

3. miscbrah

miscbrah New Member

Dec 30, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    These posts about F50's and 11pro's ripping is making me shudder. Switching to Tiempo IV's makes me worried because I'm usually bias towards adidas.

Sigh.

4. theking79

theking79 Member

Mar 20, 2010
    A few posts on a message board does not determine if a boot is poor build quality.

There are thousands sold worldwide.

5. Mercurial4991

Mercurial4991 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My miCoach F50's in leather ripped after 3 uses, sole separation as well lol. Adidas is crap except for their Japan made boots and the Copas, the AdiPowers I got recently don't seem to being doing so good. :(

6. Alexandre Pato 7

Alexandre Pato 7 Legends that will never be forgotten <3

Mar 16, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Anybody knows where I can get a pair of Powerswerves? I've tried eBay with no luck, as I'm looking for size US9.5. FG or HG soleplate, and must be leather. I really wanna get another pair of them wonderful boots! :D

Thanks,

7. C-dub57

C-dub57 Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Iowa
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. keytoarson

keytoarson Member

Jan 22, 2009
    MN
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've had my adiPowers all last summer and 3 indoor sessions. I mixed in my leather F50's in indoor with absolutely no problems. Just a little positivity among all this negativity about adidas.

9. gwood88

gwood88 Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I have a medium/medium wide foot. My last couple of boots have been Copa Mundial's (size 9.5US), Tiempo Legend III, Adipure III, leather F50 Adizero II's (non-micoach), and Umbro Speciali 3's all size 10US. I play striker or attacking mid/trequartista. I chose those boots because they are extremely comfortable which over all is the most important thing. Second for me is a shoe that offers a great feel and touch on the ball. Third, great traction.

Good luck with the article!

10. Footballer-7

Footballer-7 Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Australia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Can someone (Jc maybe?) give me the lowdown on Copa's and Profi's, the difference, the make etc? I'm looking at maybe buying a pair of Profi's (I love the blue colourway) and I want to know more about the older boots, the new stuff isn't interesting me, which is also why Mizuno are my favorite now.
    Cheers!

11. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I have some that I'd sell you for about £10.

12. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Thank you gwood, can I use your name in the article too?

13. frannie11

frannie11 Member

Oct 9, 2009
    uk
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    can people not just pm you.....not really interested in their replys to you and then you asking if you can use their name everytime! anyone who wants to see it all will read your column or whatever.

14. sleithelbizzle

Sep 13, 2011
    Montrose
    Club:
    Aberdeen FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    has any one seen or got pics of the 11pro white/gold/black thats meant to release in may?

15. Juventus_Supporter

May 29, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    The profi came out about 11 years ago, only difference is stitching and longer tongue, when you wear them they feel like the same boot. Only reason to try look for a profi in your size is if you really like the colors, they're really rare but they made a small come back about 2/3 years ago but they're still very hard to find, there's only 2 on ebay both size 12.

There's a reason copas lasted 30 years, they're great boots, you'll wanna go down a whole size atleast though as they stretch, best to try on in store and pick the tightest one you can put on without major pain.

16. Alexandre Pato 7

Alexandre Pato 7 Legends that will never be forgotten <3

Mar 16, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    :D:D:D
    Grazie.

Heavily used, I presume?

17. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    They're very used. I'd say theres about 6 months of wear left in them before they're unusable.

18. SilverXX

SilverXX Member

Jun 29, 2010
    Norway
    Club:
    Tromso IL
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    What has happened to miadidas? :O

19. Bootboy

Bootboy Member

Oct 23, 2007
    North London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I thought I'd post a review of the adizeros on here, mainly because I have the boots in synthetic and leather and I know a lot of you were unsure of which to go for - so hopefully this will help!

[​IMG]

Firstly I should say I chose the SG in synthetic and FG in leather, this was so that they'd both weigh about the same and also because the synthetic is a bit more water resistant - so would be better on marshy pitches.

The leather boot doesn't actually have that much leather on it (only the forefoot is leather, the rest is a leather like synthetic) I really like the synthetic side of the boot as it gives a great touch and the boot is really comfy - I used to wear CTR360s and these are much comfier, this is mainly down to the suede-like lining the boot has

[​IMG]

as for the synthetic, it is much less comfortable as a boot, and you can feel the sole plate a lot more in them than the leather ones. The sprint frame is a lot more effective on the synthetic though - and actually hugs your foot in place, a lot like fly wire did with the vapor SLs. The main downside to the synthetic is that the texture on the boot, which is designed to give you a better grip on the ball, loses its texture if it gets coated with mud, which can make it harder to control the ball and do tight dribbles in very muddy conditions

A lot of people fail to point out the 'ctr like' texture given to the sprint frame on the outside of the boot, which gives an extra bit of power to passes and really helps with controlling the ball.

[​IMG]

obviously the MiCoach chip is worth getting, Im semi pro and its been great for me to be able to review my own performance and see my stats (top speed of 20.2mph etc) and compare them with Facebook friends.

I haven't had any durability problems with the boots so far, and i've used them a fair amount.

personally I prefer the leather boot, just for the comfort and touch it gives you - but if you want the extra slight weight reduction then the synthetic is the better option.

20. GrassRouteOne

GrassRouteOne Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nice review Bootboy, some sound insight there!

Just out of interest - how many of your friends are also on miCoach? Does it integrate with Facebook well?

I only ask as I don't think anyone on my friends list actually has a pair, so I don't get to use that 'social' side of it.

21. Bootboy

Bootboy Member

Oct 23, 2007
    North London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    yeah its similar for me, but I'm very into twitter as well - and you can set up 'coaching groups' through the MiCoach website, so I plan to create one for myself and my followers as I thought it would be fun to compare!

Could do one for the boys on here as well?

22. theking79

theking79 Member

Mar 20, 2010
    For everyone skeptical about the new predator and it's lack of some trademark predator features (leather, bulky etc.)

I spoke to an Adidas rep at the sports store I work at today. He basically said the boots are designed for elite players, and the new predator is what the elite players now want (lightness etc). The boots are not designed around what your average Sunday league player wants. He said people will probably be a bit skeptical at first because of the big change, but he said they are very good boots and people will grow to like them, he said he was also skeptical about them.

23. colinstu310

colinstu310 Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Bonnie Scotland
    Club:
    Rangers
    here :)

24. gwood88

gwood88 Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan