Adidas Thread [10] - all info, pics, questions here

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Jan 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Whats the next colourway to be released in the adizeros? The metallic blue and silver one? Also does anyone know the colourway that will be out for the euros yet?

appleCORR

2. SilverXX

SilverXX Member

Jun 29, 2010
    Norway
    Club:
    Tromso IL
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    [​IMG]

Just designed these, if I had the money I would definitely buy them.

3. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    miadidas is awesome, but you're going to pay for that personalization.

4. misterbroom12

misterbroom12 Member

Sep 2, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really disappointed that they don't have miadidas adiZero in leather. Love the option to keep it a non-two tone boot (which is the reason I haven't bought a pair retail yet) but it's only for synthetic which I don't want to buy either.

5. C-dub57

C-dub57 Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Iowa
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MiAdidas quality seems to be really hit and miss currently, too. I have a team mate who got miadidas MiCoaches and they didn't last him a month, but a guy posted his miadidas AdiPowers awhile back said he had had them from launch said they were in great condition.

6. Shep009

Shep009 Member

May 17, 2011
    Kathu,South Africa
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    The Euro colorway is the Red/Blue/White that I posted a few pages ago

7. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I dot see the point in red/blue/white colourway, it's so similar to the current release it's stupid!

appleCORR

8. Busa '94

Busa '94 Member

Mar 1, 2012
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Corr it seems you own adizeroes; how do they hold up on turf? I also am asking about te leather version!!

9. C-dub57

C-dub57 Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Iowa
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey I have a friend who wears AdiPure IIIs but needs a new pair of boots. He's looking at Puma v1.10. Anyone offer some sizing info?

Thanks

10. b0sk1

b0sk1 Member+

Jan 28, 2011
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Probably up 1/2 a size. He should try them on though, I am not a fan of how they fit (at least on my foot)

11. C-dub57

C-dub57 Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Iowa
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah that's what I thought. Puma seems to be very hit or miss with fitting.

12. Shep009

Shep009 Member

May 17, 2011
    Kathu,South Africa
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    It's all as a result of the Olympics, because I know that everything from adidas ,including all 3 boot silo's, are going to those colorways just before the Olympics to fall in line with the British colors.

13. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I own the synthetic version, they hold up really really well on turf, not had any problems with them at all. Obviously i have the FG version and they are fine, not to grippy or anything like that.

I've heard people complaining about the durability issues with the leather boots on here, personally i LOVE the synthetic on this model, its much much better than on the previous models, it doesnt stretch so much so supports your foot better.

But if you want them for turf, you would be fine with the FGs but im sure they do an AG model, they did in the last design anyhow.

appleCORR

14. keytoarson

keytoarson Member

Jan 22, 2009
    MN
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have a pair of leather adiZeros FG and although I've only played in them a few games, they've held up just fine. I don't know what kind of turf you guys play on but it's unlikely I'll be wearing FG's on turf anymore since I tore my ACL in the adiZeros. I'm thinking it has more to do with the crap turf we play on than it does the boots, but I'm not going to risk it when I get back into it.

15. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I use mine on 3G turf with the black rubber beads in it and like i said they have been fine. Its upto you though.

appleCORR

16. keytoarson

keytoarson Member

Jan 22, 2009
    MN
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ours has beads in it too but I think the actual turf is bad. There are parts of the turf where it's only the beads because the green stuff got worn out so badly.

17. Busa '94

Busa '94 Member

Mar 1, 2012
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Sorry to hear that, but turf, in all reality, is actually safer to play on then grass...

18. keytoarson

keytoarson Member

Jan 22, 2009
    MN
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Couldn't disagree with you more. Especially when it comes to ACL/MCL and ankle injuries. When I tore my ACL my cleat got stuck in the turf and because my cleats had nowhere to go, my knee gave in when I got tackled from behind. Had I been playing on grass, it would have gave away to the force of the tackle and my weight and even though I probably still would have been hurt, it wouldn't be nearly not to this degree. The cleats would have broke through the ground/grass and not been stuck.

Same goes to ankle injuries that I have had numerous time from indoor. If my cleat is stuck and someone kicks me, cleats will be so far in turf that the only thing that gives away is my ankle. In grass, the cleat goes in the same direction as your ankle, leaving nothing more than a bruise. Rarely do the studs get stuck on the natural surfaces, especially FG's.

19. C-dub57

C-dub57 Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Iowa
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah no idea where you were told that, but grass is way safer. Doesn't ManU not even allow it's players on turf? also, isn't it even banned in some countries?

20. Busa '94

Busa '94 Member

Mar 1, 2012
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    The highest levels of turf in most cases are safer then grass. Grass fields now are not perfect and usually are un-even and have holes. Top class turf fields are safer, but a perfect or ideal grass field is un rivaled.

21. tilburysoccer

tilburysoccer Member

Sep 16, 2009
    KCMO
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Try nikes turf shoes. I use the Bomba pros for the beaded turf fields. They offer surprisingly good traction, and do not sink into the turf. I too blew out my acl on poorly maintained turf.

22. keytoarson

keytoarson Member

Jan 22, 2009
    MN
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got some adi5 X-ites from adidas that I usually wear that I absolutely love, but decided to switch it up to adiZeros for miCoach. Bad mistake I guess!

23. naruto16

naruto16 Member

Aug 13, 2005
    Just had a practice with the leather Adizero (last gen, the yellow ones Messi had last summer) that I recently got. SOOOOOOOOOOO comfortable!

I still prefer the new Vapor VIII's looks, but this is just sooooo comfortable. Of course the Adizero isn't far behind in terms of looks.

24. kll407

kll407 Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    how durable are the adizero leather 1.5s?
    i was thinking of getting the whiteouts but heard they rip pretty easily...

25. noob-bob

noob-bob Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Club:
    IF Brommapojkarna
    I have worn my leather 1.5s on turf for more than a year and I haven't had any problem with durability at all.