adidas Jabulani- The Official Ball of the 2010 World Cup (Discussion Thread)

Discussion in 'Apparel & Training Gear' started by ctoa23, Nov 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mutiny RIP

Mutiny RIP Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Bradenton, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I do agree that should be able to adapt and will be able to adapt. I just don't know why we need to watch the adaptation process unfold before our eyes at the biggest event of the year. I remember them changing the ball in basketball, but they did it at the beginning of the regular season and not on the eve of the playoffs.

In a number of sports they have made changes to a ball or some sort of apparatus, but they generally seem to do this well ahead of the biggest events.

2. chivamex10

chivamex10 Member+

Mar 1, 2010
    your mom's house
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    for me since i grew up playing with shitty ass balls i find the jubalani amazing. I worship it 3 times a day:eek:

Maybe if i had the privilege to play with elite balls all the time i'd get picky like the pros do but for me the ball is amazing. At the rate they're going its not even gonna have panels or anything for 2014. Its just gonna blow up into a ball lol.

3. Kasmatsu

Kasmatsu Member

Sep 1, 2008
    Gardner, KS
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Messi plays in Spain where they use Nike balls. The three biggest leagues in Europe all use Nike, but FIFA and the UCL use Adidas. You always have complaints from the people used to the Nikes.

The ball has been around for months, anybody could have adjusted to it whenever they wanted. Its not like these guys can't afford to buy their own to kick around at the least.

4. mattlikewhoa

mattlikewhoa New Member

Jun 14, 2010
    Toronto Canada eh!
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I just purchased the MLS final match ball version of the Jabulani (On eBay). I should have it in a week or two. I've used my friends WC Jabulani ball and I like it. It does dance though but you can get creative with it.

I'll post pictures once it arrives...

5. WN_Soccer10

WN_Soccer10 Member

Jun 6, 2010
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The ball in all the pictures is real from what i can see, but then you have the matter of are they the sellers pictures. I'm always a bit put off when its a stock picture from the net. Makes you doubt the validity of the other pics too.

BUT i dont have the ball so someone else on here might be able to help you a bit better. But most the time if an offer on ebay is too good to be true, it usually is!

appleCORR

7. WN_Soccer10

WN_Soccer10 Member

Jun 6, 2010
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    exactly what I was thinking...

8. chivamex10

chivamex10 Member+

Mar 1, 2010
    your mom's house
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  9. Canadaplaysfutbol

Canadaplaysfutbol New Member

May 31, 2007
    Florida
    ew thats disgusting

10. TriaktivTLE00

TriaktivTLE00 Member

Nov 12, 2004
    Brooklyn, New York
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ummm...what's disgusting about it?!

11. TriaktivTLE00

TriaktivTLE00 Member

Nov 12, 2004
    Brooklyn, New York
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That's a cool-looking matchball, but for league play?! That's a great idea to play it in cold weather.

12. C-dub57

C-dub57 Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Iowa
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Im going with disgusting as well on this one. If this is the power orange release of the jabulani, im mad. The Euro 08 power orange was sweet with the cyan.

13. steve_gullit

steve_gullit New Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I finally bought my first Jabulani and I'm sorry to say I'm disappointed. Over $100 ball should be made better. After 4 games it's already worn. I'll stick with Questra for now

14. ryasuck

ryasuck New Member

Jan 1, 2012
    milan
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Tango 12, Euro 2012 Official Ball

Adidas as the official Euro 2012 Match Ball, Tuesday (06/12/2011) launched the official ball of Euro 2012 will take place at the Poland-Ukraine 8 June to 1 July next.

Balls used to the 16 finalists of this European country named Tango 12. Tango 12 was conceived the first time at UEFA EURO 2012 draw by former pole vault athlete from Ukraine, Sergey Bubka Read More......