adidas Jabulani- The Official Ball of the 2010 World Cup (Discussion Thread)

Discussion in 'Apparel & Training Gear' started by ctoa23, Nov 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chivamex10

chivamex10 Member+

Mar 1, 2010
    your mom's house
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    what do you mean by inner seams?

was your ball inflated when you got it?

2. Turkeysnake

Turkeysnake New Member

May 18, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    No, it was fully inflated. My theory is, that its just the bladder, or the phsycal ball, showing through the padding. Thats why I said it remided my of veins popping out! Im just wondering if anyone else has this, or if I should just return i. But the other ball in the store had the same thing, so i unno :mad:

3. chivamex10

chivamex10 Member+

Mar 1, 2010
    your mom's house
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    iono man you need to take pics cos i dont know what you're talking abou

4. Turkeysnake

Turkeysnake New Member

May 18, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Ok. Ive posted pics below, and one is circled in red. You can see the shading is deifferent, and that is the bump. It is mostly visible around the adidas sign on my ball

EDIT: Crap pics didnt go up. Heres the link instead. http://s922.photobucket.com/albums/ad63/turkeysnake/[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. chivamex10

chivamex10 Member+

Mar 1, 2010
    your mom's house
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    iono man i can't really tell. You should be fine.

6. ninjakke

ninjakke New Member

May 22, 2010
    i want to get a new ball!
    But there are too many of 'em
    can you guys tell me the difference between these?

WC (jabulani) Official Match ball and Final series (150$)
    WC 2010 Match ball (50$)
    WC 2010 GLIDER(15$)
    WC 2010(replique) (34$?)

I get confused with the Match Ball and glider which look similar and have the same grooves but there is a price difference. Naturally the replique is easy to differentiate and so is the official match ball(jabulani) due to the panels and prices.

7. columbUSAcrew

columbUSAcrew New Member

Feb 3, 2010
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No that is definitely not normal I would take that back right away. That doesn't exactly look like the "roundest ball ever."

8. ctoa23

ctoa23 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 25, 2007
    E&G Forum
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, that's totally normal. The ball just hasn't been blown up fully.

I have two Jabulanis, and they both had that before I pumped them up fully and let them sit. After that, the bumps will go away.

9. Kimmyongguk

Kimmyongguk Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Beijing
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Exactly. Same thing happened to my Jo'bulani. Once fully inflated those will go away.

10. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think that one of my teamgeists had a little bobble like that on when i got it out the box, but once it was fully inflated and used its perfectly round now.

Inflate it, play with it, and if its still odd then take it back as its covered by a 2 year shape guarentee anyhow. If you'd rather have a perfect one right out of the box, then take it back now.

has anyone found any pink monta freestyling balls anywhere yet?!!

appleCORR

11. C-dub57

C-dub57 Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Iowa
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. Kasmatsu

Kasmatsu Member

Sep 1, 2008
    Gardner, KS
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Thanks!

I actually email monta to ask if they would be getting anymore in the store website. And I got a reply saying subside sports were carrying them. They do, but they are red too!!

appleCORR

14. wovsk8r

wovsk8r Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Norfolk Va/san diego
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i have that freestyle ball and it is class. the ball has a crazy good touch and its really durable. def reccomend it to any freestyler

15. lionelmessifan

lionelmessifan New Member

Jun 13, 2010
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    What is the difference between the $30, $50, $150 jabulani balls. Which is the best according to price and quality.:confused:

16. Utd16

Utd16 Member

May 24, 2008
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    The $150 Jubalani is the Fifa approved ball. What the pros uses in the World Cup.

The $50 Jubalani is Fifa inspected and it is lower quality, probably good for using everyday and training/taking it to training.

17. lionelmessifan

Jun 13, 2010
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    what do you mean by lower quality? i read somewhere the only difference the 150 and 50 is that the 150 has the fins or something. Otherwise its the same. Is that true? Please answer both questions.:confused:

18. Antondkdk

Antondkdk Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Hey, is it just me or does the jabulani seem alittle smaller than other balls ? like select ones and such. Just brought mine to the park today and all my freinds said it were alittle small, Also why is there a barcode on the ball ? its printed and not just a sticker.

19. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Why is it, every world cup the players complain about the ball?!!

I do however think the ball should have been saved for the WC and not used in the ACN or used in the German league for the past 5 months.

appleCORR

20. ctoa23

ctoa23 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 25, 2007
    E&G Forum
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't forget MLS.

21. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    ..... and the MLS! haha. I just think if its the tournement ball it should be saved for it.

appleCOR

1 person likes this.
  22. Kasmatsu

Kasmatsu Member

Sep 1, 2008
    Gardner, KS
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Haven't heard anybody complain about the ball during the MLS season either. Yet there were plenty of complaints about the europass at Euro 2008. I wonder if the complaints are coming from Nike signed players, and Nike is just trying to create negative buzz around Adidas balls so they can swoop in and steal the next FIFA contract.

From what I can tell watching on tv, the ball just goes straight. Free kicks aren't dipping because the ball kept going straight. Shots are going wide because they went straight instead of curling. I'd think you would want a ball that goes straight... Heck during the friendlies a couple weeks ago Mexico played some small african nation on one of the worst pitches I have ever seen and the Jabulani actually rolled pretty damn well on it.

23. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    At the end of the day the people using the ball are elite professional players. They should be able to adapt their game to the ball. A football is a football. I personally think its a bit of an excuse.

appleCORR

24. lionelmessifan

Jun 13, 2010
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    is there a difference between the $30 jabulani ball and the $50 jabulani ball...? what is the difference.

25. Mutiny RIP

Mutiny RIP Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Bradenton, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, in an article I read today the most high profile addidas player in the tournment, Messi, said that the ball was "complicated" and would take some time to get used to.

When Messi talks about how players will need to get used to the ball, he brings up my number one gripe about this whole Jabulani thing which is not the design of the ball (although I certainly do have some issues with that which I already brought up elsewhere), but the fact that at the biggest tournanent in the game people are having to get used to new equipment. Look, the WC doesn't sneak up on anyone. There is no reason FIFA cannot say that a new ball design must be in use three years before the WC in leagues and tournaments around the world so its postive and negative effects on play can be thoroughly evaluated.

Now granted, I know adidas wants to be able to market ($) a special ball for the world cup. What they can do is change the graphics, name, whatever of the ball all they want before the tournment. But design of the ball as far as things such as paneling and materials must already be in use three years before the WC (which are the features of the ball that affect play).