ACC Armageddon (Round 1?)

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by padgman1, Oct 15, 2012.

1. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    NC State up by 2, to giving up 3 goals in a row. And, it was foreseeable as VT started playing while NC State just waited to lose.

2. xpowerout

xpowerout Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In other news, a few Crew members and I went out to check the match today. Kyle Renfro (VT GK) was a real stand-up guy and was on our side... mostly because we kept heckling State's Alex Martinez for repeatedly poor shot selection.

No shinguards repped this.
  3. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    It was nice of him to come over after the match and shake hands with you guys. I'm sure he won't after tomorrow's match.

4. No shinguards

No shinguards Member

Mar 21, 2008
    The Moon
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I could have just repped this.......but that is FANtastic....

5. xpowerout

xpowerout Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So you know for ID purposes, I'm the tall one with the hair. Ha.

6. xpowerout

xpowerout Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    UNC-UVA at 5:30 p.m. on Friday, followed by Maryland-Clemson.

Regular season results:
    Maryland 2 - Clemson 2
    UNC 2 - UVA 1

7. raiderD15

raiderD15 Member

Sep 9, 2011
    Small correction but Carolina beat UVA 1-0. The defense has still only allowed 4 goals this season, 3 in the run of play (James Madison scored on a PK. Maryland, Duke and Boston were the other goals)

8. 94Keeper

94Keeper Member

Dec 4, 2007
    Actually, the UNC vs UVa score was 1-0 with the game being played at UNC. Should be interesting with the game bing played at a neutral site.

9. xpowerout

xpowerout Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whoops. Not sure how I messed that one up. Anyway, would much prefer to see Virginia in the final instead of UNC. If the Terps play a full 90 with Clemson they shouldn't have a problem.

10. raiderD15

raiderD15 Member

Sep 9, 2011
    One trend that I've noticed since the Maryland game for UNC is the play of Alex Olofson at midfield. He's become the starter over Valimaa, and he's a much more offensive holding center mid than Valimaa. I think he's one the biggest reasons why Carolina's offense has started to click more now than the earlier part of the season. Valimaa really impressed me earlier in the season, but a lot of his passes were back passes to the defense. Olofson passes more forward to the wings allowing Lopez to get forward. Maybe it was because I was looking for it, but it felt like two different UNC teams last night when Olofson was on and off the field. Just something to look for on Friday

11. jojo123

jojo123 New Member

Sep 15, 2012
    For a season that started so brightly, it turned into one of those "character building" seasons for the wolfpack. Just before the MD game their playmaker, Nazmi Albadawi, went out with an injury requiring surgery. He came back but still isn't 100%. Then, with 8 games left to play 4 players got into trouble off campus and were kicked off the team. Of those 4, 2 were starters and another was a regular sub. The 2 starters have the 3rd and 5th best points, one is 2nd on goals and the other 3rd on assists according to the stats on the wolfpack site. Needless to say, that type of thing is very disruptive to the team and they all learned a thing or two about trying to overcome adversity!

12. xpowerout

xpowerout Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would very much like to see Virginia upset UNC... mostly because I don't want to see UNC again.

13. No shinguards

No shinguards Member

Mar 21, 2008
    The Moon
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    unless its an ALL ACC NCAA Finals.... that would be OK...

14. unnamedsource

unnamedsource Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Sorry if I'm a couple days late on this question, but in the absence of Woodberry, which Terp defender moved out of their usual spot on the wing to play central defense? I'm guessing Kemp, but Ambrose is so talented that it wouldn't surprise me if he could do that too.

15. xpowerout

xpowerout Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ambrose played RB while Jordan Cyrus moved to CB. Really impressive backline work this year from someone who was a forward/wing sub last year

unnamedsource and No shinguards repped this.