AC Milan General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by Calcio Pauly, Jan 25, 2013.

?

Who should replace Allegringo

1. Donadoni

8 vote(s)
    26.7%
  2. Di Matteo

9 vote(s)
    30.0%
  3. other?

13 vote(s)
    43.3%
  1. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
  2. BobanFan

BobanFan Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Armed with Rolex's

3. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Not us. We gave everyone the rebirth of Western civilization, it would take a ton of Rolexes to even come close.

4. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    all of those penalties and fiorentina still can't qualify for CL. :sneaky:

LGRod repped this.
  5. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    Vieri: "If Gullit and Van Basten would play now they'd score 70-80 goals each with no problem."
    Gullit: "At Milan 11 of us would practice against only the 4 defenders and we still couldn't score a goal."
    Gullit: "11 of us couldn't get inside the box in practice against only Tassotti Baresi Maldini and Costacurta."
    Vieri: "The Milan of the 90s would destroy any team right now. Absolutely destroy."
    Vieri: "The first time I played against Milan was with Atalanta and I was called offside 18 times."

DDR, LGRod, Calcio Pauly and 2 others repped this.
  6. gcstorm9

gcstorm9 Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Club:
    AC Milan
  7. KnoxMilanista

KnoxMilanista Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Knoxville, Tennessee, USA
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wish Milan was coming to Charlotte. I guess Pittsburgh and Philly aren't out of reach. Will have to see when the dates get closer.

8. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Absolutely, without question and no doubt. Truth!

9. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Cristante will be out for a month after injuring his left calf bone in today's training.

Cristante will miss the Viareggio Cup, Atlético Madrid games, and the UEFA Youth League match vs. Chelsea (+ Serie A and Primavera games).

Some things never change. Guess this means it's Essien time!:D

10. BobanFan

BobanFan Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I can see Galliani smiling to himself and muttering "and this is we shouldn't buy young players mwahaha"

11. gcstorm9

gcstorm9 Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Lets me honest, Cristante isn't gonna be 1 of the 2 mids in our line-up. Hes a good player but it'll hurt more primavera team

12. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Harry Redknapp: "Years ago to get to AC Milan, you had to be a world-class superstar."

no shit. now championship rejects like tarrabat are good enough. quite sad really.

LGRod and Mengão86 repped this.
  13. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Balotelli: "I miss the City fans, even though the Milan fans are just as good. I enjoyed myself there."

Balotelli: "There's not a great deal of difference between City and Milan in the way they treat the players or whatever."

Balotelli: "If I still talk with the City players? I got a text from Micah just the other day. I see Tevez sometimes now that he's in Italy"

Balotelli: "It was diffcult at City at first, but I went to Manchester as a boy and I came back as a man."

Balotelli: "It has not been an easy season for us, but we have plenty of good young players."

Balotelli: "Maybe there’s a bit more responsibility for me now working with younger players like El Shaarawy but it hasn't been like it's a big decision that I had to take."

Balotelli: "Having KAKA back at the club has helped as well, I think. He's a very experienced player - someone you can always learn from."

Balotelli: "Some opposition players can't handle you, so they have to try to wind you up. Most referees know what's going on. They see it."

Balotelli: "The fans? If it's not racist chanting or something, then it's not really that much of a problem. You grow up with it, really."

Balotelli: "Would I walk off if there was any racist chanting? Yes."

Balotelli: "Growing up, I always said to my mom; "I'm going to be a footballer." I always believed. I always knew I would do it."

Balotelli: "I haven't changed anything since missing those penalties. You just have to stay confident and know what you can do as a player."

Balotelli: "Silvio Berlusconi is a good football man; whenever I speak to him he always has advice on how we can move the club forward."

Balotelli: "What I spoke about with the Pope? I'm keeping that to myself. He's a very inspirational man."

Balotelli: "It meant a lot to me to have an audience with the Pope. I took a lot from it, and it’s something that I'll always have with me."

Balotelli: "When I was younger, I used to really like boxing. And MikeTyson was the greatest."

Balotelli: "Do I have a bit of Tyson's attitude when I'm playing? Maybe sometimes. A little bit."

Balotelli: "@ClaroRonaldo was my idol when growing up. He was just fantastic, such a good player. He reminds me of why I love football."

Balotelli: "I wish my bad side was badder. I would like to really piss people off. I'm talking about when I'm on the pitch."

Balotelli: "Sometimes, I think I should be a bit tougher when I'm on the pitch..."

Balotelli: "I still want to become the best player in the world."

BalotellI: "Ibra is an incredible player. Guys like him can show you what it's possible to achieve."

Balotelli: "The World Cup? I’m going to enjoy myself. It's in Brazil, it's my first World Cup and I want to have a good time."

Balotelli: "I don’t see the World Cup as being some sort of big stage for me. I just want to go there and enjoy the experience. And I will."

Balotelli: "it's a really big deal for me to play for the Azzurri. I’m very proud to play for Italy. I love playing for Italy."

Balotelli: "Prandelli is a great coach - you can learn so much technically from him. He has helped me a lot."

Balotelli: "If I will return to playing in the Premier League? Yes. But I don't know when."

Balotelli: "When I do something important on the pitch, when people are proud of me. That’s when I love being a footballer."

Balotelli: "Barbara Berlusconi? Yeah, it's good to have her at the club as well."

LGRod repped this.
  14. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
  15. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    none of your images are showing up.

16. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
  17. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Not only are you signing these 'rejects', but they are starting right away :rolleyes:

So when is Milan just going to dump Robinho? I would have expected him to return to Brazil by now.

Also, please tell me those Balotelli transfer rumors I heard last week were false. If Mario moves, Milan is in worse condition than I thought.

LGRod repped this.
  18. gcstorm9

gcstorm9 Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Pirlo and Ibra were once considered rejects at there clubs. Its a shame that ppl dont believe the notion that some players need a change of environment/motivation to be better.

Milan cant afford to buy world class players OR they choose not to spend 40mil on a player like Man City or PSG to follow along with FFP rules. Milans revenue doesnt allow for lavish spending due to weak stadium/matchday revenue.

Robinho renewed contract to take a pay cut to stay at Milan and since no team is giving Milan value for him and the fact they cant spend for a new player, makes it a null move. He'll be gone within a yr or 2.

Milan are in bad condition financially and would be foolish to sell Balotelli or even SES. However, Milan sold Ibra and Thiago Silva when our owner had to pay off his debts, so anything is possible. I surely hope neither of them go. The best news Milan can get, is a new stadium deal. Until then, we are miles away from the big clubs.

LGRod repped this.
  19. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    we tried to sell robinho to santos, but couldn't agree to a price. also think there was a problem with his wages.

..we're prepared for balo's potential sale. that's why we signed alessandro matri! :rolleyes::rolleyes: ( on loan with fiorentina atm )

20. BH Fanatico

BH Fanatico Member+

AC Milan
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Aug 7, 2011
    Seattle
    Club:
    FK Sarajevo
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    We have made stadium plans. I'm not sure if this board mentioned this at all.

21. gcstorm9

gcstorm9 Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Ya, but the land cost 300 mil so the idea was scraped. Hopefully, it works out somehow

Calcio Pauly repped this.
  22. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Balotelli will be sidelined for the next 10 days. De Sciglio will undergo further tests in the next days to determine the injury's extent.

With our luck, De Sciglio will be out for the rest of the season.

23. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
  24. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Galliani: "We will evaluate if Al Ahly's trophies are all approved or not. At worst, we will remain the most successful club in Europe."[​IMG]

25. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    El Shaarawy's recovery is going well (next consultation in Amsterdam is on March 17). He's still not expected to return before April.

Forza Pharaoh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LGRod repped this.