AC Milan 2013/14 Coppa Italia Thread [R]

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by Kqql, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    #1 Kqql, Jan 6, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2014
  2. kickball21

kickball21 Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    this is a must win game, as the coppa might be the only way milan will play in europe next year. hope they take it seriously and perform well.

3. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    get to the final and we qualify for EL.[​IMG]

Kqql repped this.
  4. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    honestly, do we want to play in the EL next season? or would you rather play 12 or so fewer games throughout the year and be able to focus solely on the league?

5. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    EL is better than nothing. easier way to raise our club coefficient.[​IMG]

plus, serie A is boring. i like watching milan play against teams from different countries. we're a big club, participating in two competitions has never been a problem..

6. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    do you think we'd be sitting 11th right now if we hadn't had 8 extra games this fall? it's like mourinho said about liverpool this season. they have a whole week to prepare for their game on saturday. players have extra time to recover. coaches have extra time to game plan.

milan are clearly in a rebuilding phase. our attacking players look promising. our midfield needs work. our defense and goalkeeping need major overhauls. combine that with a new manager coming in, and it's going to be a trying season. that being said, with a thin squad and a team adjusting to a new boss, i wouldn't be crushed to only have one game per week to get the most out of our first 11.

gcstorm9 repped this.
  7. kickball21

kickball21 Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    not playing in europe means that you won't attract talent though, as most good players want to play in the CL or at least the EL. plus with the club being so cheap it never hurts to have some added income from playing in a continental tournament. if we don't qualify i can already hear galliani saying that since we won't be in europe we won't be able to afford anyone. and free transfers will go to teams most ready to suit their needs.

i think to keep milan in the conversation of "top" teams, the team needs to qualify for the EL.

8. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    i don't buy that. players want to play in the champions league. i don't think they give a fart about the EL, at least the players we want on our team. players will come to milan because it's milan even if we are out of the CL next year because they will expect a bounce back and to qualify for the CL in 2015-16. it will become a problem if we go 2 or 3 years without qualifying for the CL regardless of if we're in the EL or not.

9. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    if you win the EL, you're in the CL starting next season.

10. kickball21

kickball21 Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    maybe you're right about players and the EL. but going to a team that says they have no money, in a league that is known to be in a decline, and not even being able to qualify to the EL in that league would raise some eye brows. if this were an english team, i'm sure players would say that the league is difficult or we'd have the finance to bounce back. but we can't afford quality, we have to attract it. and to attract it the team has to do everything in its power to prove it is still a world power. that includes being able to at least qualify to europe every single year

11. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Probable formation:

MILAN ( 4-3-2-1 ): Abbiati; Rami, Silvestre, Bonera, De Sciglio; Poli, Montolivo, Cristante, Honda, Robinho, Pazzini.

12. kickball21

kickball21 Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    i'm curious to see how a poli, montolivo, cristante midfield does. i was expecting to see a midfield similar to what we've normally seen, but i guess it was allegri and not tassotti that was the conservative one. i also like the rami and honda starts.

seems like a "pretty strong" line-up, but i suppose this is a must win game. i do like the fact that kaka and balotelli have been rested though. hopefully the players step up!

13. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
  14. BobanFan

BobanFan Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
  15. BobanFan

BobanFan Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    finishes 3-1. Okay performance but hard to guage as Spezia aren't that good

16. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
  17. kickball21

kickball21 Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    dang. i thought the game was at 2:45! i only caught the last five minutes.

18. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    last 30 minutes were forgettable tbh.

19. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003

Coppa Italia
    RECAP -> AC Milan 3-1 Spezia

-

Scorers: Robinho 28 (M), Pazzini 31 (M), Honda 47 (M), Ferrari 91 (S)

Milan:
    Abbiati;
    Zaccardo, Mexes, Rami, De Sciglio;
    Poli, Montolivo, Cristante;
    Honda (Birsa 64), Robinho (Nocerino 78);
    Pazzini (Petagna 70)

Spezia:
    Leali;
    Baldanzeddu, Bianchetti, Lisuzzo, Migliore;
    Seymur, Bovo;
    Schiattarella (Culina 61), Catellani (Orsic 84), Rivas (Ciurria 76);
    Ferrari

http://www.football-italia.net/43883/coppa-seedorf-watches-milan-win

-

20. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
  21. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    1-1 at half. balo scored early, but udinese leveled with a penalty late in the half. is anyone watching?

22. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Same story. They're defending with their whole team and hitting us on counter. No real threatening attack until Urby decided to pull down one of their players in the box, I think it was Heurtaux to get them back into it. Rami had looked ok. Mexes is on. He came on for an injured Zapata, I think.

23. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    im watching, was an open 1st half, hopefully the 2nd is the same, udinese have some right selfish bitches

24. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    relegate udinese NOW

oh wait this is Coppa Italia

eliminate udinese NOW

Kqql and el napulitan repped this.
  25. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    The game is opening up in the 2nd with Udinese coming forward more. They've been the better team this half.