AC Milan 2013/14 Champions League Thread [R] Round of 16 - Final

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by Kqql, Feb 10, 2014.

1. kickball21

kickball21 Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    i don't really think that we are toooooo far off from having a decent team. anybody that has ever played defense knows that a good defender makes other defenders around him better. when i play defense and the person next to me is crap, i have to try to cover my area and his area and i end up trying to do too much and make many mistakes and suck. when i can trust the guy next to me i dont have that problem, i can focus solely on my game and i play a lot better.

this not only goes for defense. but when i know there are good defenders behind me and i'm playing as a midfielder, i can trust them and i can focus on my game instead of having to worry about covering my player while simultaneously having to try to position myself for the eventual mistakes of the defenders behind me.

moral of the story, i really do believe that one great defender could really make this team better. a good defender would make the defense, midfield, and attack better through the explanation i have written above. now, do i think milan can afford this great defender? do i think milan will get this player? those are different conversations, but i do think that with the addition of one great defender and the eventual return of SES that this team could be pretty good.

gcstorm9 repped this.
  2. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    We had two of them not too long ago. Nesta and Silva. One got old, the sale of other one helped Berlusconi stay out of jail.

3. kickball21

kickball21 Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    nesta didn't get old all of a sudden, everybody knows that every year players are getting one year older. what pisses me off is milan goes and gets "nesta's heir" in silva and gives him a few seasons to learn the game from nesta first hand and really improve his game to the next level. nesta goes and says, my time is done but i'm comfortable that milan will be fine because silva is ready to take over for me. then what does milan do? sell silva!!

that's why milan is in the state they are in. because you can't replace both nesta and silva at the same time. if maybe they would have gotten the "next silva" and let him learn from him, then it would have been ok to sell him afterwards. or else all that knowledge is gone like it is now. it's like we never even had thiago or nesta on our team at all...