A sub-forum for "New York City FC"

Discussion in 'MLS: Clubs' started by henryo, May 22, 2013.

1. henryo

henryo Member+

Jun 26, 2007
    Perhaps it's now time to create a dedicated sub-forum for "New York City FC", alongside the other 19 clubs?

By the way, were there ever sub-forums created for the other 2 defunct teams? (Tampa Bay Mutiny & Miami Fusion)

Were they already archived? Possible to restore them? (Just in case they maybe resurrected some years later...)

phoenixhazard and Beantowner repped this.
  2. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The standard is to have the team in the expansion forum until the preseason they join the league, but the New York City forum should be renamed to NYCFC. Also, this thread should be in the customer service forum.

henryo repped this.
  3. henryo

henryo Member+

Jun 26, 2007
    Ah noted thanks.

How about the 2 defunct teams? Any dedicated sub-forums for them?

4. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    @Yoshou, I understand that's how you've done it in the past but I think you should consider changing it. City fans are just going to go somewhere else to discuss things, if they haven't already. Preseason is too late.

phoenixhazard and henryo repped this.
  5. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. henryo

henryo Member+

Jun 26, 2007
    #6 henryo, Apr 28, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
    Same goes for the incoming Orlando City S.C. (and the rest of the expansion teams)? ;)

7. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    #7 Q*bert Jones III, Apr 29, 2014
    Last edited: May 13, 2014
    Well, Orlando and Atlanta have a USL or NASL or something forum already.

8. GaSouthern

GaSouthern Member

Nov 19, 2013
    Club:
    Atlanta
    [​IMG]

henryo repped this.
  9. Spursfan1

Spursfan1 Member+

Sep 7, 2010
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah but arent they now doing player signings and beginning to build a team now. Seems that NYFC and OCSC are about ready to build things now for 2015. I guess they will get their forums in a few months.

10. Earthquake FC

Earthquake FC Member

Feb 7, 2006
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    henryo repped this.
  11. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. nicklaino

nicklaino Member+

Feb 14, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The RedBulls have no clue on to promote their team.

I just got back to the US from Germany.

My son took me to a promote that the Red Bulls had. It was a meet and greet with the team.

It was a joke it was not on the field. It was under the stands. The team was bench players who no one ever heard of they were not even in Uniform.

I saw one was a blond I thought he might be German. I ask him he said he was Norweign. I used to coach and play for SC Gjoa here in Brooklyn in the late 1960's a Norweign club in fact it is the oldest club in NYC over 100 years old.

I asked him if he had ever heard of the club. he said he had. It at least gave us a frame of reference to talk. The other 700 people had no fram of reference. They wanted to meet the stars of the team. They were not there.

So my advice to the NYC FC is this hire people who know how to promote the game and the team.

I went to see the Cyclone minor league baseball team play. I am not into baseball I went because my wife wanted to go and it is close.

Everyone there had a great time even me. There were a ton of little kids at the game they had a great time.

Because there were a lot of things going on especially for little kids other then baseball to enter tain them and there parents.

If I was as in charge of running advance tickets and promotions. I would steal the guy that ran it for the cyclones he definately knows what he is doing.

They had cheer leaders they moved around in the cyclone stadium. Would even talk to the fans when they were not doing cheers even that was fun.

If they do that when you talk to the cheer leaders lie and tell them that you watch So you think you can dance. They all watch that show drop a name of a dancer on that show.

Then you have a frame of reference to use to try and take one of them out after the game :)

henryo repped this.
  13. henryo

henryo Member+

Jun 26, 2007
    Off season is upon us now....

Are the NYCFC and OCSC Sub-Forums moving here soon? ;)

Footsatt repped this.
  14. TrueCrew

TrueCrew Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whomever is supposed to put the NYCFC forum and Orlando City forum are a bit late, yes?

Expansion draft in two days. The forum is for MLS Clubs. These are MLS clubs. That don't appear in the MLS clubs forum. Anyone see a problem with that?

henryo and Footsatt repped this.
  15. Sachsen

Sachsen Member+

Aug 8, 2003
    Broken Arrow, Okla.
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    +1. Where do I go to read OCSC fan reactions to today's MLS player transactions?

henryo and Footsatt repped this.
  16. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A request has already been submitted to move the forums. Additionally, new forums are not going to be created for the MLS teams, so just keep posting where you are currently posting.

The existing New York City forum in the MLS: Expansion forum will be moved to the MLS: Clubs forum and renamed to New York City FC.

The Orlando forum in the MLS: Expansion forum and the Orlando City S.C forum in the United Soccer Leagues forum will be merged and moved to the MLS: Clubs forum and called Orlando City S.C.

henryo repped this.
  17. napolisoccer

napolisoccer Member

NYCFC - Napoli
    Feb 20, 2005
    Napoli
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Why there isn't a Third Rail sub-forum ?

18. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But will there be a New York city forum in MLS expansion for NYC#3? :sneaky:

henryo repped this.
  19. henryo

henryo Member+

Jun 26, 2007
    The CxxxxS is coming to town... ;)