A pro/rel discussion

Discussion in 'MLS: Commissioner - You be The Don' started by SignGuyDino, Mar 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Your link pointed me to a very bad place. Filters here popped up a message I've never seen before saying it's a reported attack site.

Thanks for that.

2. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Probably because it's a crap site. DCU1996 found that to counter an argument in another thread and just a cursory look at the article found that it was full of errors.

3. DCU1996

DCU1996 Member

Jun 3, 2002
    N. VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Well, that's exactly what's happening in MLS.

4. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No it is not. MLS does not have promotion/relegation, therefore it can not promote teams for reasons other than on-field performance. He's talking about situations where a Spanish 4th division team purchased a 2nd division team and then moved the 2nd division team to the 4th division team's home, disbanded the 4th division team and moved all the players and coaches from the 4th division team to the 2nd division team.

5. DCU1996

DCU1996 Member

Jun 3, 2002
    N. VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    We have D3, D2, and D1(MLS). Teams in D2 suddenly can go to D1 for reasons other than on-field performance.

6. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Even you can not be this stupid.. MLS does not have promotion and relegation, therefore it can not violate this rule.

7. HailtotheKing

HailtotheKing Member+

San Antonio FC
    United States
    Dec 1, 2008
    TEXAS
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That, and that pyramid is not equivelent to pyramids everywhere else.

8. DCU1996

DCU1996 Member

Jun 3, 2002
    N. VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Are you one of the morons who insisted FIFA pressured only for so called 'multi-tier' and it had nothing to do with pro/rel on the other thread?

I edited my last post and added it, but

Like you quoted and saying "will not affect existing leagues although it will send a strong indication for them to adapt." Existing leagues without pro/rel = MLS, Australia, Korea, etc, and it says "strong indication for them to adapt" -----> Demand.

It's not required or a regulation yet, so FIFA can't enforce it yet, but FIFA still demands it, and also pressures it like the Autrailian A-League case.

I understand football fans not taking MLS seriously which is not following this important principle.

9. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu

**plonk**

10. DCU1996

DCU1996 Member

Jun 3, 2002
    N. VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Welcome to my ignore list.

11. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He knows this, he's been told multiple times. Either he's an idiot or a troll. Either way replying to DCU1996 is not worth the effort.

12. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Teh stupid!! It burns!!! DCU1996, Blatter was not talking about leagues that do not have promotion/relegation. He was talking about teams that DO have pro/rel. But go ahead, keep pretending that he was talking about leagues that don't have pro/rel and continue to prove to everyone that you have the intelligence of a newborn.

13. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    "Indication" is a passive notion connoting observance. "Demand" is active connoting an ultimatum. One cannot be a synonym of the other.

Why is it important?

I should learn that lesson...bah.

14. DCU1996

DCU1996 Member

Jun 3, 2002
    N. VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Like I proved you guys were bunch of zombies in the other thread?

Even if Blatter didn't specifically mention about 'existing leagues without pro/re', it's obvious about the importance of that principle, and it actually pressured one of those leagues(existing leagues without pro/rel) to implement pro/rel (unless you are still insisting it was only for 'multi-tier').

15. DCU1996

DCU1996 Member

Jun 3, 2002
    N. VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Ask FIFA.

16. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Braaaaaaaaaiiiinnsss....

17. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No... FIFA is protecting the tradition of promotion/relegation in which teams are promoted on the basis of their on-field abilities. Since MLS does not have promotion/relegation, there is nothing to protect.

And Australia still hasn't implemented pro/rel. It's been two years since they announced they would be developing a plan to implement it and a year and a half since they said they would have this fully developed plan available. I'm not saying Australia will never have pro/rel, but it sounds more like the president of FFA was paying lip-service to a guest when he made his comments...

18. DCU1996

DCU1996 Member

Jun 3, 2002
    N. VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Are you kidding me?? US+Canada has D1, D2, D3. There certainly is issue of protecting the tradition of pro/rel. You have it, but don't do it properly once in a while or You don't even have it. Which is worse?

If MLS declares intention for pro/rel, it would take more than two years until it actually implement it. here's some update on A-League news on that matter http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...eague-relegation/story-e6frg7mf-1225789752684

19. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They are two completely different things. One of which is covered by the regulation, the other is not. If a league does not have promotion/relegation then it is impossible for a team to be promoted improperly. It's as simple as that.

As far as your new link goes. Please note all the lack of specificity. Things like "I'm very optimistic" and "not-too-distant future" are all indications of there not being a detailed plan to implement pro/rel in the near future. Australia only has 10 D1 teams, it's going to take a long time for them to get a D2 started and in a form where promotion/relegation won't kill the league. That doesn't mean it won't happen, but it won't be any time soon.

20. Tony M

Tony M Member

Nov 22, 2008
    Ohio
    Club:
    --other--
    Because I prefer promotion/relegation. It seems more "real" to me. What's it to you? It's my opinion.

21. Tony M

Tony M Member

Nov 22, 2008
    Ohio
    Club:
    --other--
    It's my opinion. Again, what's it to you?

22. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    It has nothing to do with the game, but the structure of the league?

That's pretty douchey. And that's my opinion.

23. Tony M

Tony M Member

Nov 22, 2008
    Ohio
    Club:
    --other--
    :cool:
    Well aren't you special. Sorry, but I don't owe you an explanation for what I prefer and why I prefer it. Especially when you start name calling.

It's people like you who make internet forums very depressing and frustrating places. And I registered here thinking that finally I could meet and converse with people who share my interest.

Strange. We all supposedly love and live the same game.

You have your opinion and I have mine. And when name-calling comes into it, I just don't have the time for you. I'm too old and I've seen too much of life and football. Bye bye.

24. DCU1996

DCU1996 Member

Jun 3, 2002
    N. VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I think it has much to do with the game. It pormotes more competition.

25. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    How dramatic of you.

The point my previous post is that as you are entitled to your opinion, I'm entitled to ridicule yours (and you mine, and so forth), thus proclaiming the redundant "that's my opinion" is quite beside the point. I know that. The challenge presented is "why". If you don't want to do defend or persuade, why enter a discussion where opinion is divided?