A NYCFC Stadium in the Bronx—Will it Work?

Discussion in 'New York City FC' started by G Enriquez, Sep 6, 2013.

1. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. BlueIntent

BlueIntent Member

May 24, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    How many acres are La Bombonera?

3. napolisoccer

napolisoccer Member

NYCFC - Napoli
    Feb 20, 2005
    Napoli
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  4. BlueIntent

BlueIntent Member

May 24, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Good, the meeting is organised by 161bid who mainly is the collective voice of the small businesses on 161 street, businesses that in many ways take advantage of the hordes of Yankees fans that congregate in the area before and after games.

5. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No it doesn't. It sounds like they have some good options, some better than others, some they prefer and they have a new mayor to deal with. Sounds like its plugging along just like every other stadium plan in the existence of mankind, and faster than most in NYC.

7. napolisoccer

napolisoccer Member

NYCFC - Napoli
    Feb 20, 2005
    Napoli
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  8. BlueIntent

BlueIntent Member

May 24, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    The first town hall meeting was just a feeler I think, the second one will have more details..

9. BlueIntent

BlueIntent Member

May 24, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Just a few snippets..

http://riverdalepress.com/stories/Diaz-envisions-new-Bronx,53836

A waterfront to rival DUMBO, a professional soccer stadium and train service into the eastern part of the borough are among the dramatic changes Borough President Ruben Diaz Jr. envisioned in his State of the Borough speech last week.

"Mr. Diaz said that with the right community involvement, “I can even see a new soccer stadium a few blocks away from here.”

10. Rumrunner

Rumrunner Member

May 13, 2013
    Long Island
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    DeBlasio seems like he is gonna be a pain in the ass, so we will see how long this takes .

11. BlueIntent

BlueIntent Member

May 24, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    De Blasio just need a deal that will be good for his progressive image..

12. Rumrunner

Rumrunner Member

May 13, 2013
    Long Island
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Yes absolutely and do it for the children .:thumbsup:

13. NYisBLUE

NYisBLUE New Member

Mar 2, 2014
    I don't think de Blasio will be a stumbling block. Remember, Bloomberg killed stadium deals for the Yankees and the Mets almost as soon as he took office, but we still got new parks in the Bronx and Queens.

It appears de Blasio is merely concerned about the amount of public money that will be dedicated to NYCFC's stadium. As, frankly, am I. But I think we'll get there nonetheless with a deal that can satisfy most.

14. Rumrunner

Rumrunner Member

May 13, 2013
    Long Island
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Yeah I'm pretty positive about it overall . When it does finally get done I am certain they will build something awesome.

15. Onionsack

Onionsack BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was at Bronx Supreme Court last week, and overheard a group court officers discussing the plan, going off on how bad the deal was for everyone but the rich Arab guy and wondering where their promised parkland is.

16. CornellBigRed

CornellBigRed Member

Apr 29, 2008
    Rye Brook, Westchester
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey Onionsack!

I'm just responding to all your drive-by put-downs today aren't I? Anyway, I'm pleasantly surprised by your presence in so many places relevant to NYCFC. You were at the bar where the supporter's group meet-up was, coutning participants and casting judgements on photo ops. Now you're at the Bronx Supreme Court eavesdropping on "group court officers." You're everywhere!

And thank god you were eavesdropping on them. What would we do if we didn't know about what "group court officers" are saying about the potential stadium. Who cares that the promised parkland they reference was connected to Yankee Stadium and much, if not all, was provided exactly where the old stadium stood. Sure, NYCFC wouldn't need to add parkland because it isn't being built on a park but sharing that "group court officers" are wondering about parkland is certainly adding to conversations about NYCFC.

Keep at it brother, we need to entertain each other during slow days at work.

whill4 and Dante repped this.
  17. Egbert Sousé

Egbert Sousé Member

NYCFC
    May 25, 2013
    nyc
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wouldn't worry about Onionhead. He's nothing more than a bitter, bitter f.Cosmos fanboy.

Hey fan boy, you're now officially a bore on two web sites. Why don't you take your Cosmos circle jerk back to Metro Fanatic and try to recruit some guys over there for that disaster out in Nassau County.

18. Onionsack

Onionsack BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Forgive me, i figured passing a long conversations from actual Bronx people about this "deal" would be better received. Or perhaps its the fact the communications were not favorable to the stadium is what you find objectionable?