A new korea jersey? Part VI

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Sergei Mantis, May 8, 2011.

1. heyheyhe11

heyheyhe11 Member+

Oct 1, 2009
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    If I were you, I'd wait until late may when coach hong announces the final squad for the World Cup. It would look silly if you get them now and the number of player is not matching. Because some of these guys like Ki and chungyong are bound for lower numbers. I can't imagine the backup players of Ki or chungyong getting a lower number

Number 7 for chungyong is bound to happen. While son gettjng 11 is just about right on the money.

2. Tagline

Tagline Member

Vancouver Whitecaps FC
    Jun 22, 2006
    Vancouver
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Yeah, I understand. I ordered these mainly to check on the quality of the kits, so if Ki does end up getting a lower number and I like the jersey itself, I can always order another one with the correct number and give the other one to a friend or relative. If I were getting a $150 authentic replica, then I'd absolutely wait for the final squad, but at $32 per shirt, I'm just curious to see what it'll look like, especially since I can get five replica shirts for the price of one official shirt.

3. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    They're gonna keep the numbers that they have. They've had many chances to go lower and did not

4. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    ^ i agree with this. As much as it makes sense, the players seem to want to keep 17 and 16.
    SHM does, though, have a high chance of landing #11

5. KyopoOhNo

KyopoOhNo Member+

Aug 3, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Not 7?

6. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    Probably KBK

7. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #1532 Seol Korea, Apr 8, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
    Sorry to burst your bubble heyx3 but it's not bound to happen, now let me say this for the last time that both LCY and KSY will not be changing their numbers anytime soon.

Now I don't know the whole reason why they both chose the double digits other than the fact that it's partly because of their close friendship, so whatever their reason may be those numbers will be something they'll be sticking with for a while unless they find a reason for a need of change.

What's your reason for wanting or believing that there will be a number change for them? And, unless LKH doesn't make it to the WC Squad then SHM won't be getting the number 11, he'll most likely be getting the number 9.

This is pretty much it and you don't normally see players changing their numbers every so often as it is something that they will live and play by where not only the fans but the players themselves will remember to.

8. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    dude will be lucky to get a number at all at this point.

9. djsun

djsun Member

Feb 13, 2006
    Germany
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Decided to get the 13/14 PSV home shirt instead (currently $58) of the Korea WC shirts this year :sneaky:

edkwolverines and heyheyhe11 repped this.
  10. heyheyhe11

heyheyhe11 Member+

Oct 1, 2009
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

As a resident psv Eindhoven fan here, I am also keeping a closer eye on the jersey on the same site. It has been $60 bucks for quite sometime, I forgot about and I assume the medium size was going to be gone very soon. But no,I'll say wait for another price drop. Then I'll get it.

11. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Which site? And we can't customize, can we?

12. Tagline

Tagline Member

Vancouver Whitecaps FC
    Jun 22, 2006
    Vancouver
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Hey guys, I received the kits today - quite fast, 3 business days from China to Canada. As promised, here are the photos (apologies for the wrinkles, I didn't have time to iron the shirts):

[​IMG]

More photos can be viewed here.

I ordered from http://www.handsome-jersey.com/ - despite the sketchy looking website, they are a reliable seller I've dealt with in the past.

First Impressions
    Overall, I'm quite pleased with how the kits turned out, especially for a first try and at $35 each including shipping. They don't look like obvious knock-offs; all of the emblems, logos and tags are in the right place, and HJ did a great job with making the name and number markings using the font I provided them. The kits aren't perfect - HJ put the WC qualifiers patch on instead of the tournament patch (which I easily removed using my iron), the front number markings on both jerseys are an inch or so lower than I'd like, and the name + number, as similar as it looks, will probably look slightly different on the authentic jersey. Having said that, these problems aren't deal-breakers for most people, and the kits are very good value at this price.

Fit and Feel
    Fabric-wise, the kits feel slightly thinner and tighter than my previous authentic WC kits. They don't feel cheap, but the material doesn't feel as nice as player issue authentics, and they don't seem to have the moisture wicking material that the latter does. Granted, I don't have the official kits to compare them to, so perhaps someone with the authentic kit can shed light on that. They're advertised as player version kits; while I wouldn't use these on the pitch, they're perfectly fine for general wear.

Sizing runs on the smaller side. At 5'3, 120 pounds (I know, I'm short), I usually wear a small and that's what I ordered, but it fits tight on me, so consider ordering a size up if you like a looser fit. My authentic 2010 home kit (size 95) is significantly bigger and looser than these replicas. In hindsight, I would have ordered a medium.

Service & Shipping
    Dealing with Handsome Jersey was great, especially for a custom order. I've ordered from them several times, but this time I badgered them quite a bit and provided several mockup photos before I made my purchase. They responded to my emails quickly, had no problem with making my custom name and number printing, and shipping was super quick.

Total cost was $63 USD ($19 per jersey + $25 shipping). Shipping was super fast - I placed my order late Wednesday and received it in Vancouver on Monday morning. No duty fees.

Note: HJ does not have the WC2014 tournament patch, so save yourself the trouble and get a shirt with no patches - you can always buy the tournament patch and iron it on later.

Final Thoughts
    Overall, I'm really happy with the kits for the price that I paid. They have minor issues that a diehard KNT kit collector would notice, but personally, I'm not willing to pay close to $200 for a shirt when I could pay $35 and get something that looks 95-97% similar. If you share that opinion, then these kits are a great buy.

Your chances of getting a good-looking kit from a Chinese seller are always better if you can provide them with a photo of the exact jersey that you want, so if enough people are interested, I'll share the (free) name and number font, as well as the .PSD kit template that I used to make my order.

Cheers!

13. heyheyhe11

heyheyhe11 Member+

Oct 1, 2009
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Soccer.com and the online store of bigsoccer.

Both of then has medium size psv home jersey. And they do not have psv numbering and prints.

14. Chorok

Chorok Member+

Mar 10, 2012
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Apparently my dad bought the authentic jersey with SHM markings. I'll be seeing him in two weeks, so I'll post the pics then.

Sons of Thunder and Tagline repped this.
  15. TaegukWarrior

TaegukWarrior Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy handsome-jersey those guys are my BOYS, got my 2012 away shirt from them

16. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
  17. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
  18. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
  19. TaegukWarrior

TaegukWarrior Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  20. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    i've never seen collars like napoli's before. the ol shirt isn't great, but i'd like it for korea. i want stripes!

21. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
  22. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    all they do is change the collar for juve each year

23. Chaminator

Chaminator Member+

Sep 7, 2010
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Hey Y'all,

Doing some spring cleaning on a few of my Korean jerseys and checking here to see if BSK members would be interested in them first before putting them on ebay.

First, #5 Kim Nam Il 02/04 away Authentic Cool Motions jersey in MINT condition. I can guarantee that it's near impossible to find another of these jerseys for this mint a condition anymore. No flaws anywhere at all (maybe a bobble or two on the inner layer) and only worn maybe once.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Second, a 08/10 home jersey in size Large (but fits more like a medium because of how tightly fit these were made)

[​IMG]

Third a 10/12 home jersey in Medium:

[​IMG]

and finally a 12/14 away jersey in Small (size 95):

[​IMG]

All are Nike authentic, in great condition and washed clean. PM me for price, more pics, and other detail if interested.

24. heyheyhe11

heyheyhe11 Member+

Oct 1, 2009
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    went to local niketown today for update on national team merchandise. here some fotos.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A lot of tees and n98 jacket setup in a better way. still no away white n98 jersey. korea n98 jacket was on the middle shelf so i took it out to give you an idea that there was korea n98 jackets. korea home and away jersey is in one small middle rack compare to the major national team getting a dedicated section. the new display was a korea jersey complete to shorts and socks. which i am hoping they will have shorts and socks later.

olijolly, Chaminator and takeuchi repped this.
  25. heyheyhe11

heyheyhe11 Member+

Oct 1, 2009
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    there was one new korea merchandise in the store.

[​IMG]

did you see it? korea soccerball. as soon i saw the ball, i took a look at and bought it. cost 25 dollars.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

on one side shows 'korea' with our kfa tiger logo. and the other side, the word 투혼(too-hon. meaning fighting spirits). it's a very nice ball that will never field to be kicked ever. it's going to a display in my room to stay and preserve forever. rarely you find a product with the name of our country stamped right over. didn't even think for second of getting. had one look at it, and it was never going to leave me.

i've spoken the employee and they said, on the 22nd of this month is when they move all football related merchandise from their fourth floor to the first floor. and they will have the first floor dedicated to everything nike football and get ready for the world cup. they'll get more merchandise for all national teams. it will be interesting how they display the whole thing. not sure on what they'll get, but everything for the world cup, they'll get it. hopefully they'll get some more. i'll post more during that weekend.

soccerboy37 repped this.