A new korea jersey? Part VI

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Sergei Mantis, May 8, 2011.

1. seoulman9

seoulman9 Member

Aug 28, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    After lunch today, I went to the same niketown that hey3 went to. I can confirm, after seeing these things in real life, that my biggest complaint is the shade of red. It's too orangey on this one. I wouldn't even mind the backpack straps so much, if the shade of red was right. I personally like the shade on the tiger-stripe '10 ones much better. Think i'll sit out on buying this jersey.

Edit: Forgot to mention - I also saw the U.S. away jerseys while I was there. Man, they are uuuugly. I actually asked one of the staff members there what he thought about it. His reaction "well . . . . . . . you know . . . . . " Me: "It sucks, right?" Him: "Yeah. It doesn't really even look like a U.S. shirt, does it?"

Ha!

2. bozambreaker

bozambreaker Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Man, did not realize the USA kits were all red in the back. Nasty.

3. heyheyhe11

heyheyhe11 Member+

Oct 1, 2009
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  4. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

“This kit possesses both revolutionary performance benefits, and a strong sense of celebrating the country,” said Martin Lotti, Nike Football Global Creative Director.

“The clean and crisp white kit, with highlights of red and blue, is visually stunning,” said Korean National Team midfielder ChungYong Lee. “Coupled with performance innovations that cool the body, this kit will play an important role for us in the heat and humidity of Brasil this summer."

“By managing sweat and keeping the body cooler longer, players feel more comfortable, sweat less, and perform better,” said Lotti.

“Incorporating environmental sustainability is a key part of the design and development process for us,” said Lotti. “Our aim is to create a kit that performs for players and is good to the planet.”

“When we asked players to talk about the kind of protection they need during a match, they showed us scars and abrasions on their upper-back hip area from sliding,” recalled Lotti. “Several players showed us these same injuries so we set-out to add more protection, while balancing the need for lightweight and breathability.”

5. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Taegukgi my ass
    Though i have to say, it's better than the home jersey

6. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Well, LCY seems to like it as well.

7. heyheyhe11

heyheyhe11 Member+

Oct 1, 2009
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #1507 heyheyhe11, Apr 3, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
    whole lot of press bullshit that doesn't mean a whole lot for us fans. lower the damn price one your product nike. a little bit cheaper would be nice.

one article above posted by kyopoohno mentioned about english player jersey cost 90 pound sterling for them while 'the stadium replica' cost 60 pounds. i can't say anything about why english are bitching about the price of those jersey in their homeland. but i can share about how much the jersey costs here in the states.

the stadium replica is at 90 bucks and player jersey is 130. n98 jacket is 100.

excluding the player jersey, those are still expensive for normal people here. i can certainly buy them at retail price. but as an educated consumer, i would like to find deals before i buy them. (i'd like to thank soccerboy37 again for saving me almost 50 bucks). seol korea also gave us an insight how much these product cost in korea, and they're crazy expensive i feel for ppl there earning a monthly paycheck.

but for me, rarely you get to see clothing with 'korea' stamped on it here in the states. and i missed it when i had the chance back in 2010 to buy then n98 jacket. probably it was a little too expensive at 90 bucks at that time. so i had to pull the trigger early and at least secure them on my hands. and i like the away jersey as well and will be buying the all white n98 korea away jacket when it comes out. not at full retail, hopefully another bargain waits me.

------------------------------

edit: double checking the shorts and socks. design of these are VERY simple. just all white and nike logo on blue. great job nike. didn't lose sleep over designing our kits.

soccerboy37 repped this.
  8. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Oh yeah my n98 just came today and it's fcking awesome
    At 70 bucks it's quite the save
    soccerboy you da man :thumbsup:
    That makes my collection the 2010 home, 2012 home, and 2014 N98. The away 2014 is next and hopefully I can buy it for 40 bucks on amazon sometime in 2015 like I did with my 2012 kit :D

soccerboy37 repped this.
  9. heyheyhe11

heyheyhe11 Member+

Oct 1, 2009
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pw/n/1j7?sl=n98

above is link of nike store with search tag 'n98'

certain n98 jacket are priced full retail of 100 bucks. but there are also those priced at 80 bucks. my guess is that they were priced in full but they wern't moving as nike store hoped. so lesser nations like croatia, australia, zambia, new zeland are at a discount. but korea is not among those at a sale price. i checked here quite a few time for past couple of day to check if they had any more korea stuff. and so little while korea n98 were sold out. i guess that's a good sign and koreans here in the states are buying those. but do check here also to see if they lower the price on korea merchandise.

10. HandsomeVoice

HandsomeVoice Member

Feb 7, 2010
    California
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    got my n98 today and i love it
    the fit is really good (true to size) and the material is really soft compared to the 2010 n98
    100% recommend

11. heyheyhe11

heyheyhe11 Member+

Oct 1, 2009
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    checking out nike korea and found korea's polo and t shirt

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
  13. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #1513 Seol Korea, Apr 3, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
    @ heyheyhe11

It's quite ridiculous to find that a Replica would cost nearly as $100 nowadays especially when the design of the kit doesn't really make up for the price. The marketing gimmick/ploy by Nike and other main brand corporations are overwhelming as usual (The cost for the new line technology/material etc.).

Since I'm not always in Korea - sometimes it's not always about the price of the kit itself but the cost of shipping especially from an overseas country like Korea for good example. It really puts you at no choice but to spend roughly $20-$50 on shipping depending on the weight of the item, but the speed and time for that price certainly speaks for itself. And, you'd be making a mistake to go with a lower priced shipping option as it can take up to almost 3 months just to receive something unless.... you're a very patient person.

Although the cost didn't really bother me - I dished out a good $250 on the Player Issue jersey. (There's not much of a difference with the price of the jersey alone compared to the previous 2012 and 2010 kits.) I was thinking about getting either the SHM or PJY printing along with the Match Day printing from the Greece Friendly, but held off since the World Cup is right around the corner so I only applied the 태극기 patch since it was free.

heyheyhe11 repped this.
  14. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    away kit is much better than the home. must cop.

15. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    The "Korea" on the bottom of the crest is the most redundant crap I've ever seen.

wetcrispy repped this.
  16. TaegukWarrior

TaegukWarrior Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    belgium's away is the swankiest top of the entire wc

17. heyheyhe11

heyheyhe11 Member+

Oct 1, 2009
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    no problem dishing out 250 bucks?. that's awesome if you can do that. i can't say the same for myself. i guess i am a little well off compare to others. but at 250 bucks? that's an easy NO for me. because i feel the same 250 bucks can be spent on other stuff. even at 90-100 bucks for jersey and jacket, i have to think it over twice or three times over. but i do have a comfort zone around 60-70 which is exactly why when soccerboy37 posted the deal? i jumped on it right away. i feel a whole lot more people would nike products if they priced at 60-70 bucks. but i guess enough people are buying at 90-100 to not lower it.

nike products are too expensive for me. which is exactly why i love Adidas.they're little bit less expensive compare to nike and they have awesome clearance sale price. i used to like nike. but their price is major turnoff. but they got my money for the world cup. i don't know how popular air jordans are in korea, but at least here a lot of kids are wearing these jordans costing upward of 170 bucks a pair. a good large portion of these kids are from terrible neighborhood. and these kids are decked out in jordans. which i find crazy.

soccerboy37 repped this.
  18. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I need these in my life.

soccerboy37 repped this.
  19. heyheyhe11

heyheyhe11 Member+

Oct 1, 2009
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    since nike have announced all home and away jerseys recently, i went to manhattan niketown yesterday to check out of the new away jersey gears.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

now the rack is stuffed with away shorts and practice kits for big selling national teams.

20. heyheyhe11

heyheyhe11 Member+

Oct 1, 2009
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and finally the away white jersey for our national team was here too. i must admit, it's a winner of the two jersey we have for the 2014. this store have yet to have player prints for our national team. but they now have prints for again, the big nations. i've also asked this time if the store does a player prints on jersey bought somewhere else. they said no. only available with the jersey purchased in the store only. so 90 bucks for jersey, plus 30 bucks for prints. which i feel it's a little crazy up there. 120 bucks for jersey with player prints, i may hold off on the player print. unless there's a deal in the near future. the employee again told me they will have more korea stuff in the store once the tourney gets closers. let's hope so because i want the korea t-shirt. the one i posted above.

n98 jacket for us korean national team was on sale for 80 bucks instead of 100. i don't know how long the sale goes for, but if you have missed on the deal at sports authority a week ago, best you check out your local niketown. i missed out on the size medium n98 jacket and bought the small one. it was a tight fit so i returned the small one to niketown. i said i've lost my receipt and told them i paid in cash. they exchanged it medium size no problem.

komina12345 repped this.
  21. Tagline

Tagline Member

Vancouver Whitecaps FC
    Jun 22, 2006
    Vancouver
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #1521 Tagline, Apr 6, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
    Hey guys,

I managed to find a near-identical version of Korea's 2014 name / number font today. Since we haven't seen the away kits in action yet, I made a rough mockup of what a fully lettered shirt will look like based on what we've seen so far:
    [​IMG]

I know a lot of BSK members got their 2010 kits from OneTop Soccer, but AFAIK they're no longer in business and it looks like the only option overseas BSK-ers will have is to import the official shirt from Korea or the USA, which will cost around $150-200+. I emailed a couple of the reliable Thai replica sellers that I know and none of them have the official '14 kit marking available. However, I e-mailed them this font today and asked if they could customize the kit with it, so I'll let you know when I get a response - hopefully they can provide us with a cheaper alternative and near-identical printing.

Cheers!

komina12345 and heyheyhe11 repped this.
  22. Tagline

Tagline Member

Vancouver Whitecaps FC
    Jun 22, 2006
    Vancouver
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Update: My preferred Thai replica seller got back to me and said they could do it, so I ordered the home and away kits using this better quality template that I made (minus the taegukki patch, they didn't have it.) Cost me $19 per shirt and $25 shipping to Canada.
    [​IMG]

I'll post back with pictures once I get the finished products.

23. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    You do understand that the WC patch goes on the right sleeve right? Not to nit pick you or anything just that you wouldn't want a fcuked up kit in the end.

24. Tagline

Tagline Member

Vancouver Whitecaps FC
    Jun 22, 2006
    Vancouver
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    You're right, I messed that up in the picture but I caught it and requested that they put it on the right side.

Seol Korea repped this.
  25. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #1525 Seol Korea, Apr 7, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
    It's a sure thing as no one would want a ruined jersey. A few years ago there was a member that posted a picture of 2010 Home jersey that had the incorrect name format of the printing, as well as another that posted the 2012 Away Player Issue jersey also with the incorrect name format.

As a long time jersey collector it makes me cringe seeing a beautiful kit getting ruined, I mean I'm sure there are folks who don't really care and would wear it with pride, but not for me especially since the money spent on a kit is too good for a kit to get ruined (In other words it becomes a waste of $).

JoeKamel repped this.