A New Hope: The 11/12 Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'VfB Stuttgart' started by Winoman, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bumping to get this in the "Watched Threads" bucket. Sorry.

2. el americano

el americano Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Jun 9, 2006
    San Francisco
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's a button at the top of the screen when you're viewing the thread to watch. For you, it now says "Unwatch Thread"

3. Lamprey

Lamprey Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What did you think Didavi is considering right now? He could easily be the next Gebhart at Stuttgart. Waste away on the bench, marginalized, no confidence, development crapped on. You seem confident Didavi will return (and he likely will) but it seems a risk when the player and his handlers are clearly thinking long term and aware of being a fringe player who a big club doesn't care about when you have Nurnberg bending over backwards to accommodate you. Stuttgart runs a risk they bring him back for 1 year and let him leave on a free. Economics at VFB not so hot anymore. If they don't get the kid extended this summer...they would be dumb not to sell.

4. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Recently heard some reports by BILD saying there are consideration about prolonging the loan for one more season. I mean, I am totally against this. Didavi would not be fringe at VfB on this past half-season's form. He would be a starter instead of Hajnal. Sure, he has a bit more pressure, but he will get that at any bigger club. Surely it is something to aspire to.

According to Kicker, Celozzi may well rejoin Armin Veh by signing with Eintracht.

Rumors of a Cacau departure swirling around. Hope this does not happen either, we cannot just have Ibisevic and Schieber as real strikers for an entire season. On that note, also still rumors about Schieber. His contract has yet to be extended, Bobic says we tabled 'what I feel is a very good offer', but he hasn't signed yet. Well, I hope we extend him.

So, my take:
    - Bring back Didavi
    - Keep Cacau
    - Keep Schieber

Too utopian? perhaps.

Boka's contract is out this summer but apparently Labbadia would be happy to keep him. Please, no. We cannot possibly offer 3 contracts to this player, pay cut or not. He is not good enough for serious ambitions. Im sorry to say, I like him as much as the next guy does. Of course if Molinaro left, then it may make some sense. But with Boulahrouz leaving (and Sakai subsequently being fitted in at RB since Chandler will not be coming), I would like us to keep Molinaro. He is a significantly higher standard than Boka.

5. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With the season over, it feels like we need a new thread, now, for the 2012/2013 transfer rumors. I've seen a few things on "1893news on Twitter." What do you all think?