A New Hope: The 11/12 Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'VfB Stuttgart' started by Winoman, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    So who will join Schieber and Traore in the new arrivals category?

Looks like Kwist will be the next new name...

... also looks like Traesch could well leave this summer. He has rejected a sound wage increase and what sounded like a good declaration of prospects by Fredi Bobic. Bobic says he hasn't given up yet, but it looks more and more likely that Traesch could leave us this summer, which would arguably make it three summers in a row of the best player leaving the club..

Where to? Apparently Schalke and Wolfsburg are interested, but I don't necessarily see why these would be major improvements for Traesch personally.

We shall see.

2. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    In Stz, Traesch is being valued around 20 million euros... that's nuts.

3. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Danish magazine 'Ekstrabladet' says that Kvist's move to Stuttgart is basically complete. Tomorrow, Copenhagen will present his replacement, and it is rumoured that the transfer price will be in the range of 4 million euros. It should, apparently, be confirmed at the end of the week.

4. kgosser

kgosser New Member

Oct 2, 2009
    Milwaukee, WI
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for doing this Winoman!

I was starting to wonder WTF was up with Vfb... So many transfer rumors going on with other teams, but barely anything with us! Kinda boring :( lol

5. Footy Magoo

Footy Magoo Audaces fortuna iuvat

Mar 23, 2009
    ♫ Flugelville
    9M on transfermarkt.

6. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Well, we've signed a player today!

http://www.vfb.de/de/aktuell/meldun...illiam-kvist/page/2096-0-3-1308214114.html?f3

William Kvist Signs Until 2015

After a month and a half of speculation, the transfer has gone through. He will cost about 3.5 million euros, and the management said he was a favourite option for a while now.

He can play attacking and defensive midfield, he is aimed for the defensive midfield role it seems. Should be a good addition, i'm glad this has happened.

[​IMG]

Welcome to the club, William :)

7. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    The real selling point for Traesch seems to be at around 10 million euros.

Leverkusen are now also reportedly interested, along with Wolfsburg and Schalke.

8. seashore10

seashore10 Member

Dec 24, 2008
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  9. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    In special circumstances.

I mean when Traesch was earning 600k a year he was by the end of that period already one of the best in the squad, and there's no way that a Leistungstraeger for a solid 1. BL side can pay thaat little a year for a leading squad member. So they increased it as a reward / act of goodwill type thing, and it was justified. As for the latest, 3 million is more in the region of what Traesch's performances are worth imo (even 1.5mil was too little), but i'm not surprised that there are clubs around, namely Wolfsburg, who would be willing to pay even more in salaries for Traesch. And that is why he may well be leaving us this summer.

10. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Wolfsburg seem to be the favourites for Traesch at the moment, but Bobic still has 'not given up'. Needless to say, Wolfsburg would be able to pay the highest wages..

11. kgosser

kgosser New Member

Oct 2, 2009
    Milwaukee, WI
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like we are close to deals with some other J-League players? A Columbian attacking midfielder who plays for one of the better teams?

Just wondering if anyone has any more info about this.

12. Rainer24

Rainer24 Member

Jan 6, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Danilson from Nagoya Grampus. He's more of a defensive mid, from what I understand.

13. Rainer24

Rainer24 Member

Jan 6, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So far, we have yet to be linked to anyone I find even remotely exciting.

It's early yet, but I'm gonna be pissed if we sell our best player for the third season and a row without acquiring a suitable replacement.

14. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    We have indeed been linked to some J-League players whom I know nothing about, but nothing is official yet.

@Rainer

Yeah, it has not been particularly inspiring thus far. But in fairness, I think Kvist could well turn out to have been a smart buy, while Schieber is anyway good to have back with the squad. Traore i'm more sceptical about..

15. kgosser

kgosser New Member

Oct 2, 2009
    Milwaukee, WI
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We apparently extended the contract of Pascal Breier, who is 19 and will get a chance at the 1st team this year.

Is he any good?

16. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Traesch's move to Wolfsburg could well be confirmed in the next couple of days. The price is estimated to be around 12 million euros.

Calciomercato.com reports that we are interested in 23 year old Takashi Inui, from Japan. Couldn't tell you anything more.

17. Rainer24

Rainer24 Member

Jan 6, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    12 million would be a pretty excellent price, IMO, but if they don't then invest at least 10 of that in one or more replacements, I'm going to be pretty pissed, although not at all surprised.

18. HarveyDent

HarveyDent Member

Sep 3, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does Trasch want to leave or are Stuttgart just looking to sell? Seems odd they keep selling their best players at such young ages.

19. Rainer24

Rainer24 Member

Jan 6, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is a case of the player wanting to leave. The club has offered to double his salary and promised that he will play at RB, which would theoretically improve his chances of becoming a national team regular, but he still turned down a contract extension. The fact that we lose our best player every summer now is beyond frustrating.

20. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Well, Traesch was back at VfB today after the holidays and completed the mandatory fitness test. He wants to leave, but nothing is done yet. Though, I remain pretty certain that it will happen and that the price will be 12mil.

21. JB-Bundesliga

JB-Bundesliga Member

Mar 3, 2011
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, the latest slideshow at the VfB site is interesting. The PR folks at pro teams are hilarious. "They're all one big happy family -- look, here's Träsch smiling (like a real joker) at Harnik on the treadmill." "Here he is fist-bumping Kuzmanovic!" :D Of course they've got to portray that everything is cool and he's one of the gang. But it's kinda funny given he's just about out the door.

And speaking of a happy family, what's the latest word on Marica? Aren't they looking to unload him?

22. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Well, so big news regarding Traesch: Wolfsburg have signed Salihamidzic on a free, which by my understanding means that they should no longer be interested in Traesch.

So he could well end up staying after all! But, of course, Schalke and Leverkusen had also previously expressed interest, so this is far from the final say on the subject.

But it seems pretty clear: Christian Traesch will not be joining Wolfsburg

On another player, it seems that Pavel Pogrebnyak could be leaving in direction of the Premiership. He has been linked to Sunderland in the past, they have stated they are still interested, and negotiations are apparently ongoing. I would support this move for all parties involved: our attack is overcrowded anyway (Cacau, Schieber, Harnik, Okazaki is enough), particularly if we plan to continue playing with only one out-and-out striker, as Labbadia set up the team last season. Furthermore, we could get some useful extra funds with a sale, considering it's an English side, I wouldn't be surprised to see them overpay.

On Marica: it's silent around him. I hope this isn't Basturk / Ljuboja part III..

23. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Apparently we are interested in Wolfsburg's Sascha Riether. Schalke have already made a 2.5million euro bid, we would have to top that if we bid.

Thoughts?

I'm not certain it would be worth it, Riether is solid but he has never stood out to me.

24. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Stuttgarter Zeitung report that Lokomotiv Moscow are once again trying to secure the services of Ciprian Marica, after he had turned them down once already during the winter transfer market. He apparently could not picture himself having a life in Moscow. Having not played a minute of competitive club football since then, however, it seems he has changed his mind now.

I hope so. Rumors suggest this transfer could be complete in the coming days.