A Midget's Worst Nightmare, he'll eat you like Breakfast - The Almighty Pepe thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by raven3k, Jun 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Never said the package was perfect. We know what it is.

2. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    That was what irritated me the most, our players need to stay focused and disciplined. I get the heat of the moment and all that but winning the league for us will come down to concentration. What's more important getting even or winning a trophy?

3. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    Like I said it's a fine line. Last season we saw Mou undo basically all the good work he did in 2012 by "Mou being Mou" in that same vein a few more episodes like last night, in a big game no less, and Pepe can undo all the "best season of his career" trajectory as well. As has been mentioned we're coming into the business end of the season and we need hhim at his best.

4. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Easier said than done. We aren't out there with shitbirds like Godin, Costa and that POS Raul Garcia. I understand these are professionals and they should rise above it, but ******** man, they are human and shits surely gets old. I can't begrudge them a hot flash here and there.

temesgen repped this.
  5. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fair enough, can't argue with this. I'm more irritated in the sudden "sell him" " he is and utter disgrace" bullshit. He deserved criticism for his antics, but people have short memories.

6. MadridFan22304

MadridFan22304 Member+

Apr 26, 2012
    DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some of this is on the ref not controlling things. Atletico was essentially wiping out our players every time we would pass the ball, and as long as it was after the pass, the ref was letting it go. That's when the embellishment becomes an issue, because you have to embellish to get a call. Diego Costa could have been sent off for that tackle on Diego Lopez when he wiped him out well after he kicked the ball, and the ref didn't even call it. There is a direct correlation to the level of absurdity in diving, and the amount of legitimate fouls a ref let's go.

Akramzizou repped this.
  7. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    Two players were doing the majority of diving last night for their respective teams, Costa and Pepe. Two players with a history of theatrics no matter how the game is being called. Bottom line, it was ridiculous.

8. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Raul Garcia was mopping the floor with his shirt whenever he could.

9. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    That's the problem with comments in general though, people tend to be a bit bipolar... Its either the best ever or complete crap, very little room for nuance and context. could be due to the internet age and info overload i.e. tldr or shorter attention spans... Who knows?

That is one thing I actually like about our forum though, while we do have over the top comments we also have some very good analysis (too many to shout out), context @Alma Merengue and thoughtful discussion as well as some good humor @Chinky24 @anticule . Probably why we get so many other teams fans coming over @Cris 09 , this is a good place to come and joke or discourse on a deeper level about the team or the game in general.

10. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    Well I'm criticizing his antics. And the only posters saying to sell him or labeling him a disgrace are Demo and Hendrix so if you're letting them irritate you I don't know what to say, you should be familiar with these jokers by now :D

MadridFan22304 and natenate101 repped this.
  11. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Not sell him, but the club should order him to stop diving, plain and simple. If he doesn't, a fine should be imposed. I don't see whats wrong with such a statement. I praised Pepe numerous times in this thread and I defended him when Madrid fans were bashing him, but its an undisputable fact that behavior like that is disgraceful. Not getting legitimate calls from the ref, or the fact that we played a bunch of dirtbags doesn't justify it in the slightest. Trying to con the ref is pathetic and therefore should only be left to Barca and Diego Costa.

12. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Everyone on this team dives at some point, wanna fine them all? Or only when it doesnt benefit us or embarrasses us?

13. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yes, I want it to be a principle at this club that diving is a punishable offense. There is a difference between Ronaldo's foul exaggerations and this type of blatant theatrics however. I know whats going on in Ronaldo's mind when he draws a foul from a contact where he could theoretically stay on his feet, but I have no clue whats going on in Pepe's mind when he pulls off a stunt like this one. Even if he got Godin sent off, I would still be embarrassed. I don't see whats your point.

14. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    You don't know what is going on in either player's mind, let's be real. Instituting a rule like you're suggesting which is ultimately based on a judgement call is ridiculous and opening an unnecessary can of worms.

natenate101 repped this.
  15. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's all cheating, so this self righteous bullshit you are spewing ain't working for me. That's my point. Ronaldo faking being tripped to win a PK, or Xabi faking contact to get out of a tight situation is all cheating and manipulating the ref.

16. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Then I'd rather punish all such acts internally, than do nothing about it and see incidents like this one slide because they cannot be categorized. You can call it self righteous bullshit but I dont care, its my opinion. We all know there is a huge difference between the average contact exaggeration and the Busquetisms such as this one. Thats why slow motion replays exist, so that stuff like this that the ref can't see in the flurry of a game can be reviewed post game and sanctioned if needed.

Bottomline is diving has been polluting the game for too long without anything being done about it.

17. demo_g

demo_g Member+

Jan 13, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah, let's defend this person:

[​IMG]

He is mentally unstable and will probably end up in prison sooner or later.

18. ElButre

ElButre Member+

Feb 20, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It baffles me, how someone always brings this up against Pepe. So let me get this straight:
    Pepe dives -> Fans dont likey -> Point finger to Getafe match
    Pepe fight -> Fans dont likey -> Point finger to Getafe match
    Pepe score -> Rivals dont likey -> Point finer to Getafe match
    Pepe hattrick & Ballon d'or -> Rivals dont like -> Point finger to getafe match

No matter what pepe does, he always gets reminded of a match that happend 5 years ago. 5 YEARS. He's over it, he's apologized, i dont even think the player that got the rampage is as mad as some butthurt people.
    Gtfo here with that primitive mentality.

19. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He can go and play for Rosell's team there then! Hopefully we get some kind of compensation for the transfer, maybe del Nido will get in on the chance to sign a top central defender for his 5 v 5 team and we can negotiate with the presi that offers the most?

20. demo_g

demo_g Member+

Jan 13, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Poor Pepe

[​IMG]

21. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Hold on, weren't you just criticising Pepe for diving? Now you're complaining that he executed a swift and just sentence on casquero for diving?

If anything, that casquero incident taught Pepe that it's better to dive than to lose your shit and attempt to murder an opponent. He's learnt his lesson judging by the derby.

natenate101 repped this.
  22. azriel

azriel Member+

Sep 7, 2005
    San Diego, USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Let it go son

Chinky24 repped this.
  23. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    We're still on that? Hah.

24. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Demo is a clown, we are still on THAT.

sleepyvato50 repped this.
  25. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Don't be insensitive; his footballing knowledge is greater than all of ours combined.