A Great Game: Crew/Fire [R]; Wynalda Comments

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by MiamiAce, May 24, 2004.

1. MiamiAce

MiamiAce New Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Miami, USA
    What a great game between the Columbus Crew and the Chicago Fire. I thought the Crew played really well, they had some great setup plays in front of the box that they were able to convert on. It was an exciting game which was a good thing considering it was the Game of the Week televised on ESPN2. Unfortunately, Eric Wynalda sat on a pencil straight up while commenting on the game. All he made were silly comments that the Crew were as lucky as a Junior Varsity high school team beating a professional team. What a putz. The only comment he made that I agree with came during his half-time thoughts. He said he is not particularly in favor of Chivas expanding into a city with an established team and which would promote their brand and not the brand of MLS, despite the likelihood they'd attract some new fans from the local area.

2. Davids26

Davids26 Member

May 31, 2000
    Re: A Great Game: Crew defeat Fire 3-1; Wynalda Comments

[r]????

3. MiamiAce

MiamiAce New Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Miami, USA
    This is kinda ridiculous, it's well after a day that the game was played, and played on a Sunday for everyone to easily watch... and we can't include the score on a title thread?! What, do we have to consider those who went on vacation in the middle of May for a week and recorded an MLS regular season game but plan on chatting on bigsoccer.com?? This is such a silly rule. It most likely hurts these boards a lot more rather than any indivdual.

4. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did you watch the same game as I did, because despite the Fire being my team and taking the loss, I thought it was a mediocre game at best. The Crew played better ball than they usually do, but nothing that great; and the Fire played one of the poorer games of the season, to say nothing of the last few years.

5. DCUnited*Fan

DCUnited*Fan New Member

Jun 12, 2000
    Near Washington DC -

You're a pretty recent join, and although you have written much in that time, you should not consider yourself to be wiser than all the members who have been on these boards for years!

You never know what a person's situation is.

Just stick to the rules/etiquette and you'll get along just great with the fine members of these boards.

6. Fino

Fino New Member

Jan 19, 2004
    I don't believe Eric's comments belittling Columbus's efforts is helping MLS???
    Good point.

7. Es Brennt

Es Brennt Member+

Feb 25, 2003
    Shermer, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Get real. MLS is gonna have to have favorites and losers to be able to develope some drama and story to the sport....Wynaldas comments are usually pretty damn good. One of the best things going in the whole of MLS.

People on these boards have always got to find SOMETHING to complain about.