A Dortmund Thread For Those Who Can't Get Enough

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by AllReD, May 15, 2012.

1. Torjäger

Torjäger Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I guess us US fans won't get to see the A team play, EVER (damn WC Bid going to Qatar) Glad I got to visit Munich over the years to see the club play.
    From ESPN - His announcement was greeted by Borussia Dortmund coach Jurgen Klopp, whose side is still in the hunt for a place in both finals.
    "It's the right and also an important decision," he said. "We are all quick to make demands of the lads, but they also need the time to recover, which is why I am very grateful to the Germany coach that he wants to give the players this time."
    Wishful thinking they will be in the finals? Protecting his players? Low already making the excuse why they will lose? I could go either way on this quote I guess. The players should truly be rested if they earned it. I would hate to see someone go down to injury be it Lahm, Muller, Kroos, Reus, Gotze, Gundogan, or anyone on either side. I just don't like how the DFB and USMNT planned this out. Fans in the USA want to see the best and when they don't, they ridicule the sport. The excuses are built right in for it not being able to sell out on the USA side or if the UWSMNT wins, Germany didn't bring the talent. Either way, Nike will sell their crap at outrages prices and continue to do disservice to the USMNT.

2. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm going for the booze...

Torjäger repped this.
  3. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    To klopps pic about sahin; Like a boss ;)

To the Germany in the USA schedule; If Bayern and Dortmund don't go far they need to show up for these.
    If not then this tour would be an insult to the fans abroad...

Don't make a tour planned and then just half ass it, you aren't going to some random 3rd world country or something..

Your going to the usa in the summer to showcase our sport and the German NT...

4. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Gotta love the rumor mills ;)

Apparently on the arsenal boards.. Wenger went to Germany to have talks with Dortmund about buying out gotze for 30 mil buy out clause...

Haha!

You think gotze would ever go to arsenal? Especially this one?
    From a top German club in CL football to........arsenal.....

Oh my sides hurt :0

MatthausSammer repped this.
  5. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Why in the world would any fundamentally honest Arsenal fan think they even have a remote chance of Götze going there? That's pathetic. To think that "ZOMG EPL IZ DA BEST", so good that Götze would want to go from top club in Germany to a pedantic midtable team in the EPL. I doubt Götze would be stupid enough to not be aware that a move to Arsenal would cause his career to regress in a very significant way. If Götze were brought up in Asenal, he would've been sold last year, probably.

6. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I've got Weihenstephaner on draft at my place. :p

7. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    :thumbsup:

8. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You people and your Weihenstephaner. I met a lot of people abroad who praise this beer so much and I always wondered about the reason because in Germany it's just one amongst many others.

But perhaps it is marketing from the Müller Milch owner who took over Weihenstephan though I don't know if he took over the brewery, too..

Well, it's a good beer so cheers!

9. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Its certainly nothing special compared to some of the really good beer in Bayern, but the only things available to me on draught are Weihenstephaner, Franziskaner, and Erdinger. I like the Franziskaner as well, but Weihenstephaner is the best of the available Wiess beer.

10. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Imo Hefeweizen isn't the best beer for watching footy :p Grab a good Pils instead!

11. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    For some reason I have to be in the mood so to speak to enjoy a Pils. Hefeweizen is my go-to everyday beer, although last night I decided to branch out a bit and enjoy some Ayinger Celebrator.

12. SoccerMIGermany

SoccerMIGermany Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    OC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Mmmmm...Doppelbock. Or, if you can find it, Dunkelweizen. I generally prefer the darker beers.

And, yes, Bazi, what gets the :thumbsup: in the US is entirely dependent on distribution.

13. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I can no longer drink beer everyday...I have become a hard alcohol type. A little scotch neat, or a vodka dry martini - dirty, a gin-tonic or a little Captain Morgans private stock on ice. Or red wine....usually Yellow Tail. I am not picky when it comes to wine, obviously. :cool:

14. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Concerning beverages beer was my first love, wine was my second love and single malt scotch is my third love. Nowadays I don't drink much beer at home. Perhaps 2-3 bottles of Distelhäuser each month.

As you guys probably know my favorite poison is neat single malt scotch but at most 2 drams (2-3cl each) a day.

15. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^Guys, Please move this over to the OT thread...

LMAO Epic

bayern15 repped this.
  16. shealygg

shealygg Member

Jul 5, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Don't get your hopes up bro. Not only are there likely CL conflicts (and the obligatory holiday immediately following), but the Pokal final is during the same time frame. So, however you look at it, you will (in all likelihood) be missing many stars on this trip...

17. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Absolute shame then..

18. shealygg

shealygg Member

Jul 5, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Doesn't mean I won't still try to go!

19. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Dhajj repped this.
  20. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    But it is true, fundamentally. Schmelzer is a good example; with BVB he looks good because his midfielders and forwards can pick up the slack and he can add something to the attack. With Germany, you're exposed much more. The reason why Hummels made that mistake against Cassano was there was no one there to make sure Germany's okay if Cassano beats him, so he tried to make a quick steal rather than stand off and allow Cassano to cross or cut in. Boateng was tracking someone else, Badstuber generally isn't great in the air, Lahm was preoccupied as well, and there was no help from midfield. That would never happen with Dortmund's compact and controlled defensive play, nor with Bayern's either. My question is, since Loew has all the same tools that Dortmund and Bayern has, plus or minus a few players, why can't he get Germany's goal concession below a goal a game, when Bayern has the meanest defence around and Dortmund are hardly slouches on defence either.

21. squad

squad Member

Jan 15, 2013

The answer lies with Ribéry, Shinji, Robben and Lewandowski.

22. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That must be it! Eureka! Of course it could never be something dumb or stupid like Loew neglects defence. :p

23. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The national team doesn't press well defensively, and the positioning of our attack and midfield players when we don't have the ball is not ideal for defense. I think Loew is still more concerned with starting a break, than playing defense effectively. He is too impatient to get the ball forward immediately, and all of the midfield and attacking players are positioned accordingly.

24. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    :ROFLMAO: That was a funny joke my friend. Robben a part of Bayern's defensive stability?