A Dortmund Thread For Those Who Can't Get Enough

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by AllReD, May 15, 2012.

1. shealygg

shealygg Member

Jul 5, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    As you mentioned yourself.....'One step at a time'.....Get out of your group first, then worry about being the best German team in Europe. Just felt that needed saying....;):cool:

Boandlkramer repped this.
  2. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Sorry, I meant to say "as long as we get to play Bayern every week"

:rolleyes:

Wait, are you reading me properly? I said we'd be better than Bayern, not that we'd get to the semis, quarters, or the final. I just said better than Bayern. And yes, that probably means that we'll be getting out of our group, but that's not exactly that implausible given where the team is at right now is it.

3. Kleyn

Kleyn Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That probably means you will need to get to the semis (at least).

4. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    OH MY GOD! No way! cool story bro..

dumb fu ck

5. shealygg

shealygg Member

Jul 5, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm reading you quite clearly. I just believe that you should accomplish getting to the knockout rounds before you start boasting of who you're going to be better than...especially Bayern. What is your basis for thinking that you'll do better than Bayern next year? Back to back BL titles? That didn't work so well for BvB in last year's CL campaign either. You need to have some track record of success in the CL (recent) before boasting such things. Right now? You guys own us....no doubt. But I don't see your reasoning as to WHY BvB will do better than FCB next year in CL.

Unless of course, you're referring to the fact that Defending Champions don't fair as well the succeeding year.....;)

Equilibrium and Boandlkramer repped this.
  6. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It's the confidence - of winning back to back titles and doing the double. Of playing the most dominant domestic season in German history, and owning Bayern - a club that has reached two of the past three CL finals. We learnt our lessons in the CL the first time, and I think we'll transfer the play in the BL to the CL much better next season. The confidence will ease the nerves. Other teams will be more cautious against us. I think we will do better than Bayern; which I don't think will need us to reach the semis.

A track record in the CL is not a pre-requisite for success in the CL. I've said that a track record makes it more likely that a team will do well, but it's not a pre-requisite. There are other factors that play a part.

The part I highlighted is to do with that. We did not have back to back BL titles or a "double". We had beaten Bayern twice; we had not "owned" them over five matches in a season in which they reached their second CL final in the past three years. We had much less confidence on the domestic front. We had no CL experience to have learnt from - we are fast learners but we need something to go off. And other teams in Europe were less cautious of us than they would be next season. All of that is why I think we'll do better than Bayern; and I don't think we'll have to get to the semifinal to do so.

7. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    yeah, coz the final next year's going to be barca/real

:rolleyes:

dumb fu ck

8. Kleyn

Kleyn Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So you think Bayern as a seeded team won't get out of the group or will lose in the round of 16. "Ok".

Boandlkramer repped this.
  9. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I said "better". It would probably mean "as far as" but it doesn't necessarily mean "further". So the better question is how many times has bayern gone past the quarters in the past how-ever-many years?

10. Kleyn

Kleyn Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    How can BvB be "better" without going "further"?

11. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    goal differences :D

I cant believe you guys are even taking him seriously ...

12. Philipp Lahm

Philipp Lahm Member+

Feb 24, 2010
    Russian Federation
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Scheiss BVB!:poop:

SLC25 and Boandlkramer repped this.
  13. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    Squidward loves to talk absolute nonsense, doesnt he ? Especially in the last 2-3 weeks. I think before that he had calmed down for a few months.

Psychosis hsv and Raumdeuter repped this.
  14. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    They can in squids world e.g This year

15. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    fyp

16. Philipp Lahm

Philipp Lahm Member+

Feb 24, 2010
    Russian Federation
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It's his period.

Lahmfan repped this.
  17. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Just trying to understand the word "better".

Do you mean Dortmund will play a better style of football then bayern?
    Or you mean Dortmund will go further then bayern?

There can only be those assumptions when you say better..

18. humin12

humin12 Member+

Sep 20, 2008
    Ferguson, Missouri
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Guys, stop being such arrogant Bayern fans and embrace the fact BVB will inevitably win the treble 3 years in a row. F*cking stuck up, entitled BMtards. We all know Bayern is literally Hitler.

Equilibrium and Boandlkramer repped this.
  19. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Dortmund>=Barca

Don't you all know? :rolleyes:

humin12 repped this.
  20. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So Bayern won't either be making it our of the group stage or past the round of 16? :D It's nice to know that we are going to regress even though none of our important players are leaving (unlike Dortmund) while we are set to spend 20-50m euros this summer to improve our team.

On one hand, I really want Dortmund to do well for the good image of the league and on the other hand, we have more stupid quotes from Squid to laugh at in a couple months. Decisions decisions decisions. :(

21. albert_mk87

albert_mk87 Member+

Aug 27, 2008
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    atleast squids's shit is in one thread now but for how long

22. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Actually I wish for all German teams to do well in the CL and in Europe and squid trolling wont be enough to stop that wish.

When other teams do well the BL would be more respected outside, I get it regularly from other fans that the BL is a one league team where only one team can do well in Europe. I wish that wuld change and maybe we can have a all German CL finals in the coming years maybe starting from next year

23. SLC25

SLC25 Member

Jun 19, 2004
    Jordan
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You are dead wrong here, Dortmund will be 4th ranked in their group that means you might end up in a group of Barcelona and Man City for example.

24. SoccerMIGermany

SoccerMIGermany Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    OC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I'm giving Squid's optimism a pass for now. If BVB continues its success he will soon learn that expectations are a harsh mistress. Let him have his honeymoon. ;)

25. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    After German Cup match, I'm quite worried about the CL Final. Either BvB is so much better than Bayern OR Bayern AND BvB are that much better than Chelsea.