A Dassler By Any Other Name - Kit Thread Mark XV

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Darth Norteño, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Shen-O

Shen-O Member+

United States
    Jul 26, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So glad I got this years away kit, not too impressed by these Puma leaks so far

2. Munchlaxatives

Aug 13, 2008
    Houston
    I like Houston, my alma matter, football, and basketball team all wear red so I've worn my Fabregas jerseys to all of those games and fit in.

3. goonsquad

goonsquad Member

Apr 1, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Puma stuff just looks kinda thin and cheap...but who cares, we're rich, biatch.

GunnerDawg repped this.
  4. kanonier

kanonier Member+

Nov 7, 2005
    Bloomington, Ind.
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Just was doing some browsing to see if the USMNT had announced their kit for the WC yet and came across this. Don't know if it's real or not. Super simple, but if it's the real kit I wouldn't mind because I feel like I could wear it as a polo shirt!

[​IMG]

5. IU Gooner

IU Gooner Member+

Feb 8, 2009
    Chicago
    Everything I've seen makes it sound legit. I'm partial to the hoops, think they give the US the best identity of any shirt they've ever had, but this is a very solid shirt. I think the road shirt is going to be red, so I'll be picking that up unless this one ends up actually being better than it.

6. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Looks the same as england, well i suppose u lot are basically english anyway ;)

7. red & wite army

red & wite army I ain't no drama queen!

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Please start a debate about the origin of the American accents. Which is truely English? English accents or American?

thebigman repped this.
  8. Darth Norteño

Darth Norteño With Buddha In My Fists

The Arsenal
    Wales
    Dec 9, 2003
    laceyforest.arl.va
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    I don't know; you tell me.
    [​IMG]

That's a decent US shirt; not partial to white, but if they make something similar in red, I'll take it. I still regret not getting the hooped shirt from two cycles ago.

kanonier repped this.
  9. kanonier

kanonier Member+

Nov 7, 2005
    Bloomington, Ind.
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    The white may be a strategic decision with several hot games to play mid-day in Brazil. I think one of them is up in the jungle, too.

Also, Costner rep.

10. Quentin

Quentin Member

Jul 12, 2008
    Hurricane, WV, USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've worn the hooped USA shirt on Aug 10th the past two years. It is what I was wearing when my wife went into labor and my baby girl was born. Makes it a little more special. :)

11. n4100

n4100 Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Philadelphia
    Shirt reminds me of the 2002 kit. If they are doing a tribute to that squad, I hope they make a similar one in blue. I was overseas that year and couldn't find the away kit, so I'd like a blue one.

12. Gunner17

Gunner17 Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Canada West Coast
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Heard something today from a local soccer shop that Puma will be offering a skin-tight high end authentic jersey that will retail for over $300. This is not just for Arsenal, but for all their halo teams. Chalk that up as just gossip for now until confirmed but my goodness - that's a lot of money to show off my boilermaker.

13. goonsquad

goonsquad Member

Apr 1, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So I received my yellow Nike away kit yesterday from the Arsenal USA store. I paid for the "authentic" numbers, and the number is vinyl. It's been a minute since I've bought the kit, but I was expecting the felt numbers that they used to apply. Do they not do this anymore or is it because I bought it through the Arsenal USA store?

14. Tonerl

Tonerl Member+

Arsenal
    May 10, 2006
    Cincinnati, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They no longer use those flocked characters. I think this was the first year for the new kind that you received. There are some links to stories about it the last kit thread.

15. goonsquad

goonsquad Member

Apr 1, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ah ok, thanks. That's too bad, I liked the flocked numbers, they felt more authentic. On the plus side though, these shouldn't pick up dirt like those could.

16. WoodDraw

WoodDraw Member+

May 29, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The leak was $175 for authentic, $90 for replica. Although that's probably without any name or the such. It's outrageous what they charge for this shit now.

Fifty repped this.
  17. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Its because idiots pay that much. New football bots are £150now or more. Everything is extortionate for sports items. In ten years a football teplica top, which are not good quality has increased by £10. People need to boycott

Gunner17 repped this.
  18. Gunner17

Gunner17 Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Canada West Coast
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Since the expensive kit looks to be skin tight, said idiots should be pretty easy to pick out of a crowd for ridicule.

19. kanonier

kanonier Member+

Nov 7, 2005
    Bloomington, Ind.
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I'm totally getting a Rosicky jersey next year.

Also, this?
    [​IMG]

20. IU Gooner

IU Gooner Member+

Feb 8, 2009
    Chicago
    I'm skeptical about that leak being real, but if it is, I'm going with the home white.

DeltaSig repped this.
  21. kanonier

kanonier Member+

Nov 7, 2005
    Bloomington, Ind.
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    We'll know about the US kit on March 3rd.

22. IU Gooner

IU Gooner Member+

Feb 8, 2009
    Chicago
    I think the home will be made official but the away could still be held off until April.

23. Sleepy Spaceman

Sleepy Spaceman Member+

Nov 6, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Not a jersey(and not my pic either) but I bought this mug a few months ago. :)

[​IMG]

24. Silva 5

Silva 5 Member+

Mar 10, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i like it

Sleepy Spaceman repped this.
  25. Darth Norteño

Darth Norteño With Buddha In My Fists

The Arsenal
    Wales
    Dec 9, 2003
    laceyforest.arl.va
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    I think there's supposed to be a new numbering scheme for the US shirts as well. That's a shame; I still need to get my old 2010 shirts numbered with "Virginia 10", and I wanted to be as accurate as possible.