9th Fixture: November 3, 2012- Swansea City FC v. Chelsea FC - [R]

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by fernb8, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Andy, "bitch" is fine! :D We call her "The Stinker" because she is such a stinker. Gets into the laundry basket or our shoes and has her way with them.

She is actually a Golden Retriever. And I would say her best position is "winger'. She runs and runs.

Naughtius Maximus repped this.
  2. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What did you name her after all?

3. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Her name is Willa, a variation of Whilamena, which is an old family name.

4. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That's a German name.... In Germany it is also "Mina" for short.

5. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    You are correct.

My son's name is Marek. Look familiar?

6. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    oh and sorry for the thread bend....:oops:

7. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Let me guess...your wife is German. Lol...

Ferns is asleep by now...by tomorrow, there will be new posts to distract him. :p

8. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Cris standing on the bank, prepping his line, and hasnt even got the bait on the hook yet...

:p

9. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nope, I am, although very distantly, and I mean very. Without getting too personal, I'll tell you my last name is Ehresmann (shouldn't be too hard for you to figure out). I just like me German heritage also, I love the names. Ironically, the missus is Swedish. And I wasn't having any Lars or Anders and especially a Sven (only one I know is a wanker).

That's good, as I imagine these will have disappeared to the black hole that is the non football thread. :D

10. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    we havent had a threadjack in a while and considering how dour this game was it could at least bring some joy to a few of us

that being said- I hope our regulars who are currently in the Northeast are doing well and hopefully getting back online soon enough after the terrible events of Sandy

11. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Thanks for bringing that up. I forgot about the likes of nice and a few others that are in NYC. Spot on fern.:thumbsup:

12. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    BUSTED!!! :eek:

Lol...very cool. German names can sometimes be very, very tough. My sis and I were lucky that my parents purposely gave us names that can be easily pronounce in German, English and Spanish, since my mom is Ecuadorian.
    +1

13. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    not trying to divuldge too much about our other members but offhand Clan is in PA and Eddie is in Pitt. I believe Claudio is in the upper NY area, along with Cris, and Riz is in the DC area. We have quite a strong contingent in that area and I hope they and their families are all doing well and hopefully getting power back and their lives somewhat back to normal as soon as possible

Blueallthru and Cris 09 repped this.
  14. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Well you just hope that all is well. A power loss for me is Armageddon. I wouldn't know what to do.

15. RamboTambo

RamboTambo Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I'm thinking Athletico Madrid and yes, Falcao.

Torres trade for Falcao plus £15 mln. But Torres will need to take a pay cut - which may be plausible as he gets to rejoin his boyhood club....either that, or like John Terry, he agrees to be paid in tapas.

16. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    So, instead of Moses then. Seems fair :)

Many years ago I was listening to a radio programme at about the time of the year when Crufts, the British dog show, was on and various American people were being interviewed. One woman said she was shocked to hear some of the language because, as she put it, 'I've never heard the word 'bitch' applied to dogs before'.... Er, OK! :confused:

:D

17. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Absolutely!

Just watching the news and it's turning cold over there and some people haven't got accommodation sorted I believe. Hope our lot are OK.

18. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Thank you guys for the Sandy comments. We didn't have power for 4 days, otherwise everything was fine. Hopefully the subways are running again today.

Kerry Dixon's Boots repped this.
  19. Dear_Claudio

Dear_Claudio Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    Buffalo, New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Didn't get up this far.

Where is nice living these days? I know he is in NYC a lot of the time, but last I read he had moved to London.

20. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    I would hope it would be that easy but I just dont see it being so

21. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Doesn't it depend on which one you take? I thought some of them are older/deeper and will have suffered more from the salt water?

22. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC

Well, I travel from Manhattan to Brooklyn for my current client and the trains that go there were out last week. They have started up this week but are really crowded as all the trains are still not up. So I am just working out of the Manhattan office. There are also some stations where the trains don't stop as the water needs to be pumped out.

Some of my friends travel from Jersey city to New York and most of the trains were out. There was a 2 hour long wait for the ferry to take them across. I think starting next week everything will be fine.