8/3 USA vs NZ (Oly Quarters)

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by kool-aide, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Pato Gato

Pato Gato Red Card

Aug 2, 2012
    may the best team....today....win :)

2. wokeupfuzzy

wokeupfuzzy Member

Apr 24, 2010
    yes, this is actually the game I'm least excited for today, but I can't imagine missing it (especially if we have a huge FAIL moment)

3. skybolt

skybolt Member

Dec 16, 2011
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Talking to yourself again. :sneaky:

4. Pato Gato

Pato Gato Red Card

Aug 2, 2012
    huh?

5. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    A tight friendly game doesn't equal an olympic elimination match. they'll will run riley into the ground to defend morgan's runs early, but the usa fitness and depth will turn this into a blow out unless their mid-field is missing in action, which could happen, knowing this team.

6. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    i don't think i'm that popular on a message board :rolleyes: , so responding to me is like responding to no one. i'm assuming that's the catch-22 to the reply but i could be wrong.

7. skybolt

skybolt Member

Dec 16, 2011
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    All I can say is that I hope mods can catch any shill accounts being created for the sake of this game to bash the US team, while the real culprits pretend to be busy!

8. Pato Gato

Pato Gato Red Card

Aug 2, 2012
    wait, he thinks we are the same ppl?

9. Pato Gato

Pato Gato Red Card

Aug 2, 2012
    okkkkk

10. wokeupfuzzy

wokeupfuzzy Member

Apr 24, 2010
    Commentary here was enjoyable for the N. Korea match. I hope today will be the same.

11. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    You do realize everyone on this board isn't American, so we have the right to cheer for their opponent. With the perks from the USSF and their sponsors, they will survive.

Sorry, I'm not that interested in setting up a gimmick account. You're thinking too hard on this one.

12. Pato Gato

Pato Gato Red Card

Aug 2, 2012
    its like USA women have world class training while the other teams with the exception of a few are playing high school/college players

13. skybolt

skybolt Member

Dec 16, 2011
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    How do you know Pato (name of a Brazilian striker) Gato will cheer against the US team? Are you psychic?

14. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    "No concerns"... famous last words?

15. dianamo-superstriker

Sep 30, 2007
    California
    Is there any stage of the tournament that we can no longer bring Lindsey? I love Boxxy, but unless she is close to being 100% is like we are carrying dead weight when what we need is fresh legs for the next 2 matches. :oops:

16. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'm talking about myself, Einstein, and whoever else cheers for USA opponents. You are the one caught up in that user, who seems a bit like Jr too me. o_O

17. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In my view it is not that fans of other teams post here that are a problem. I'm fine with that. It is posters that have no interest in facts or real conversation that's a problem.

jackiesdad repped this.
  18. Pato Gato

Pato Gato Red Card

Aug 2, 2012
    Not Sure if serious.

19. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I'm a bit concerned about carrying an injured player w/o bringing in a replacement player. Of course, initially I was under the impression that (based on WWC rules, I guess) that once the games started there was no switching up the roster for injuries. Obviously that's not the rule for the Olys. But like you, I don't know if there's a drop dead date for roster switches.

Another thing I don't know that maybe someone else does: When does card accumulation get wiped clean for the Olys? Is it after the semi-final? Or never?

(I'm watching the men's hammer throw qualification throws. Kinda fun)

20. skybolt

skybolt Member

Dec 16, 2011
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    I thought you were off to the gym?!

21. Pato Gato

Pato Gato Red Card

Aug 2, 2012
    Why do they keep bringing up this Hope Solo shutout streak? GB goalkeeper hasnt allowed a goal all tournament.

22. sisterluke

sisterluke Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Los Angeles,CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    here we go guys, lets hope it's not super dramatic like last year that gave me two heart attacks

23. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because Arlo White is a Seattle homer?

no, I don't know why. It is stupid--especially since the US gave up 2 goals to France.

24. wokeupfuzzy

wokeupfuzzy Member

Apr 24, 2010
    yes. Usually I just skip over certain posts without reading now, but sometimes it's so pervasive that I just don't bother with the BigSoccer forums. We'll see...

25. wokeupfuzzy

wokeupfuzzy Member

Apr 24, 2010
    I have managed to find a British broadcast - who is on nbc today?