46 yr old Russian male seeking coach for short term fun - OTT [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by pgr17, Nov 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Milito was amazing and the best #9 in Europe for a few years running. His form is still excellent and would be an asset for any team he plays at.

Also, probably few better penalty takers than him.

Futbol_Head repped this.
  2. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I disagree johno, Milito was the best poacher or goal scorer that season, though dont know what SirManchester is talking about, best for few years running?

That is the only season he scored 30 goals in a whole season, and for his goals at smaller clubs (genoa and Zaragoza) that is as impressive as Bent scoring, it was good but not great.

3. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  4. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Well thats too bad, because thats clearly what I meant.

What YOU meant is irrelevant because you quoted me, I didn't quote you. Also passed over the point anyway.

5. Futbol_Head

Futbol_Head Member+

Manchester United
    Aug 18, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Still can't believe how on point that squad was by the time of the CL Final. Julio Cesar, Maicon, Lucio, Samuel, Zanetti, Cambiasso, Sneijder, and Milito were all one of the best in their positions at the time.

6. Amdrag

Amdrag Member+

Jun 10, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Worst goalkeeping error I have seen in a long time for the second WBA goal.

7. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    The first goal was pretty amazing though. It's like he only scores wonder goals.

8. Republic of Mancunia

Aug 24, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I'd love to see WBA qualify for the Champions League. A long time to go in the season yet, and you'd have to think it's unlikely, or even very unlikely that they'll still be up there when everything is said and done. Still, it'd be really nice for them and make a change to see a less fashionable club qualifying. It would probably say something about the quality of the league too but I won't dwell on that.

-----------------------

Belatedly noticed that El Shaarawy scored again for Milan in midweek. He's becoming my non United flavour of month/player to look out for. 12 club goals and 1 for Italy so far this term. Probably the only thing Milan fans have had to be happy about.

Amdrag, sdotsom and googoo repped this.
  9. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well I didn't quote you. So nyeh. Also, you didn't say he was the best forward in Europe that year (which would still be debatable), you said he was the best forward in Europe which generally is assessed over a number of years. We all know that winning an award doesn't make you the best in the world so listing an award doesn't even defend the point of him being the best forward in Europe that year which again, is not what you said.

Before you say he was best that year and therefore best in Europe I'll ask if you thought that Kevin Phillips was at one point the best forward in Europe as well.

Well I think he's looked good and I also think that he needs more time if you are going to judge him harshly. Also a number of brits on here and at Old Trafford when I went in 06 thought he was meh and complained when he got on the ball. Most of them were older, but it was annoying as hell to me.

EDIT:

Is Mourinho angling for SAF's job? That was a pretty vicious attack on Mancini, even for Jose.

10. JamesA

JamesA Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    i think its already decided myself. mou will come here.

11. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ibra masterclass on display again at the moment.

12. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    I said what I said. Im sure the rest understood what I was getting at. The point which is FSW took over Inter and Milito went from that [award winner] to nothing.

Thats my main concern.

But just because Im bored for now. Johno, just because you misunderstood doesnt mean you have to go through that. Just say you misunderstood. Im sure everyone else knew what I meant.

I could've worded it better, but I felt after some of the replies I didnt need to.

13. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Who?

14. JamesA

JamesA Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Lambert is a good coach. I think Villa are in a bit of a false position right now actually. He should get things turned around fully by the end of the year. Look for them to kick on and finish top half next year I think, assuming they retain all their key players, and make 1 or 2 smart veteran additions next summer.

SyedZada repped this.
  15. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The question is where they can keep all the talented kids they have.

16. JamesA

JamesA Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I think they can actually. The only one I think is really attracting attention is Benteke, but I think they can get another 2-3 years from him. Enough to make a top half run next year.

17. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    Hopefully Aston Villa get relegated.

18. Republic of Mancunia

Aug 24, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Wouldn't be surprised to see them sell Darren Bent in January or next summer. Might free up extra cash to keep some of those kids on improved contracts if there is any interest. I'd bet QPR would be interested for one.

19. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    so laughably predictable that English commentators know how to praise Podolski and Mertesacker. Because they're obviously awful and play like the rubbish they idealize.

thoughts?

20. JamesA

JamesA Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    they match the objective of the club.

21. JamesA

JamesA Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    cant wait to see rafa tomorrow.

22. Amdrag

Amdrag Member+

Jun 10, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yep, that is Arsenal. Some classic shots of Wenger today. Him and his sleeping bag.

23. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Is it me or are we struggling against the same teams and same styles as Arsenal?

24. Amdrag

Amdrag Member+

Jun 10, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Feels like it. Except now we have RVP. :p

25. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC