46 yr old Russian male seeking coach for short term fun - OTT [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by pgr17, Nov 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    I missed that bit to be honest - football coverage in the land where Heskey is king is, well, marginal at best. Make it just Mikel in that instance, then.

Ah but sure they all have a red devil tattooed to one arse cheek, and another of 'property of SAF' on the other, don't they... so what's the difference either way?

2. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Mikel got charged for accosting Clattenburg after the match, not for the accusation.

Some are more afraid of letting it be known than others :p Ashley Young still winning penalties is surely the most blatant sign of a ref conspiracy that can possibly be imagined.

3. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    It is not as if Chelsea don't have a history of making unfounded allegations against refs ;)

4. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    True, but I think he should get slammed for the accusation. It's a tricky subject and some might think it unfair given the subject matter, but people will stop taking it seriously otherwise.

Something that sprang to mind was the spate of rape allegations towards Premiership players, circa 2004-07. First there was Ronaldo & RVP close together, and it was big, serious business. But by the time we were on the 10th, 11th accusation in three years people laughed about it as soon as they saw the headline. Had the first two women (who iirc, were found to have been outright lying, had little-to-no contact with either player ever, and were funnily enough nicely recompensed by the newspapers who broke the stories) been absolutely shamed in a very public arena and faced prosecution, I am very confident the string of false accusations that followed would not have happened, and those that were would have been treated more seriously than they eventually were.

I guarantee Mikel making shit up gets referenced the next time a player makes an accusation of racism, and it really does wind me up.

Funny how he good as never got accused of diving until the day he signed for Man United, isn't it? :D

5. Amdrag

Amdrag Member+

Jun 10, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    lol at the Chelsea fans trying to act like this isn't typical of them.

6. Holy__Joe

Holy__Joe Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 31, 2007
    Manchester
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    It wasn't mikel that made the claim though was it? Ramires said he heard it, which is what made it seem a joke from the start, that the player closest to it didn't hear but some guy who was much further away and doesn't speak english as his native language was the one to hear it.

7. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Ah for feck sake, Des Curran lied to me!!! :mad:

Ah well, won't be hearing from him for a while due to visa issues... got out in the nick of time to miss Stereosonic - couldn't be happier :p!

8. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    What, details are important? Besides, Anton Ferdinand didn't hear the accusation either, did he? It took a fan to call the police.
    I've always maintained it was a ludicrously stupid thing for the club to proceed with, but I doubt Ramires suddenly decided he's going to get Clattenburg fired. He's not the type.

Remind me, what happened to Ian Wright after accusing Schmeichel of racism? Besides, Mikel didn't accuse anyone of anything and the FA stated Ramires was believable, but the whole thing was a mix-up.

That's because no one gave him penalties until he did :D

9. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    A reference to football from 15 years ago... on an issue such as this...

Wow.... Just. Wow.

You have outdone yourself! :D

Yeah, the Mikel bit I got wrong due to lack of coverage in Aus. SSN today though were reporting that the FA said there was absolutely no evidence, which is why it was thrown out. I never heard it was a mix up or believable?

I think you'll find Villa got a decent number of penalties under O'Neill, actually. ;)

10. Holy__Joe

Holy__Joe Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 31, 2007
    Manchester
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

To be honest as an independent event it's not that odd, but the whole circumstance, the fact that Originally it was claimed that something Racist was also said about Mata, but then they swept that under the rug and never mentioned it again ect. The fact that evidence came about that contradicted what Ramires said ect. It just seems just they kept going with it because it was too late to pull out.

11. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    The FA's conclusion was that Ramires was a credible witness but that it was a mix-up. At least as far as I know - the FA's decision making process is not exactly easy to figure out.

12. Bronaldo

Bronaldo Red Card

Apr 8, 2007
    Canada
    I feel like Billy always shows up when something FA related happens.

13. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    again... how long was he given to do anything at Inter? no point bringing up pool. everyone knows it ended in disaster even if it started well.

i know you did. i just included it in my reply anyway. the Inter squad has never hit any heights since and neither has liverpool's either. i still think he is a good manager. again not great but good. his poor transfer record shouldn't make him a bad manager

14. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    No no, you've got it wrong... when I show up, something FA related happens. ;)

Then, then... SSN lied to me in a sensationalised fashion! I feel so cheap, so dirty, so... so... used.

*Runs off sobbing*

15. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Hughes gone just before our match, perfect. :mad:

16. urbnzy

urbnzy Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    Slovenia
    I swear I wanted to write something 2-days ago about being surprised that a struggling team hasn't fired their manager just before the United match. But I guess I should've seen that coming. But I really don't understand decisions like this (sacking before Utd match), because they realistically have little chance of getting points and why would they wan't a new manager to start with a possible spanking? They could've just waited for a humiliation on the weekend and then fire him with a very good reason.

17. Amdrag

Amdrag Member+

Jun 10, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    This is Chelsea's fault. Once they did it, it was easy to fire Hughes. We play them tomorrow, it should be no trouble.

18. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    New manager wont be in place in time, that is the point of it for me as usually (when SAF isnt high) it is a loss loss for them or any weaker team.

Amdrag repped this.
  19. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Has Clattenburg reported for duty yet? Or we want him for City.

20. Cevno

Cevno Member+

Aug 27, 2005
    Shifting.
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    http://adf.ly/FC0ZU

Has 'arry been appointed as replacement ? Probably sacked Hughes at this time so, 'arry doesn't take the Ukraine job.

21. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    His poor man management should though. He took the best striker in Europe at the time [Milito] and totally destroyed him.

22. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    At no point was Milito the best in the world at anything other than being named Milito.

Invincible and LA. MAN UNITED repped this.
  23. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It was a matter of time for Sparky.

24. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    Pulis would be proud of that argument :D

25. benni...