46 yr old Russian male seeking coach for short term fun - OTT [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by pgr17, Nov 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amdrag

Amdrag Member+

Jun 10, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    That is why we have Rooney and Kagawa. :thumbsup:

2. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I would give Rooney to you but Kagawa has been as effective as Ashley Young.

3. Amdrag

Amdrag Member+

Jun 10, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I will take that as a complement to Rooney and thus accept your answer fully and completely.

I do wonder where Kagawa plays when he returns. You'd probably prefer him on the wing to Young. :D

4. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I prefer even Powell on the LW after he went through two defenders and ran 5 yards with the ball, way more than Young has done all season.
    It is like playing with 10 men for 60 mins and then SAF saying okay I think that is enough level playing, now we press an advantage with equal no of guys on pitch.

I know Rooney is a match winner, quality player, inconsistent frustrating but quality player, though if I had the chance of replacing Rooney with two extremely good ball carriers/dribblers I would, my stance is known.

5. Amdrag

Amdrag Member+

Jun 10, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I can respect that.

6. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    So Sneijder has been frozen out of Inter's team, they want to slash his wages drastically or sell him, will probably end in Russia with 6 m wages, still a one season wonder and will remain at that I guess.

7. JamesA

JamesA Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I think a lot of teams we have struggled against in the league have been underestimated by many fans (and fergie to some extend) if I'm honest. They have all been teams with either very good managers, or very good managers combined with a team adjusting to a new style. Plus we've hit each of them just as they are in a good run of form.

The only one I'm really pissed about is the QPR performance today.

8. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Lets see from memory, they lost away to Norwich and we lost away, both did not create anything but Norwich on a resurgence but still. Struggled Villa away, they did too, the same Villa side was spanked 5-0 by City (at home), QPR they were lucky to win and we scraped. We outplayed Stoke but that was when RVP was still in form, they drew I think against them. Any other?

9. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    Both teams lack quality across the xi; we have better strikers so we score a few more though.

10. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    And Pato is injured again.

11. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Something like that, specially midfield and wings, Chamberlain getting a hard education.

12. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    Not just midfield and wings is it. You can't even combine both teams and come up with a team that should dominate.

Still, from Wenger's perspective, 4th spot should still be achievable.

13. JamesA

JamesA Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    ^^^

You can't combine any 2 teams in this league not involving City and create something that would dominate.

14. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Chelsea two options(Mata, Hazard) plus RVP and Nani would take alot of pressure off even a sub standard midfield.

15. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    Given City's travails in Europe, even that would be a stretch.

I think this is going to stay the case until Mourinho, or Pep or someone else forces the other teams to step up.

16. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    The midfield and defense would still be sub-standard.

17. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Carrick Mikel, ask them to sit deep and cover, I am not unhappy with our defense Smalling Evans Rafael is good, nothing great but good, a couple of years together and it has potential to be great.

18. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    Disagree.

----------------RVP
    ----Rooney----------------Nani
    ---------Cazorla----Kagawa
    --------------Carrick
    Evra--------------------------Sagna
    ---------Evans-----Smalling
    --------------De Gea

would blitz the prem.

Forget about it if I could use Chelsea players...

19. JamesA

JamesA Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    This.

A Carrick/Mikel sitting pair would be disastrous in top games. They would need much, much more defensive help for the flanks than either combined team could give.

20. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Add De Gea, fine keeper, hate keeper rotation. Shows how many flaws Chelsea have, they went for Zidane Pavones strategy, how the results could be different.

21. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    That is a nothing midfield, Cazorla has done nothing since the novelty factor ran out and teams starting to press, only good game since Tottenham with a man down, lots of space.

Neither of them is a midfielder, it is essential a 514, 513 if you count Evra.

22. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    I'm not saying it would be defensively strong, but if the team closed down aggressively high up the pitch and focused on attacking , I don't think many(or any) teams in the prem would be able to contain that.

23. JamesA

JamesA Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Only because the prem is so weak right now. Some big assumptions with that team. Certain players still have question marks over them for one reason or another.

24. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I think Carrick will get isolated and will be picked on, there will be too much space between him and other midfielders. I think we were talking about a team that could challenge in Europe, I would take my chance with two wingers/playmakers that we SHOULD have bought and decided Ashley Young is a better option (in one instance).

25. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    Ultimately, the problems for the top teams boil down to a couple of things -
    A. Lack of identity. None of them have a formation/tactics/identity that they play consistently and are comfortable with.
    B. Weak midfields. Even a peak Benitez Liverpool midfield of Alonso-Mascherano-Gerrard would absolutely destroy any of the clubs' midfields. None of the teams has a single player who is top percentile in both directions.

More than Falcao, I would rather have Vidal not joining any other team in the league. We couldn't handle Essien very well when he actually had a top percentile team, now it would just be a massacre.

johno repped this.