34th Fixture: April 19th, 2014- Chelsea FC vs Sunderland AFC - [R]

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by fernb8, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Wow, so according to a few in here, they'd rather have Rafa as our gaffer because Rafa wouldn't stick up for the squad or speak of the officials. Good to know.

2. BluePict

BluePict Member

Aug 23, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    #302 BluePict, Apr 20, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
    Ah yes jumpers for goalposts :)
    Or in the case of you and your scouser "chums" it would be hubcaps for goalposts eh? :p

Those stats were actually very very insightful. AND . . .and it seems to me that Jose would have done better to include Lampard more in games like the Sunderland game. Games where we clearly needed a more professional and experienced approach - a more responsible approach. Players who could stay focused on the game in hand. players that could stabilize the team. Whereas in the CL ... its different innit.

3. BluePict

BluePict Member

Aug 23, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Benitez is scouse scum. Nothing good has ever come to us from Liverpool. Nothing.

4. JediSoccer

JediSoccer Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Spokane, Washington
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    What did Mike Dean say to Faria to set him off so? Anyone know?

5. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    I think it was what Faria said to Dean

from my basic lip reading Faria was either say "you are shit" or "you are a cheat" or both

Dean basically told Dowd, the fourth official, the Faria was off

6. JediSoccer

JediSoccer Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Spokane, Washington
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Faria was okay, but when Dowd called Dean over Dean said something and then Faria went ballistic. I suppose it'll all come out sooner or later. Thanks, fern.

7. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    I think Dean told Dowd that Faria was off and that pushed him further over the edge

8. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That could be it but, if I were a cynical sort of cove, I might think that his 'outrage' was more of the manufactured sort to build a spirit of 'us against the world'... one that didn't drop Jose in it AGAIN!

Of course, as you all know, I'm more of a soft, fluffy bunny sort of creature who would never think of such things and I'm holding you lot responsible for making me think of it... you utter bastards! :mad:

:)

9. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    I actually don't mind it since a lot of the support for Moyes would finally disappear when Liverpool are crowned champions; and the likelihood of Moyes and his Everton coaching staff getting sacked would go up from 0% to even 50%.

10. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    there is little doubt that Jose rarely, if ever, loses a game and it usually down the ref costing us the game or being cheated out of the result some way

much like Jose never leaves a job- he moves onto a better one :p

I am quite aware of his manipulation but I also appreciate the fact that even his passing of responsibility that he usually hits on quite a few truths as well

11. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    If we had a finisher, none of this junk matters. We shouldn't be in a position where we're tied 1-1 with Sunderland anyway.

12. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Here's a couple of the incidents from yesterday...

As you can, (and DIFFERENT from 'selective' extract from the one we've all seen), Ramires is reacting to Larson kicking him as he runs in front. He takes a swipe at Ram's legs and it's THAT that Ram is reacting to.

Of course, it's a red card because you can't do that sort of thing, (particularly if you're a Chelsea player :rolleyes:), but then Larson could also have a red or at LEAST a yellow.

On the Johnson one that received NO CARD AT ALL.

However, THIS is what a red card looks like for a similar incident.

So it seems to me, if you want to take someone's head odd with your boot, you have to LOOK at them and do it DELIBERATELY... then it's no problem. If you're looking away from them and they can't be seen, it's a straight red...

Good to know ;) :mad:

13. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I had a problem with one particular decision… when Ram had that relatively open net to head the ball in but got taken out of it, the commentators were lauding whoever the ******** it was (Larsson maybe?) for great defending but all he actually did was completely take Ram out of it forcing him to head wide.

Ninjatend0 and Blueallthru repped this.
  14. Miguel Alvarez

May 12, 2006
    It was Alan Hansen. Couldn't believe what I heard though.

15. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    and it was in front of the same lino who later gave the bullshit penner

Ninjatend0 repped this.
  16. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    This one...

17. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    i haven't posted recently because i literally haven't known what to say. but good lord, if ever a clear goal scoring opportunity was taken away with no attempt to play the ball, that's it.

18. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I still don't understand how that isn't a penner. So a player about to head the ball can be tackled? Unbelievably bullshit no call.

19. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    And I'm confused by the commentators who didn't even mention it. Nudged him off the ball my arse.

20. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    personally I am glad that Naughtius personally titles his videos

from some old codger eh

Naughtius Maximus repped this.
  21. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yerrrrrp, that be the one...The lack of commentary regarding it blows my mind. Oh well, thought we didn't play particularly well but thats a tough loss to swallow (not sure what it is about this season but some of these draws and losses are leaving a truly sour taste in my mouth… might just be because its 'pool that are top of the table).