34th Fixture: April 19th, 2014- Chelsea FC vs Sunderland AFC - [R]

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by fernb8, Apr 16, 2014.

1. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002

I disagree mate

Larsson studs him a couple of times

for me it is intentional and on par with a lot of the "tactics" we saw today

still no reason for Ram to lose his cool that way

I suspect he will have the rest of the year and at least one game next season to think about it

2. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    with Matic being unavailable I suspect Frank and probably Luiz were rested today

3. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    To be clear, I wasn't saying that Larson HADN'T already done it... I was saying maybe Ram thinks he's coming back 'for seconds' and so reacts.

Anyway, yeah... bloody stupid to react like that, that's for sure.

4. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    completely

football has many simple unwritten rules

and one of them is that the reacting player usually gets caught not the instigator

5. Bruckner283

Bruckner283 Member+

Apr 25, 2006
    Lake Of The Coheeries
    If there is a silver lining to todays loss (and title) it will be easier for the club to justify spending a little more this summer and letting go of a few more players that much easier. Finding a partner for Matic (and an understudy) are of equal importance to signing a new striker (s).

6. addicted2chelsea

Nov 11, 2007
    Australia
    Ramires is a moron , he has simply not been with it for an extended period now.

7. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    been saying that striker and LB have been priorities but with the play of Dave- I would be as if not more interested in an effective partner for Matic at this stage

8. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    he has not been very good this season but I think that has more to do with the cerebral and tactical demands from Jose for that position

his recent play under AVB, RDM and FSW and Co. he could run get up and down the pitch with reckless abandon but he seems to have struggled with a more disciplined role under Jose

still do not think he is a DM and would be better used along with several of his teammates in a more box to box role with one holding player behind them

9. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    oh and course

if we only had Mata today...

Wrath, Bruckner283 and addicted2chelsea repped this.
  10. addicted2chelsea

Nov 11, 2007
    Australia
    So when do we congratulate Liverpool?

11. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    probably tomorrow

:(

12. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Is this real life? Can he not have a go at some shoddy officiating? Especially when it's been costly. I hope you have the same go the next time another manager does the same tomorrow and next weekend, and the following weekend.

13. Nuckinya

Nuckinya Member

Jun 17, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    When's Hazard supposed to be back? Our attack looks toothless without him.

14. Bruckner283

Bruckner283 Member+

Apr 25, 2006
    Lake Of The Coheeries
    Very much agreed and something I think may have to change next year is our general approach. I am fine with the formation as it is but I think next we are going to have start with Salah/Shirley at the expense of Oscar/Willian (or Hazard for rotation/rest sake). Its too easy to hem us in and we play too centrally with 3 playmakers on at once. And if we address LB like you suggest it should give a few more options wide/overlap (I hope).

15. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    hopefully by Tuesday :eek:

16. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    MvG is an option, just not sure he is the option and beating my dead horse I would love to see someone like Witsel, Dembele, etc.

As for LB- PVA should provide some competition to whomever comes in whether it be Shaw or any of the other 10 LBs we have been linked to

17. Nuckinya

Nuckinya Member

Jun 17, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I've harped on about him a couple of times before, but I think Rakitic could be a reasonably priced and quality option for that midfield spot next to Matic. He's also versatile enough to slip into a more advanced role if need be. If we're willing to break the bank though, we should definitely look at Kroos if he still wants to leave Bayern at the end of the season.

Ninjatend0 repped this.
  18. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    I like Rakitic as well and think he could be picked up for a reasonable enough fee.

Kross may cut into the funds for other purchases but is a very, very good player.

19. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Why was Cech rested?

20. JediSoccer

JediSoccer Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Spokane, Washington
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Being objective for a moment, but if we recently lose to the likes Villa, Palace and Sunderland while drawing with the likes of West Ham and Stoke, then really, we have no business being BPL champs. It's fun beating all the big clubs, but you HAVE to put these bottom feeders away or it makes no difference.

Hope we put it together vs Atletico in both legs and finish the BPL with three straight wins. Soccer is a funny sport, and it ain't over til it's over. For all anyone knows, Norwich beats Liverpool tomorrow. I don't know, you don't know, they don't know.

21. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    had a virus/sick and was not well enough to play

22. JediSoccer

JediSoccer Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Spokane, Washington
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Illness. Flu or bad cold.

23. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    I have always believed that the League Table does not lie and there is a reason why are not top of it right now

JediSoccer and Naughtius Maximus repped this.
  24. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah way too soon, still think we need a tempo controlling mid with a strong passing game.

25. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just can't forgive a guy who comes back from a suspension so recently(especially for how bad that tackle was) and does this straight away. Provoked or not, he's the only guy that has lost his cool in a reckless fashion....twice now

Wrath and Blueallthru repped this.