33rd Fixture: April 13th, 2014- Swansea City FC vs Chelsea FC - [R]

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by fernb8, Apr 10, 2014.

1. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    I am sure Pleat has some great tips (no pun intended) on how to pick up a prossie or two

but perhaps he should leave the more elementary areas of the game to others.

2. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Cheeky mate:)

3. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    On to the match. It was FUGLY. But it was a match that we did just enough to win. If you really think about all the chances we had, we could have scored 4 if we had anyone with an ounce of composure. Salah off the post, Salah over twice I believe, and Eto'o. Now if we only score a couple of those chances, it's a much uglier match and flattering score line.

This might be way off base, but Matic, outside of Hazard, might be our best offensive weapon. I agree with Arman, he should shoot more, because his vision is actually really really good. He's had a couple of moments in the last two matches were he's been active in the box and it was that vision that lead to two great chances. Plus, if you consider his pass today to find Ba, who did really good work with it, but it was the pass that created all of it.

I was one who was a bit wishy washy on Matic. I realized he was the Portuguese Player of the Season prior, but I just didn't realize he was as good as he really is. @fernb8 was right, he can pick a pass and if we had him for the first half of the season, it might be a different picture. I'm not overly concerned about midfield next season. We'll have the luxury of picking one who we really want, or just waiting for another window.

As @Kerry Dixon's Boots, we really have it all to play for. Pool have it in their hands, but not one side defends like we do in the league. Also, their living a charmed life at the moment. They've played better than I ever thought they would. But this match today was another step in the right direction. Fugly, but a job done.

4. CR7PT

CR7PT Member+

Real Madrid
    Portugal
    Mar 26, 2014
    Portugal
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    He was a fantastic player here in Portugal, just hope he improves by playing with Chelsea in the hands of Mourinho.

In fact, maybe with him we would now be at the top.

5. The Cold Sea

The Cold Sea Señor Mejor

Feb 17, 2005
    The District
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    As soon as I heard Pleat's voice I went to mute.

6. The Cold Sea

The Cold Sea Señor Mejor

Feb 17, 2005
    The District
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    It's Chelsea, it's always nerve wracking. The club has a taste for the dramatic.

7. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
  8. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002