33rd Fixture: April 13th, 2014- Swansea City FC vs Chelsea FC - [R]

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by fernb8, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Jesus... talk about making hard work of it...

2. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It looked like it, didn't it.

But we've done that before and failed to win them so, y'know... we're doing OK I suppose.

3. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    And they were doing it when there was still half an hour left.

In any event I don't think we DID waste a great deal of time, did we?

4. CR7PT

CR7PT Member+

Real Madrid
    Portugal
    Mar 26, 2014
    Portugal
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    We got a week off now?

5. m_vandersee

m_vandersee Member

Aug 2, 2013
    Illinois
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't think so other than that one throw in where the ref had to keep signalling Ivan to throw it in

6. m_vandersee

m_vandersee Member

Aug 2, 2013
    Illinois
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep, hosting Sunderland on Saturday next weekend

7. CR7PT

CR7PT Member+

Real Madrid
    Portugal
    Mar 26, 2014
    Portugal
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Awesome, that will come in handy. We need to rest.

m_vandersee repped this.
  8. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Did I hear the commentator right? He said that, if we win the rest of our games this season we are champions?

Er.... no.... I don't think so. We'll just be ahead of Liverpool. Citeh still have two games in hand and are only 5 point behind. That could be 6 points when I went to school.

Well... actually, it wasn't... it was only 4 but you know what I mean.

9. CR7PT

CR7PT Member+

Real Madrid
    Portugal
    Mar 26, 2014
    Portugal
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    They just need to drop points in one game, which is most likely against Everton.

10. ArmanSLR

ArmanSLR Member+

Dec 12, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I think if we win all the rest of our matches we very well could be champions. Man City have a very difficult fixture away to Everton, Yaya Toure seems like he may be out for the season. Aguero is coming off an injury.

Regarding the match today, not a great performance but 3 points nonetheless. This was another game where we did not take our chances, with better finishing it could have been an easy 3-0 or 4-0 match. Salah made some great runs but his finishing was piss poor today.

I don't mention Mata at all as scapegoat like others, but one thing we desperately miss is better delivery on set pieces. Lamps isn't great on corners, neither is Oscar or Willian. With JT, Cahill, Luiz, Ivanovic, Matic in the box we need to have much better delivery. Hopefully this can be address next season.

Otherwise, another 3 points. This season has 4 scenarios left;
    We can win the double
    We can win the prem
    We can win the CL
    or we can win nothing

Even if we win nothing I think this season was a huge success, with our squad, and in its current age/time I think being in the title discussion with 4 games remaining and making the semi's of the CL. Overall I'm satisfied and very happy and with a few precise additions we will be a force.

11. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah, I realise that but, on the same basis, we can also lose ALL our games from now to the end of the season.

I mean, I don't think we will but that's not the point. The guy said we will be champions IF we win all our existing games and that's not necessarily correct because if THEY win all their games then THEY will be champions, as Jose said a while ago.

It's not in our hands IOW.

12. The Cold Sea

The Cold Sea Señor Mejor

Feb 17, 2005
    The District
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I still think we're most likely to win nothing, but this team has a way of tinkering with the odds.

13. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    When you look at the remaining games and the way we've struggled against Villa, West Ham, West Brom, etc. (and Swansea today), we could win them all OR we could lose a couple or only draw.

Like I said a while ago, it's all still to play for but it's going to be nerve-racking, that's for sure.

14. JediSoccer

JediSoccer Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Spokane, Washington
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Our road games are like pulling nails. That, and having to listen to David Bleat. Gag me. We'll beat Sunderland, I have no doubt, then look out, three massive games, only one at the Bridge. I liked Cech's authority today, and the defense in general. If the offense could just get out of second-gear.........

We won. Three points. Me like.

Onward!

15. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    thought we did enough to win and based on our recent history at that ground it was a good result

some of the statements from the commentators today were disgusting and it is easy to see why neutrals dislike us so much with the ultra biased diatribes from the talking heads in the booth

16. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    It was a great ball. I realize that he's a good passer of the ball, but he's borderline great.

17. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    while I will continue my stance that we desperately need an effective striker

I do wonder that if we started the season with Matic if we would not be top of the League by a few points

addicted2chelsea repped this.
  18. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Again, I'm probably going to regret asking this but, what did they say?

Has anyone got one of those TIVO/PVR recording thingies on which they can upload some of it to t'intertubes?

19. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Chelsea striker Demba Ba, speaking to BBC MOTD's Steve Wilson: "It has been a very good week for the whole club, the fans and my family.
    "I always believe even though it's hard when you don't play, because fitness and confidence go down. I just said I would give everything and the goal came today.
    "It was difficult today, especially for the strikers. They were defending very tight together.
    "The through ball for my goal was perfect from Nemanja Matic and I had to finish it for the team and I did."
    Asked if he would definitely be leaving in the summer, Ba added: "No, it's not definite. I'm a football player and I love playing football. I look forward to playing those 90 minutes next season, wherever that is."

Chelsea assistant first-team coach Steve Holland is doing the post-match interviews instead of Jose Mourinho - and MOTD's Steve Wilson has asked him why: "Not sure. He's just asked me to do it. It's something that's happened a few times this season."
    Holland adds: "I've been here three times with Chelsea without winning before today. Swansea can frustrate you. They're good at retaining possession.
    "With the game at 0-0, they've got everybody behind the ball every minute of the game. You've got four defenders, four midfielders and one attacker to get through. We had total control of the game, but still had to find a way through. When you do that, the spaces are there.
    "We played in the Champions League in the week, and it was a physically and emotionally draining game. It was difficult to go again, but we stuck to it and came through.
    "The title is still in Manchester City's hands if they win all their games. We've still got a Champions League semi-final to look forward to as well. That's what Chelsea are all about, playing in the big games."

20. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    #146 fernb8, Apr 13, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
    we had John Champion and David Pleat

around the time of the sending off they kept banging on how outrageous it was that our players surrounded the ref and demanded a (correctly awarded imo) second yellow. I mean its not like Liverpool, United or even Cardiff fecking City act in a similar way :rolleyes:

and plenty of comments about Dowd needing to "even the game up"

and then later on the camera panned to Huw Jenkins and Martin Morgan and John Champion said that "seated to the right of Huw Jenkins is Martin Morgan and it was his son who Eden Hazard kicked..."

lets just tell part of the story eh John

21. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I was grumbling most of the match. Both of those cvnts were unbearable. They had one wish, for us to lose. The time wasting bit really got me knickers in a bunch..

But I suppose Liverpool winning today gave then all a little pep in their step.....

22. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Like this?

[​IMG]

:D

23. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    there is a reason why Pleat is labeled as a "former Premier League Manager" who has won feck all during his time as a Manager

as for Champion- I honestly expect better than some of his nonsense today

24. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You mean the 6 month old baby that Eden Hazard kicked to death, whilst all the time twirling his moustache? That Martin Morgan? :rolleyes:

Our lot weren't too bad. Well, NOTHING like that, anyway.

m_vandersee and fernb8 repped this.