3 months, 2000 posts, 0 players - continuing Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by bandwagongooner, Jan 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    and it also being the internet, I can say you are relentlessly negative.

2. MilesW

MilesW Member+

Aug 26, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My deepest apologizes all knowledgeable one.

3. Main Man

Main Man Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nacho Mon(t)real sounds like a broken-down male stripper.

4. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    what are you doing here?

All I said is you constantly make negative posts, which you do. It seems like you are proud of that, which is also fine.

5. Jamooky

Jamooky Member+

Mar 24, 2006
    Cleveland, OH USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nacho Monreal? really??? that's awesome . . . if it's true

6. lamb

lamb Member+

Sep 3, 2004
    Larne, N.Ireland
    he's voicing an opinion. it's hardly his fault the club don't give him much to work with.
    let's be honest, we needed more than a lb before the window opened. taken in isolation signing monreal is good, but overall we're still being fkd over by the club.

Arsenalkid700 repped this.
  7. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    that is not my point. My issue is every single post of the guys is negative and more often than not offers nothing else.

And if the original agreement was to sign Ignacio Monreal in the summer, but it was bumped up because of Gibbs' injury, then how much did the club really fk up? I say that because panicking and buying whomever is what lead us to a player like Santos in the first place.

8. Arsenalkid700

Arsenalkid700 Member

Aug 9, 2011
    New York City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly. I mean I like our starting set-up and before the window I thought that all we needed was a striker or midfielder but after seeing the overall squad, the fact that no one in our Reserves will break in this season and the fact that at one point we had to have Frimpong and Arshavin as subs... our only subs in the forward or midfield positions, I knew we needed more.

Nacho will now provide competition. Santos will leave in the summer (30 years old by then and really is obsolete now) and we will have Gibbs and Nacho. But I feel we could have done more. Our midfield will soon consist of Cazorla, Wilshere, Ramsey, Arteta, Diaby, and Coq but is that enough. Also at the forward line we only have Walcott, Giroud, OX, and Gervinho (hopefully can bring some AFCON form to the Premier League).

Is that going to be enough?

9. flyerhawk

flyerhawk Member

Feb 5, 2006
    Hoboken NJ
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While I would have liked to see us sign a central defender, left back was clearly the most pressing concern for the team. Wenger tried to fleece David Villa from Barca but they weren't buy.

I certainly would have liked to see some more depth brought on but I'm not surprised at all that we did so little.

10. gunner7

gunner7 Member+

Jul 27, 2008
    Sunshine California
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think we desperately need another CAM. Jut imagine if Carzola got injured. We can cope defensively with what we got atm, but offensively we can be in trouble if someone vital were to get injured.

11. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    we need another creative midfielder period because this team does not create anything unless its on the counter.

Need another striker because if Giroud goes down, we are f'd.

12. Main Man

Main Man Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Cazorla goes down then Rosicky and Jack can play that role. I'm happy with our offensive starters since Walcott, Giroud, Podolski, and Cazorla are all in good form at the moment but our depth isn't great. But what scares me more is our defensive midfield and fullbacks and if they can address that with Nacho Cheese...great.

13. Arsenalkid700

Arsenalkid700 Member

Aug 9, 2011
    New York City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't worry. Walcott will be our savior (And Arshavin)

14. 88AgentS

88AgentS Member

Jun 24, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. Jamooky

Jamooky Member+

Mar 24, 2006
    Cleveland, OH USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nacho is a good signing, but he ain't gonna save the season.

16. flyerhawk

flyerhawk Member

Feb 5, 2006
    Hoboken NJ
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So we need another central defender, another left back, another CAM, another playmaker and another striker?

We all want more depth but we aren't doing this. I honestly DON'T think we need another attacking player. It would be nice to have but I don't think it is necessary.

We have the same problems we've had for years. A lack of mental toughness and an inability to break down bunkered defenses. IMO, the development of Giroud may help with the latter but I honestly don't know how to fix the former.

17. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nacho sounds like a good signing. Frankly i was never convinced by Gibbs, even when healthy he seemed like the poor man's Gael Clichy, who in turn was the poor man's Ashley Cole. I would have liked to see a top GK, striker and DM as well, but we knew that was never going to happen.

18. bigtimebuck4

bigtimebuck4 Member

Oct 10, 2004
    DM is the biggest concern for me, I think we really miss Song.

19. MilesW

MilesW Member+

Aug 26, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess I took it from you as more douchey than you meant it I guess. My mistake.

20. lamb

lamb Member+

Sep 3, 2004
    Larne, N.Ireland
    another half assed window. it's a partial fix, but without the real conviction to go the whole hog and do the job properly.
    it's not enough, in all honesty. i'm convinced we badly needed a dm, cb or a player who can do either.

21. gunner0007

gunner0007 Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    Bahamas
    In all honesty don't think we need a CB. We need to play Kos. I do like Mert but if Kos can find his form from last year we would have a nice back 4.And either we get a beast of a dmid or none at all. We need someone to shield the back 4 and we need to start Jenks.

22. crazy150

crazy150 Member+

Aug 27, 2006
    North Cuba
    You mean a player like the one we sold and did not replace in the summer?

I agree.

Sad window.

23. leepyswetr

leepyswetr Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Chicago
    That's one more player than I was really expecting to be signed.

24. gunner7

gunner7 Member+

Jul 27, 2008
    Sunshine California
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just imagine if we still had Na$ri, Fabregas, Song and a in-form RVP. Too bad RVP was injured most of the time when we had a pretty solid midfield.

25. total_football

total_football Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    These sort of things are really tiring. Of course, I'd rather have RvP and Cesc, but we have better players now than the other two proven over-rated, money grubbing bums who are pretty much the Alex Hleb of 2013. RvP is of course money grubbing, but at least he is a true world class player. I'd rather have Santi than Nasri, any day. And JFW and Diaby over the useless POS Song.