3. Liga [R]

Discussion in 'Germany' started by Hobo, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Lamprey

Lamprey Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Go Halle!

2. Lupin III

Lupin III Member+

Mar 17, 2011
    Denmark
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Halle is indeed a very nice addition to 3. Liga :)

3. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    Aachen are done - club has gone into insolvency and is the first team to be relegated (if they are lucky to the Regionalliga).

4. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Saw that on my kicker app this morning. Shame. I guess they should have never built that new stadium.

Or is that not part of this???

5. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    Certainly the main reason. All the people who boast about how financially responsible German clubs are really need to take a closer look. Especially at clubs building stadiums they could only possibly finance under the best circumstances. Duisburg and Osnabrück (although they didn't build a new stadium) are also close to insolvency, 1860 and Dresden only survive their stadium deals with outside help.

footyfan1 and panicfc repped this.
  6. CCinGermany

CCinGermany Member

May 3, 2006
    Chicagoland
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ugh, horrible news about Aachen.

7. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Thanks man!!

8. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Okay, I don't understand when these things happen.
    I see today that Aachen played. So I guess they will continue to play out the season but will be relegated no matter where they finish in the table.
    And for the players, is it only about personal pride and the hopes that other clubs will notice them?

9. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    That's somewhat complicated - Aachen have filled for insolvency, but the proceedings have not been opened yet. The club and the administrator now try come to an agreement with the court and the creditors. They are definitely relegated, but if they finish the season regularily they can play Regionalliga next season.

If their plan doesn't work and insolvency proceedings have to be opened before the season is finished all of Aachen's matches will be taken out of the standings. In this case they'll probably restart in the lowest division.

The players will be released from their contracts in the winter break (they can't leave before the next transfer window, as long as the club still plays and isn't taken out of the competition).

unclesox repped this.
  10. Lupin III

Lupin III Member+

Mar 17, 2011
    Denmark
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Ugh too sad with Aachen....... What level is the lowest division?

11. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    According to fussball.de the lowest division in Aachen is Kreisliga C (10th division in the Mittelrhein region).

I really hope a good solution can still be found, because AA is a club with lots of tradition. :(

12. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    11th by my count.

Osnabrück just announced 9 million in debts, with a loss of 926k Euros in 2012.

13. HSV-Jung

HSV-Jung Member

Jun 15, 2010
    Frankfurt
    Club:
    Hamburger SV
    I fear that Darmstadt may stand to profit from this development at the end of the season.

A good friend of mine is a major Alemannia fan, he told me last week that at least they will be the Regionalliga club with the rockenest stadium ever. I believe even that may not be true, because the Leipzig stadium is pretty cool, provided that RB Leipzig can ever fill it.
    Anyway, if they adhere to sound management principles, the fanbase, reputation, home environment and tradition of the club should help them to ascend back to where they were in the none too distant future. All the best to Alemannia.

And if someone has to profit from this, better Darmstadt then anyone else.

14. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    If they can play RL, of course. The city has denied them help this time (after subsiding them before), so there is a real danger of the club not managing too. Right now it is also not clear if Duisburg can finish the season, which would be the first club in the Bundesligas in quite some time to go under midseason.

Fürth has cancelled the planned construction of a new stadium. People might actually start to realize how clubs spending money they don't have has been a huge part of the German football boom during the last few years?

15. CCinGermany

CCinGermany Member

May 3, 2006
    Chicagoland
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is it safe to assume that this will keep them from being promoted?

16. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    If they get promoted the debts won't stop them at all - when it comes to getting a license, you really have to ******** up to get more than a slap on the wrist. Hell, even Aachen got a license for this season. And either the city or a sponsor will surely help out too.

The problem will get bigger if they don't get promoted.

footyfan1 repped this.
  17. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
  18. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    yes, they built a new one. According to the article their attendance, after another dissapointing season so far, has declined to a point where the money they make from gates is less than the costs of the new stadium however.

Osnabrück is getting a new loan from the city to keep them in business btw.

20. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    Today was the draw for the Regionalliga play-offs

Holstein Kiel - Soutwest 1 (Hessen Kassel or Elversberg)
    Rasenball Leipzig - West (Lotte or Fortuna Köln)
    1860 II - Southwest II (Hessen Kassel, Elversberg, Waldhof or FCK II)

21. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Outsch, in the Leipzig - West champion and Kiel -South-West champion clashes very promising teams will face each other.

22. HSV-Jung

HSV-Jung Member

Jun 15, 2010
    Frankfurt
    Club:
    Hamburger SV
    Darmstadt just won 2:4 away against Erfurt, now they have a real final for the last game. If they can beat Stuttgarter Kickers at home next week, they'll survive the league, I'm definitely going to try to get out to the game. How sweet that would be to have both Holstein Kiel and Darmstadt 98 in 3. Bundesliga.

Lupin III and panicfc repped this.
  23. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    I have to add, though, that Kiel haven't qualified yet - no idea why I didn't do so in the last post already :oops: Havelse or Wolfsburg II could still go up too.

24. HSV-Jung

HSV-Jung Member

Jun 15, 2010
    Frankfurt
    Club:
    Hamburger SV
    Bah, Humbug!

25. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    No, Wolfsburg II can't become champion. Since Lübecks matches are not counted, each team plays 32 regular matches. Wolfsburg II has after 30 matchdays 59 points, so they can get at most 65 points. So the promotion race is between Kiel (30 matches played, 67 points) and Havelse (31 matches played, 64 points).

So if Kiel collects one point from the last two matches (one at home vs. Havelse), they are champion. And if Kiel looses both the goal difference between Havelse and them counts.