29th Fixture: March 15th, 2014- Aston Villa FC vs Chelsea FC - [R]

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by fernb8, Mar 11, 2014.

1. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    is your dog named Foy?

Blueallthru repped this.
  2. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Hey come on now. It's more because we didn't have Mata. Why would you go blame Foy?

fernb8 repped this.
  3. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    cheeky bugger

that is not to say that lobo does not have a point that we do miss the creativity and talent which Mata brings to a game where he could have effected the result in a positive manner

but I also believe we have to accept the fact that Mata did not feel comfortable in the system Jose was using and vice versa and thus it was best for both parties to go their separate ways. I would say that overwhelming majority of us wanted Jose back at the club and while I do not agree with some of his decisions- he has the CV and experience to support that he generally knows what he is doing.

4. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    We all loved Mata. Guess some people just can't let go.

5. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    the fact that he was sold to a direct rival and that his "replacement" in Oscar has struggled a great deal lately is not helping things. I can easily understand the frustration and there are days I still scratch my head over the transfer.

the only time I find it annoying is when the Mata situation is brought up after each poor result. I did not see people clamouring for him a week earlier when we stuffed Spurs.

6. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    What's done is done. The very fact that he went to a rival makes me want to see him fail. And this is coming from a guy who bought his Jersey in the summer.

7. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    I like and respect him too much to want him to fail. Perhaps he can arrange a transfer back to Spain for a huge loss on what Utd paid us for him and have a long and healthy career where he never faces us but scores lots of goals vs Barca, Real and some of our other rivals
    ;)

Wrath repped this.
  8. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Now you are just reading my mind :D

fernb8 repped this.
  9. ArmanSLR

ArmanSLR Member+

Dec 12, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Mata could have helped a lot in this match, or other matches where we are too reliant on Hazard. But, if you told me that we could sell Mata for 38m and win the prem or finished in the top 2 with this squad I wouldn't have believed it. At first, and even a few days after the transfer I was still scratching my head, but with what Jose has done with this squad, and the position that we are in with our current squad and lack of quality goal scoring options I am very very happy.

10. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    If it is he wants stringing up for animal cruelty. A Chelsea supporter? Naming his dog 'Foy'? I mean, what chance has it of being well fed and looked after?

:eek: :D

Blueallthru repped this.
  11. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I named him Fowler!

I kid I kid... He has a name not related to Chelsea. Although I did try to name him Lampard. That got nixed early.

12. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    so your dog sniffs his medicine and picks on the gay dogs?

Blueallthru repped this.
  13. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Indeed. He likes his flea medice in powder form. He also bites other male dogs who sniff his arse.

fernb8 repped this.
  14. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    He's got some nice dog houses too.