29th Fixture: March 15th, 2014- Aston Villa FC vs Chelsea FC - [R]

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by fernb8, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Interesting reading some of the comments elsewhere about Ram who apparently deserves at LEAST being hung, drawn and quartered... if not being treated VERY harshly.

If only all players could be the pictures of humanity and gentlemanly conduct like the other top teams...

[​IMG]

352klr and fernb8 repped this.
  2. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I suppose if you're gonna do it, you might as well do it when we're 1-0 down and it's the 93rd minute but, yes... idiotic :(

3. JediSoccer

JediSoccer Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Spokane, Washington
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    How is Foy not reffing in League Two? You run alongside a player and he falls down and a second yellow for that? Foy did the exact same thing at QPR against Bosingwa a couple years ago.

4. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    and interestingly enough that was a game where a certain Mr. Foy was the referee

5. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Er... yeah... that was...

NVM ;) :D

6. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'd have to see it again but my impression of it was that it was a foul because he pushed him, albeit only a bit, but that's not a yellow card. It's a foul... that's it.

7. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    OK! I've just seen it again and it's barely a foul.

If you watch the Villa guy sees Willian coming up on his offside and sticks his arm out to stop him and, in fact, HE pushes Willian first and, more significantly, is LEANING FORWARD when he does it. It's only at THAT point that Willian pushes him back, ever so slightly.

That's NEVER a yellow card and is barely a foul.

8. drjman

drjman Member+

Jul 28, 2010
    Southern California
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hopefully he has a blockbuster World Cup and gets us a good price. He's had some moments of brilliance, but those are way outnumbered by his stupidity.

Not really serious but we do have the boneheaded Brazilians. Lol

9. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I've just seen the Willian incident like I said and he was the guy most pissed off by it... even more than the lad himself. Not that that excuses it... just saying...

10. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Willian's foul was barely a foul. Terrible call. Foy is a c***.

11. Bruckner283

Bruckner283 Member+

Apr 25, 2006
    Lake Of The Coheeries
    If we could trade him for a Witzel or Carvalho I would do it an a heartbeat. Ram's problem is that he is a headless chicken but the arrival of Matic we see that you can cover every blade of grass just as well but with some technique and passing ability as well. Wouldnt mind in the slightest if he were sold come summer.

12. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC

jesus.

13. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You think we could get Jesus for him? Well that would cut our catering budget in half and we'd literally walk it on a waterlogged pitch. There may be some merit in this idea......

Naughtius Maximus repped this.
  14. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Too reliant on Hazard to be great every game, Willian and Oscar need to be more direct, yeah our strikers are crap, but those 2 are capable of more.

The point about Ramires is an interesting one, I really like him but his poor touch and atrocious passing is a bad match for the pivot. Obviously this point is better discussed in that other thread

JediSoccer, Wrath and yasik19 repped this.
  15. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Totally agree with you. One, Hazard is our only source of creativity and that's terrible. He can't carry this team on his shoulder match after match. Two, I've seen Willian take on defenders when he was at Shakhtar, so I assume JM just told him to stop the shit. Three, let's not call for Ramires's head yet. He's pacy, fairly strong, and durable. Those are qualities in a player every team needs. He also won us the Barfa game 2 years ago.

fernb8 repped this.
  16. B_G_92

B_G_92 Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Poor Chelsea performance. Too many players not stepping up...Oscar looks knackered, Willian really! The guy takes corners and hits the first defender 9 out of 10, chases back well but generally because he was the one who lost the ball.

Feel sorry for Hazard...I get the impression the rest of the team keep thinking "get it to Hazard, he'll do something magic for us"...well he may well do but not when he has no one up front to feed.

17. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with you on Ramires, I quite like him, he's just very Jekyll and Hyde, I feel like he'd be great as the utility player but not the starting pivot next to Matic in a possession team.

18. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    #193 fernb8, Mar 16, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
    I think the best way he is deployed in the pivot is as the "destroyer" of the two. Let him run around try to create havoc while Matic holds the space and knocks the ball around. While I do not have the drastic feelings of others in terms of selling him asap I do think that if we continue with the same system that he is not the best fit and is more of a square peg in a round hole. His strengths of constant running and covering acres of space suits more of a 433. It is pretty clear this lack of technical ability (and that is not to say that he is a poor player) is showing in the pivot role and that he does not seem to have enough in his locker on the attacking end (again not saying that is a bad player on the attacking front either) to consistently contribute as one of the attacking three. So leaves us with a player who is best deployed in a system we do not play- sound familiar?

as for his actions yesterday- I am not condoning what he did as his tackle was disgusting and showed a petulant lack of control. However we have seen several other players (both ours and others) lose their temper in a similar fashion. I watched the game again (yes I have issues :p) and throughout the game Villa were leaving the boot in, grabbing and pushing our players and Foy was not even indicating a foul. Now of course this is a contact game and actions similar to that are going to occur but consider what he awarded a foul for on Delph and then subsequently produced a yellow for on Willian then Villa should have ended the game with three players. The dodgy offside decisions, some of the bad tackles (Torres was scythed down from the back three times and only one foul given), the questionable last defender decisions (of which one involved Ramires), coupled with nit picky non given fouls and that Ramires was fouled in the build up to the Villa goal all led to a moment where he is trying to effect change by winning the ball- getting foul a couple of times in the process- and then finally losing his temper

the three games should be enough for punishment imo

19. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
  20. JediSoccer

JediSoccer Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Spokane, Washington
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    This weekend hurt...a lot. Didn't Foy red-card Robben in 2006 for celebrating with some fans? I'm just weary of this ref arse-focking Chelsea again and again. Makes one long for Howard Webb.

That said, beating the big clubs is nice, very nice, but puking up points to the bottom feeders is inexcusable--Villa, WHU, WBA, Sunderland... Who next, Norwich, Crystal Palace? Good grief.

21. BluePict

BluePict Member

Aug 23, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  22. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Is it just me or did Ram almost get away with that and Villa players convinced him that was a red? Lol, obviously he deserved it but I don't think Foyd saw it even. And the card on Willian was absurd…he really ********ed us.

23. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    So ... how was everyone's weekend?

24. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    yesterday was friday. today it's monday.

that's how my weekend was.

Bruckner283 repped this.
  25. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Well I'm glad I missed the match. Had I watched, I might have kicked my dog.

fernb8 repped this.