29th Fixture: March 15th, 2014- Aston Villa FC vs Chelsea FC - [R]

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by fernb8, Mar 11, 2014.

1. drjman

drjman Member+

Jul 28, 2010
    Southern California
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's the thing. Those substitutions seemed great until 5 seconds later when the whole plan fell apart.

2. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Sucks to lose both of them for the Arsenal game, given their speed and work ethic. Oh well....still all to play for.

3. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    I suspect we will appeal the Willian red

4. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Jose Mourinho is about to face the television cameras. He is already in spiky mood. Asked what he made of the result, he replies " I made it Aston Villa 1-0."

5. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'd have to see it again but I think Jose was simply telling one of OUR lads to calm down... so Foy sends him off?! :eek: :cautious:

I know it's annoying but, at some point, you've just gotta laugh :D

6. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    and if Foy wants to send Jose off for leaving the technical area and entering the field of play then fair enough

but Agbonlahor did the same thing and confronted Ramires and got feck all

7. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    More of a comment on the Villa fans singing at the end :)

I do like Willian, but he sometimes lacks that 'footballing smarts'. A great example is when he was caught 2 yards offside whilst looking down the entire Villa backline.

Anyway, plenty of football left this season and Citeh have some really tough matches as well as injury and suspensions. I just wish the team would be a little more composed. Jose will sort it, hopefully in time for when a proper striker finishes in the week.

8. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Brilliant interview from Jose. LOL. Hats off

9. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It was uncanny how quickly and avoidable that entire cluster became, wasn't it? No doubt Jose will be called out for second guessing himself, but no-one could have predicted that it would have gone Sp*rs so quickly.

10. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Do yer think so? Hmm... I'd have to see it again but it looked a reasonable one for a red to me.

11. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    According to his interview, he asked Foy if he could have 5 seconds to talk to him and he sent him off. He wanted to ask how is Agbonlohar allowed to run from the sub bench and grab a Chelsea player by the neck?

12. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    if Spurs got away with the Kaboul one I think we have grounds for this appeal

he grabbed the arm of Delph who then went down very, very easy

at most a foul but never a yellow

13. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Jose Mourinho is torn between his natural instinct to tell the world what he thinks and his knowledge that doing so will probably result in a lengthy ban.

He settles for doing a strange bug-eyed impression of Chris Foy refusing to speak to him.

again this twat can not do our games

if the FA did not learn their lesson after his debacle of a game against QPR a few years ago they never will, he is bent

14. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I thought JM was trying to calm things down and, under those circumstances sending him off was harsh... harsh to the point of total lunacy, tbh.

15. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Can we appeal a second yellow?

16. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Sorry... are we talking about ram or Willian? I was talking about ram, tbh.

Just a note, I'm typing this on my laptop screen just off the side of my TV with the game on but about 12 feet away so it's quite hard to scroll up and see previous posts... sorry :)

17. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    I think we can appeal the suspension from the second yellow

18. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    I was talking about Will

I see your point now

Naughtius Maximus repped this.
  19. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Just watched the JM interview but, unfortunately, I can't comment on it because, if I do, I'll be in trouble. It's better if I go home but, as it is, I'm already home... :eek:

:D

20. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Ah, yes... that was very harsh.

21. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    uploadfromtaptalk1394914089586.jpg

fernb8 repped this.
  22. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think they said that Foy has sent off 6 CFC players in the last 8 games* he's handled for us. That's a pretty amazing stat, tbh.

* It may have even been 8 in 6 games but, whatever... it's a LOT.

23. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Jose Mourinho, Chelsea manager, on 5 live Sport: "I don't know why I was sent off. I asked, but the referee refused to speak to me. One player made an aggressive move towards one of my players. Gabriel Agbonlahor was on the bench, he jumped onto the pitch, he was aggressive, everyone jumps onto then pitch, me and my assistants, lots of people there.
    "Maybe Mr Foy thought I was aggressive, I don't know. There are no statues in a football match, so everyone should have been sent off.
    "We must be very, very unlucky to have another refereeing performance like this one. This was not about one mistake a referee can make, a penalty or not giving a penalty, but this is about a 94 minute performance."

24. drjman

drjman Member+

Jul 28, 2010
    Southern California
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    4-5 straight red cards against us in the last 7 years, according to transfermarkt. One of those was Hazard doing what we all would have done to that Swansea ballboy.

No yellow/red in 7 years until today.

25. Bruckner283

Bruckner283 Member+

Apr 25, 2006
    Lake Of The Coheeries
    Hope the club have the balls to take addition actions against Rami (fines/suspensions/etc). He needs a serious wakeup call for his play of late and what he did was uncalled for and recklessly stupid.

m_vandersee repped this.