25th Fixture: February 2, 2013 - Newcastle United FC v. Chelsea FC - [R]

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by fernb8, Jan 31, 2013.

1. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Chelsea had 24 points from 12 games when Roberto Di Matteo was sacked, and were four points behind Manchester United. Now taken 22 points from 13 against lower opposition, and now 13+ points behind Manchester United

says it all and the board sacked RDM to improve results

2. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
  3. ComeOnChelsea

ComeOnChelsea Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    anybody got the updated stat of recent CFC managers thru x number of games ?

4. hudson hooligan

hudson hooligan Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Aug 6, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cannot justify keeping Rafa at the helm.

5. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
  6. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    without giving away too much about OT results we are now 4 points out of 5th place

7. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    hope this is not a repeat, doing the error thing again , Rafa must be in charge of big soccer today

and except for some shockingly bad reffing against manure and bindippers would have had 3-5 more points and first place, and before the refs took over on those two we had our best start in 4 years, one of the most most inane firings ever, only beat by the most inane hiring ever

JediSoccer repped this.
  8. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Chelsea boss Rafael Benitez on his team's 3-2 defeat by Newcastle: "There were too many mistakes. I could see a red card that was not shown for Fabricio Coloccini. We had a chance and Demba Ba received a broken nose, it is bleeding. It's simple, if it was in the middle of the pitch, you bring it back and give the foul."

nice one Rafa. Continue blaming everyone but yourself.

9. JediSoccer

JediSoccer Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Spokane, Washington
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Amen.

10. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    "It changed the game. We lost one player with a broken nose, we had one substitution and we had a great reaction in the second half, but it was not enough."

He said: "We are doing a good job in terms of what you can see on the pitch. The team is doing well.
    "The team has a very good team spirit and that is really positive, and I am confident that we will finish in the top three. I will do well.
    "What I know, what I can see is the team doing well, working hard and when we have this advantage, we have to manage in a better way."

Seriously? Fecking clueless.

lobomojo repped this.
  11. hudson hooligan

hudson hooligan Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Aug 6, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How is this mother fưcker employed?

lobomojo and fernb8 repped this.
  12. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    That's been Benitez's MO throughout his career.

Failing at Liverpool. Blame the owners despite spending 100s of millions on crap, and coming up with retarded ideas like exchanging Alonso for Barry.

Failing at Inter. Blame the players despite being handed the European and Italian champions.

lobomojo and fernb8 repped this.
  13. Dear_Claudio

Dear_Claudio Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    Buffalo, New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Girlfriend "forgot" to set the DVR. Checked livescore on my phone when I realized the game wasn't there. Ha. I wish I could say I was surprised.

At least I have Sissoko (and captain Lampard) in my fantasy team:cool:

14. kmk108

kmk108 Member

Nov 13, 2011
    The 913
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I will say, this is not all on Benitez himself.

Roman wanted RDM out because
    1) (I'm guessing) He's not a big-time manager. I've never liked this philosophy of Roman's. Getting the most popular manager available isn't always the best move. RDM gave the team a morale boost, is Chelsea through and through, and would give anything to be successful at this club. It was never going to be a popular decision to fire RDM.
    2) We've seen how Roman has no patience in letting a manager have a poor run. Jose is the only manager that's been given 2 years. Bad runs will happen, but stability is the key to success. This was always going to be a rebuilding year, but Roman refuses that notion.

Roman/The Board wanted Benitez because
    1) He was available
    2) He was the one that brought Torres to the Premier League and they thought they could get the best out of Torres with Benitez. That's not a terrible idea, but picking a manager solely off these two reasons is flat out stupid. Benitez should have done more with his squads at Liverpool and failed at Inter Milan with a championship squad. Not only that, but his managerial philosophy doesn't fit the squad that's been built here. Those lobbed balls aren't doing anything for us, because we lack size in the attack, except for Ba and Torres.

Benitez was never going to be a good fit for this team, and he was never going to be liked by the supporters. Roman should have seen this, and made the appropriate decision to NOT hire him.

fernb8 repped this.
  15. Dear_Claudio

Dear_Claudio Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    Buffalo, New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    8 points from the last 18 available. Dropped points to 20th-, 17th-, 16th- and 12th-placed teams (Newcastle would be 15th if they didn't win today).

Soundly outplayed in the Club World Cup final by a side who finished 6th (20 pts back) in the 2012 Brasileirao. Crashed out of the League Cup semi-final without scoring a goal over 180 minutes, with a fourth-division club waiting in the final. Nearly knocked out of the FA Cup by a third-division side.

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yaroni, Andy F, kmk108 and 2 others repped this.
  16. addicted2chelsea

Nov 11, 2007
    Australia
    Can we give Mata a new contract already.

lobomojo repped this.
  17. sstarch1

sstarch1 Member

Jan 25, 2005
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Why the hell would Mata sign a contract with CFC right now?

18. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    so, i'm re-watching the game right now. i know we all hate rafa, but the more i'm thinking about this the more i'm thinking we've been done again by Webb. not getting a penalty for the kick to Ba's face is just non-sensical (not to mention possible dangerous play from Coloccini), and Cisse should have been off for both the aerial challenge on Terry followed by the hands to Cole's neck. then right after we score the second goal, Oscar could have gone down in the box for a legitimate penalty.

this could have been a very different game.

also, newcastle fans booing Ba after the injury and when he subs out is just disgraceful.

19. j.fisher

j.fisher So Much Better

May 3, 2007
    Winston Salem, NC
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This season has been ridiculous from the very start. It's a damn farce.

20. sabresrule30

sabresrule30 Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Charlotte NC
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just when you think the officiating cant get any worse.........

Choke a guy and dont see red?

21. RamboTambo

RamboTambo Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I just don't understand how we can be blowing leads.
    It's not kamikaze style like under AVB.
    It's obvious Rafa is encouraging ball lobbing, which gives us time to regroup and resist the counter - but yet, we are giving away goals to counter attacks!
    I thought Rafa was defensively sound? This guy really has no clue - but shhh...don't let the cat out of the bag, cos Real wants him - a straight swap for our present manager and Real's present manager - sounds like a fair deal to me!

22. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    As opposed to a team who finished 6th and finished 25 points out you mean :D

fernb8, Wrath and Yaroni repped this.
  23. Yaroni

Yaroni Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Tel Aviv
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    No its clumsy style under FSW. Imagine a fat server spilling hot soup on you, much worse.

24. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    i would be more afraid of a kamikaze than soup personally.

but managerially speaking, at this point right now, i don't think anyone would hesitate in a choice of AVB or rafa. at THIS point. meaning, i think AVB learned a lot from his mistakes at chelsea and has become a better manager because of it. in comparison it's obvious FSW doesn't learn from mistakes.

fernb8 repped this.
  25. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I don't think he has learned from anything, mistakes or otherwise.