20th Fixture: January 2, 2013 - Chelsea FC v. Queens Park Rangers FC - [R]

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by fernb8, Dec 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Derry just mugging our players

2. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    poor first half imo

almost a question of who deserves to stay on as opposed to who should be changed

3. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It's not but, bearing in mind what we're up again, it's not good either.

We're all over them but we lack penetration... and we all know how important THAT is ;)

Wrath and okocha1 repped this.
  4. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    did Marin foul someone earlier?

5. okocha1

okocha1 Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    How was that a foul on Torres?

6. hudson hooligan

hudson hooligan Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Aug 6, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Take another shot.

7. okocha1

okocha1 Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I'd like to players to continue on the outside and try a shot (a la Hazard goal against Leeds) rather than cutting back inside to a crowded area. Marin and Oscar both found themselves in such positions and decided to go for a curler from a crowded area.

8. schafer

schafer Member+

Mar 12, 2004
    Only in his own head, unfortunately.

fernb8 repped this.
  9. adri

adri Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Vancouver, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    typical dreck performance vs QPRahaha. garbage from Marin & Ivan in particular. maybe we'll take it seriously in the second half. i have to think Ramires would rip em apart.

10. slipereypete

slipereypete BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2003
    Gig Harbor, WA, USA
    dafuq

11. Dear_Claudio

Dear_Claudio Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    Buffalo, New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    That's why we need a real striker. There is simply no way through with Torres just standing there fixing his hair. Awful run ruined our best chance of the game, when Marin nicked the ball and started driving at their defense... Torres just ran straight ahead of him:confused:

Luiz is not a midfielder. He is far too slow on the ball and is either unwilling or unable to play one-touch passes. Lampard must be pulling his hair out trying to play with him in there. Moses was okay. Marin always showing flashes but it's obvious he's hardly played in months.

Why oh why do we always get stuck with this prick Tony Gale? It seriously ruins the game to listen to him bleat on for 90 minutes about how shit Chelsea and all its players are.

okocha1 repped this.
  12. jcm28

jcm28 Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Puerto Rico
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Puerto Rico
    Bruckner283 repped this.
  13. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Marin seems to be having a mare based on your comments. Where is that German who touts Marin on our board? :p

14. hudson hooligan

hudson hooligan Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Aug 6, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Again, Torres' run into the center of the box pulled two defenders with him creating the opening for Oscar in the first place. I'm not trying to suggest Torres shouldn't be criticized for a lackluster first half performance, I'm just trying to be fair and give criticism/credit when and where it's actually due.

15. slipereypete

slipereypete BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2003
    Gig Harbor, WA, USA
    uh... you do know that when he's played in the middle he's had the most passes of any of our players right? there were multiple instances in the 1st half where he looked to play a 1-2 with lamps, like he can with oscar, but lamps didnt anticipate it. listen, i think he's having an off-night but the book isn't closed on him one way or the other.

16. jcm28

jcm28 Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Puerto Rico
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Puerto Rico
    Funny thing is we don't have anyone to substitute Torres with. We are stuck with him until we finally get Ba or Falcao.

Really bad first half, but I'm sure we'll get there soon enough. A few subs are needed, though.

17. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Lol...I missed the 1st half and I am ready to watch the second. read the comment though from this thread...YIKES!!!

Wrath repped this.
  18. Dear_Claudio

Dear_Claudio Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    Buffalo, New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    No, no that's not at all what happened. Torres ran into the same space that Marin was trying to drive into. Oscar was on the left and ended up with the ball. Torres should have ran across the defenders into the open space on the right. That would have forced the defender to either mark Torres or close Marin down.

You could tell Marin was like "WTF is he doing?" and there was nothing he could really do with the ball that would be productive. Oscar did well enough to cut inside and get a shot away, but it was flicked behind because Torres pulled everyone into the center. Schoolboy run.

okocha1 repped this.
  19. hudson hooligan

hudson hooligan Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Aug 6, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone just see Pardew's comments? (Not sure if this is the right thread to go any further with that...)

20. okocha1

okocha1 Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    What did he say?

21. hudson hooligan

hudson hooligan Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Aug 6, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's really not what I saw but okay.

22. Dear_Claudio

Dear_Claudio Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    Buffalo, New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I don't care what the stats say, especially when the deepest-sitting midfielder has the easiest time getting on the ball. Just watch him play. He takes extra touches every single time he gets on the ball. He has no patience, which is key for a player who is in the middle of things trying to control the tempo and flow of the game.

I LOVE Luiz. Probably my favorite player in the squad. But there are so many flaws to his game when played in the midfield. He is a central defender, full stop.

23. hudson hooligan

hudson hooligan Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Aug 6, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Confirmed that Ba is on his way to Chelsea.

okocha1 repped this.
  24. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    seems relevant enough

25. Dear_Claudio

Dear_Claudio Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    Buffalo, New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Ba can go because he's already done well for Newcastle. The club is bigger than any player blah blah blah.