2019 AFC Asian Cup bids

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by druryfire, Jan 22, 2013.

1. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    hahah TM trolling or not, there's a point that should be made.
    remember asian cup 2007? where four countries (malaysia, indonesia, thailand, and vietnam) co-hosted together. after that edition, afc said future tournaments can't be hosted with four countries again because of communication problem.

2. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    On 15 March, 2013, the CFA had sent the consulatation letter for hosting 2019 AFC Asian Cup to local Associations for the second time, till 23 March 2013, 6 cities had sent hosting request to the CFA, includs Beijing, Dalian, Nanjing, Xi'an Chengdu and Wuhan.

3. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Someone's taken a bang to their head.

News on Bahrains bid to host 2019 Asian Cup and to host a World Cup in under 50 years!!

BAHRAIN is now ready to host the Asian Nations Cup 2019, said two overwhelmed Bahraini legislators yesterday.

They congratulated Bahrain Football Association (BFA) president Shaikh Salman bin Ibrahim Al Khalifa for winning the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) seat saying that the right person has been elected to the right seat.

The chiefs of parliament and the Shura Council youth and sports committees stressed that leading Asia would help improve things in Bahrain in the short and long run.

"We have successfully hosted various international and regional sporting events over the past years and now we are Asian leaders with Shaikh Salman becoming AFC president, which means that everything is in its right place for us to achieve further," said parliament's youth and sports committee chairman Adnan Al Malky.

"Our clubs and youth centres work according to low budgets. Despite that, they have excelled in regional competitions," he said.

"Besides, we have many footballers who are professionals in the Gulf, other Asian countries and Europe and this reflects that we have the talent, but it requires proper care."

He said that through Shaikh Salman's bigger powers, Bahrain was on the right steps towards growth and development.

"We are expecting bigger spending on youth and sports facilities and programmes as we are campaigning to host the Asian Nations Cup 2019, which is a dream for every Bahraini, before, possibly in the next 50 years, hosting the World Cup."

Shura Council youth and sports committee chairman Khalil Al Thawadi said that Bahrain now figures prominently on the Asian map and the world's radar.

"We are getting the place we deserve in the world and this shows that we are getting better and bigger in line with the reforms the country is seeing," he said.

"I understand that the youth and sports scene in Bahrain is still backwards, but it has been already agreed with MPs that more money will be pumped into the General Organisation for Youth and Sports (Goys) coffers.

"Shaikh Salman used to be a local figure, he is now an Asian and world figure. We are expecting a lot from him and we know he can do it as we work hard to host Asian Nations Cup 2019."

http://www.gulf-daily-news.com/NewsDetails.aspx?storyid=352555

4. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Lol, even Qatar is better..

5. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Bahrain with like one suitable stadium in the whole country has just gone mad because some dude got a job!

6. Arsenalkid700

Arsenalkid700 Member

Aug 9, 2011
    New York City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Qatar can get a bid then why not Bahrain in around 50 years. Who knows where they will be by then?

Best to play the waiting game for now.

7. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Bahrain is the biggest asshole of this region in terms of sportmansship and hospitality. We saw it in the last Gulf Cup edition.

8. Arsenalkid700

Arsenalkid700 Member

Aug 9, 2011
    New York City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who cares how big it is... is it squeaky clean? That is all that matters.

9. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    i agree what he says. also no one wants to go to bahrain. Why dont afc give the hosting rights to a country where people really want to go and have several suitable stadiums. EXM: UAE, AUS, JPN, CHN, KOR, and even maybe SAUDI

10. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Locking up their best footballers (who were also doctors) for helping people in need does not equal squeaky clean. But thats just the rulers of the country protecting themselves - should have nothing to do with football, but it does.

Bahrain have close links to Saudi Arabia, you can see Saudi having a resonable go at it one day, Bahrain could play supporting roll.

In 50 years who knows, it's likely the world cup will be played every other year then so theres always an opportunity and to be frank, if they want it, then why not, it will help with infrastructure, everything, so to have a dream and make a better country, then why not. You could say Bahrain has a 50 year development plan ahead of themselves, most countries can't see into next week.

11. Arsenalkid700

Arsenalkid700 Member

Aug 9, 2011
    New York City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hello India.

12. nimaa

nimaa Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Some of Bahrain's accomplishments in the past couple of years: they jailed all the footballers who belonged to shia sect of Islam after uprisings began in the country, their govt sanctioned fans burned Iranian flags inside and outside stadiums during matches on several occasions, they still have people in the streets, they have some of the worst stadiums in all of Asia...

Anyway, any particular reason why a sand dictator has become the AFC head? Biggest continent on the planet with the share of the most number of people on earth, and a sand dictator from a sand Island the size of a needle head on a map was chosen? Seriously AFC is a joke.

teammellieIRANfan repped this.
  13. Iranianfootie

Iranianfootie Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    So would you want an Indian or Chinese person chosen? Instead of someone from the great democracy that makes the United States look like a dictatorship known as Bahrain.

14. Arsenalkid700

Arsenalkid700 Member

Aug 9, 2011
    New York City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Da ********?

15. nimaa

nimaa Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    He's being sarcastic

Iranianfootie repped this.
  16. Iranianfootie

Iranianfootie Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    You object to what I'm saying? Since as a Khalifa I'm so democratic and care about human rights, I will just imprison every Arsenal player. Then I'll liberate Qatar so Bahrain will host the World Cup.

17. Arsenalkid700

Arsenalkid700 Member

Aug 9, 2011
    New York City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you high right now?

18. Iranianfootie

Iranianfootie Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yes I am. And I got the good stuff next door in Afghanistan. :)

19. Arsenalkid700

Arsenalkid700 Member

Aug 9, 2011
    New York City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lets go then! Weed party 2019!!!!

20. Iranianfootie

Iranianfootie Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Weed Party in BAHRAIN are you kidding me? Not only re: smoking weed but I'm Shia! Not the smartest play on my end. If Iran is hosting in 2019, then we can have a heroin party. By we, I mean you. Are you Indian? If you are, I do wish India hosts it...both for football (it will raise football's brand in India) and for Indians who are steadily becoming more influential in the world.

21. Arsenalkid700

Arsenalkid700 Member

Aug 9, 2011
    New York City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Drug party in Iran!!!

But seriously, yes I am Indian but I will be realistic here, unless India gets the FIFA U17 World Cup in 2017 then we will not bid for the Asian Cup in 2019 or 2023. We do not have the infrastructure, we do not have the facilities, we do not have the support, and we do not have the proper development system.

Until the All India Football Federation start to treat football as a real business and sport we will never host an Asian Cup or U17 World Cup.

22. Iranianfootie

Iranianfootie Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    When will the hosts of the U17 WC in 2017 be selected? Sorry I don't follow youth international football. I'm not Indian but I have a lot of Indian friends and they basically say India is way too cricket obsessed to develop a football infrastructure. But doesn't football have support in India? Isn't it the second most popular sport after cricket?

23. ashindia

ashindia Member

Apr 14, 2009
    India,Hyderabad
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    2nd most popular yes,but its not Indian Football but European Football :p

24. Arsenalkid700

Arsenalkid700 Member

Aug 9, 2011
    New York City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Basically what Ash said. In terms of the local game, I-League, I would say we are third behind the IPL and HIL (Hockey India League) but there is such a disparity in support for the HIL and I-League. HIL apparently got 400% more viewers for matches than I-League.

25. Iranianfootie

Iranianfootie Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    You do realize that's common in A LOT of countries right? I'm surprised football is more popular than hockey to be honest.