2015 FIFA Women`s World Cup - European qualifiers

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by Lusankya, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Oh wow...o_O You guys didn't think the ball was won before contact was made on the player...:confused:

The Russian defender made it all look very clumsy with her scissor like follow through, but it was definitely from the side, and clearly blocked the ball as Lotzen was about to move it too.

Anyway, after the other 8 goals went in, I doubt Russia will be making a fuss about any of it now.

2. Lusankya

Lusankya Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  3. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    So.... It's a foul... why..?

It wasn't a tackle from behind, she didn't go high, she didn't even miss the ball with the first leg and get it with the second either.

It just seemed very desperate to me, which made it possibly look more dangerous than it really was...:unsure:

4. Lusankya

Lusankya Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It was a tackle, doesn't matter whether it was from behind or not. It was also careless.

Gromit06 repped this.
  5. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    LOL, of course it matters. I've seen female players get away with some truly shocking stuff in recent times, but that penalty box tackle against Lotzen really wasn't one of them.

I know why a ref could award it, but if she didn't, it would have made sense to me too, as the ball was clearly won during the two players initial contact, without any danger of hurting Lotzen.

But it's then the defenders follow through which brought the PK claims, as her other leg appeared to take out the back of Lotzen, when in reality Lotzen was already going down from the initial (and fair) contact made on the ball from the front.

Was it dangerous...no. Was it reckless... yes. Did she miss the ball...no. Did she also hit the player though... yes...:confused:

6. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Ireland and Scotland won their matches today, 2-0 and 7-2 respectively.

7. Weltmann

Weltmann Member

Sep 9, 2012
  8. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
  9. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In today's matches, France def. Kazakhstan 4-0, Finland def. Austria 2-1, and Norway def. Belgium 4-1.

10. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    #86 Bauser, Sep 25, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2013
    Norway vs Belgium 4-1

A great start to the WCQ campaign for Norway, and what an opening goal by Caroline G Hansen. She grew up just a few hundred yards from Ullevaal stadium and this was her very first appearance at Norway's national stadium, and she celebrated it by scoring the most wonderful goal of dribbling brilliance after only 4 minutes.

Kristine Hegland scored the other three goals. One after a goalkeeping error, another after a nice chip over the keeper, and the third set up nicely by Hansen.

Highlights here:

http://tv2.no/video/?progId=756964
    (Let's hope it's not geoblocked)

11. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Caroline Hansen has already become one of my favourite players in the world for the next 10 years... :thumbsup:

12. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    So far there have been no surprises.
    Maybe Croatia will upset Germany to stir things up a bit. :)
    Ahhh, who am I kidding? That'll end up 11-0 on the scoreboard.

Come on, Faroe Islands, LETS GO.

13. gricio61

gricio61 Member

Aug 30, 2011
    bologna
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  14. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Croatia 1 Ireland 1
    Ireland salvage a point with a goal on 90+4, they definitely needed it to compete with Russia for the 2nd place in the group behind Germany.

15. amerinorsk59

amerinorsk59 Member

Mar 9, 2007
    Chicago area
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Thanks Bauser for the Norway update! Impressive indeed! Good to see IHer and CPed back too. Hansen is amazing!

16. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Results from today's qualifiers:

Poland def. Faroe Islands 6-0
    Scotland def. Bosnia and Herzegovina 7-0
    Croatia drew Republic of Ireland 1-1
    Portugal def. Greece 5-1
    Netherlands def. Albania 4-0
    Slovenia def. Slovakia 3-1
    Wales def. Belarus 1-0
    England def. Turkey 8-0
    Italy def. Romania 1-0
    Switzerland def. Iceland 2-0

17. Lusankya

Lusankya Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Important win for Switzerland. If they ever want to reach a big tournament, these are the matches they absolutely need to win.

debzy repped this.
  18. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    It was about time , this team have definitely the talent to do it , I will always wonder how they never qualified to world cups or Euro when teams clearly less talented did .
    I saw the Scotland-Bosnia game , even though Bosnia was good well organised (in relation to the talent at disposition) with the just determination (even too much sometimes ) it was not enough because Scotland was just impressive , technically they are among the best in Europe for sure , in my opinion just behind Germany , France , Norway , Sweden , at the same level than England , Denmark , Spain .
    Well , the best players delivered a great game , Little , Evans , Beattie showed one times again why they are among the most interesting young players not only in Europe but worldwide , however , who really impress me was Megan Sneddon the central midfielder , she was really good in covering team mates , her works is so precious for this team for the balance she allows them to have .
    Scotland is already very impressive but I know Fleeting is trying to comeback in the national team set up , I don't know what Signeul's plans are but with Julie up front , Little in midfield , Beattie in defense the Scots could beat Sweden (not forgetting Dieke) .

19. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    Heck yeah. I'm rooting for Switzerland. Would rather see Switzerland get to the WWC over Iceland.
    Great win for the Swiss.

20. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    #96 WPS_Movement, Sep 27, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
    Is this match archived? I would really like to see it, since Romania is a team that we never get to see, and Italy is also an intriguing team to watch as they continue to develop.

Here's some highlights, but not the full match:

http://www.rai.tv/dl/RaiTV/programm...t-648d0175-9ca4-439c-b989-22f9a3e5afb3&page=0

21. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    #97 WPS_Movement, Sep 27, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
    I was hoping this match would be archived here somewhere, but I'm not seeing it anywhere.
    Iceland has had some archived matches up before here in the past.

http://www.ruv.is/sarpurinn/stelpurnar-okkar-2013/02072013-0

[​IMG]

22. Lusankya

Lusankya Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The problem is their lack of consistency which prevents them from being in pot 2. During the EURO 2013 qualifying they lost to Romania and even Kazakhstan away! With those 6 points they would have been in front of Spain (or not because in such a scenario Spain probably would have won against Romania) and could have qualified to the EURO and also maybe they would have been in pot 2 for the next draw.

Well, they were lucky they only got Denmark from pot 1 this time, but they also need to beat those pot 4-6 teams to get a better seeding. The away win vs Iceland was a big step in the right direction. I also don't think they will lose any points vs Serbia, Israel and Malta. However their biggest rival for a pot 2 spot, Ukraine, also got a very easy group.

23. gricio61

gricio61 Member

Aug 30, 2011
    bologna
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I don't think the full match will be archived somewhere, anyway thank you for the highlights, I didn't find them by myself. Trust me, you didn't miss anything not watching that match live, poor performance from Italy, Romania parked the bus on purpose to get a point and nearly got it...the real match to follow in this group will be Spain-Italy at the end of October...

24. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Scotland- Bosnia goals