2014 Worldcup Kits

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Tiger12, Aug 20, 2013.

1. TaegukWarrior

TaegukWarrior Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I guess it's a preference thing, but for me, I much prefer stitched because I think it's got a much "bolder" look...it kinda sticks out more compared to just being like a flat sticky emblem on the shirt.

But the WORST thing about embroidered shirts are that after acouple of years, just because you put it through the wash, the embroidered emblem starts to piece away. It wrinkles, then cracks, then eventually just comes off the jersey and looks really worn out after a couple of years use. If I a picture of my 08 jersey, I'd show you but I'm in england right now...

'10s shirt held up REALLY well for me still...It fits my bizarre wide frame REALLY well, and although the '12 swirl away is my favorite I have yet to find a legit, reasonably priced shirt in my size ):

/sigh

MagnaSejong repped this.
  2. Dahmanegi

Dahmanegi Member

Apr 30, 2007
    Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I am so confused. I thought embroidery WAS stitching. Did Seol Korea switch his wording around and mean that they are reverting back to the printed emblems? Your example of the 08 jersey -- I have one too -- sounds like the printed emblems. Unless there were different versions of the jersey (I only have replica).

3. Chaminator

Chaminator Member+

Sep 7, 2010
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Functionally, I believe the print emblems were done so that there would be no irritation against the chest like how the back of the stitched emblems supposedly can (I personally never experienced this myself though, even when wearing nothing underneath...), and just to further reduce whatever miniscule bit of weight the stitched ones have.

As a replica though I definitely do prefer stitched ones as they stand more washes. I also have the '08-10 jerseys and the printed emblem on it does gradually deteriorate after a few washes (it begins with the gold trimming on the outer KFA emblem turning greenish). I find hand washing better to do with these, as you can lessen the contact with the prints yourself.

As for the new design... can't say I'm a big fan of it, but perhaps it'll look better in person and in action. It's already gaining the nickname of "backpack design" in various Korean communities by the way, due to that thick "shoulder strap" design... lol

[​IMG]

mvvm repped this.
  4. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
  5. COREANO

COREANO Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    yeah.... im sticking with my be the reds shirt

6. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    That kit is a piece of crap. As for embroidered (stitched) vs printed (plastic) crests, the '10 WC kits had embroidered emblems. I think the '12 did too but not quite sure.

Now that I think about it I'd rather have the KNT roll in the '12 Olympic jerseys than these silly Jansport designs. Wouldn't mind more history being made in that kit. :)

7. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    im usually fine with the kits. but this is probably the worst design. even our last plain red shirt was better than this. we ought to boycott it and say we "misplaced" these new ones. it looks so much like a training top.

8. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    It really looks like offbrand knockoff but those shoulder things are better than tiger stripes

9. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    i agree. i'm just hoping the away is a different design altogether. if we get a red and blue backpack strap.. :mad:

10. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010

[​IMG]

11. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    sadly prefer this shit
    [​IMG]

12. octavii

octavii Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I believe that was 2013's April Fools release.

I personally think that's the best looking KNT kit of all time.

13. BENJMNS

BENJMNS Member+

Jun 8, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Can't wait to pick one up. Love it. Hope the material is soft and stretchy. I like a form fitting fit like Adidas techfit.

14. djsun

djsun Member

Feb 13, 2006
    Germany
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Who knows, once we see the name/numbers printed and worn by the actual players then people will start to warm up to these.

Seol Korea repped this.
  15. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    If you're referring to the Replica version then yes.

This seems to be the case with some folks including myself, I remember how much I'd cringe seeing both the 06-08/08-10 kits when they were released, but as time passed on by it literally grew on me. One of the reason is the fact that seeing the team perform in it can literally change the views of how you'd normally just see the kit in stock photos, but of course that's just my two cents as some if not most will stick to what they feel.

seoulman9, wetcrispy and Chingoo repped this.
  16. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    Mr. Tan would approve of our kits

[​IMG]

17. nad1998

nad1998 Member

Dec 13, 2001
    Tacoma
    Korea's N98 jacket Link

[​IMG] [​IMG]

JoeKamel and heyheyhe11 repped this.
  18. BENJMNS

BENJMNS Member+

Jun 8, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Hoping they use a better softer material. Looks wise not much has changed. The one I have now is a bit stiff and rough to touch.

19. heyheyhe11

heyheyhe11 Member+

Oct 1, 2009
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    back in early 2010 when i first saw korea's n98 jacket both white and red ones, i really wanted those. i had a chance to get those when a local niketown had korea gear. that is until i saw the price. i believe it was 90 bucks. that was way too crazy. hell, all nike products are priced high to have me think about twice or three time over before i buy it. and now those new n98 jackets are priced at 100 bucks? yikes. i certainly can buy it. but i am not well off and i feel i can use the hundred bucks in a better way. i'll keep eye on it in case it gets cheap. i do have two n98 jackets (a regular black and white one) i bought at footlocker online store for heavily discount priced and i must admit that i am not really fan for n98 jackets. they're thin and it's not for winter weather.

i'll reserve judgement until i see the new kits in person or on any of the national team player. but the new n98 jackets are now in their third generation and the design is boring now. it was cool back in 2010 when nike first showed off. but again, it's boring. time to have new jacket design. here are the two previous n98 design.

2010 versions
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2012 versions
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

red & wite army and Dahmanegi repped this.
  20. djsun

djsun Member

Feb 13, 2006
    Germany
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I saw these in person the other day. They look a bit softer than the 2010 versions. If I were still living in the US then I'd buy one of these, but living in Korea it's just "meh, not a must buy". It's weird.

21. heyheyhe11

heyheyhe11 Member+

Oct 1, 2009
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Anyone feel that these n98 jackets design is boring now? Nike does third straight n98 jackets with no modification. Just straight up same design. Are n98 popular by the masses? I don't get it. If it is, then why mess with something that works?

And btw, I maybe be in stuck in 1993 Korea. But are ppl seriously paying over 10만원 for these jackets? Korea surely have come a long way.

22. JoeKamel

JoeKamel Member

Jan 22, 2008
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I like the N98 style compared to Nike soccer track jackets in the past. I'm a fan of the stuff collar that stays up if you want it up.

I can see how people get bored with it though. Unless you start messing with designs within the body and not just the trim and name on the back, it is going to limited in terms of what you can do with it.

23. djsun

djsun Member

Feb 13, 2006
    Germany
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Koreans have no problem spending 100만원 for a $600 Canada Goose Jacket.

24. heyheyhe11

heyheyhe11 Member+

Oct 1, 2009
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

looks like a jackass wearing these
    [​IMG]

25. bozambreaker

bozambreaker Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I dont think this is that terrible. I have a bigger problem when they use a weird shade of red. The 2010 red was perfect and should be the one they always use.

jinseokyang and skimmilk repped this.