2014 WC Qualifying - Back on Track!

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by Orange14, Jun 17, 2012.

1. onzie77

onzie77 Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    May 18, 2012
    miami
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    yeah my bad, i meant to his girlfriend, or wife, they have kids together, and then because of that, she also released it to german news stations and such. So yes, it is very bad.

2. Quackmore

Quackmore Member

Jun 5, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Those same kids who pick Barcelona after I pick FC Groningen :cry:

3. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I dont play online much. I played a few games online years back & saw people quitting mid-way plus there is little emotion when you have no idea about the other game. And I dont like playing with the pc.

I only play when I get to visit my cousins which is like once in many months. Its fun. Its way more fun to play when the person is next to you. When I was younger,I used to sometimes push the other person's gamebad away if he was getting too bad & score.

4. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Turkey are pants and it was a huge embarrassment for Belgium they did not manage to finish ahead of them. They have about 2-3 decent players.

5. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Dost over De Jong at CF?

6. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    My team, for your mocking pleasure :D

----------------------------Krul------------------------
    Van Der Wiel------Douglas----Viergever------Pieters
    ------------------Fer-----------Clasie------------------
    Narsingh-------------Van Persie-------------Ola John
    ------------------------De Jong-------------------------

7. Dutch Treat

Dutch Treat Member

May 6, 2005
    Amsterdam|Alphen a/d Rijn
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    New rumor : According to Henk Spaan ( Parool ) the story about Huntelaar being to told to shut up or else leave the hotel is true and just the tip of the iceberg. He got his info from two insiders who said Huntelaar was the main reason for upset in the team.
    They also noted that BvM won't be selecting Huntelaar anymore if he keeps his job.
    Then Gijs van Oosten from the Associated Press Services comes out and says that it might be a good thing to take into account that Henk Spaan and van Persie are good friends.

True or not, this whole thing is going to get nasty and it pisses me off. All these rumors... I want to know what happened. They're not playing for their club, but the National team. Imo we have the right to know what happened.

8. Falcon_11

Falcon_11 Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Heavy stuff man, we'll see how it all unfolds.

9. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Who cares. They're all angry at each other because they had a terrible tournament. If they'd won three games they'd be the best of mates. That's how things go in football.

The Potter, BaritoPutra and Orange14 repped this.
  10. Dutch Treat

Dutch Treat Member

May 6, 2005
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I think things were wrong way before the tournament.

11. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    According to this rumor van Marwijk cares and when he cares I will start to care about it. I now want to know if van Marwijk is indeed not going to call up Huntelaar again if he stays coach. That is a huge indication.

12. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    As has been said, Henk Spaan would legally adopt Van Persie if he could. So I would take whatever he says about Huntelaar with a truckload of salt.

13. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Henk Spaan is a clown who's wrong more often than not.

14. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    They're professionals. They don't have to love each other to play in a team together. Far too much is made of this yet again.

15. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    This is the problem in the Dutch football media. Each journalist pretty much serves as a mouthpiece for a specific player or club. You need to do a lot of reading between the lines.

16. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I still remember how he went flat on his face in 2002 with a claim. Then he had the audacity to give players and people ratings and gave himself a 2. If this turns out to be another nonsense story I have no idea how he can continue to do his job at "Het Parool". Either way, I would like van Marwijk sitting at one of the 2 evening shows just telling his story, of what he thinks that went wrong and I would like to see some tough questions also involved around general fitness. Stage a seen with Raymond Verheijen across the table and we will have this debate.

17. vagegast

vagegast Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Herndon, VA
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Source?

18. onzie77

onzie77 Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    May 18, 2012
    miami
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  19. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    DRB - thanks for the Jonathan Wilson link; he is the author of a fine book on football tactics, "Inverting the Pyramid: a history of football tactics." It's worth adding to your library!

20. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I bought it 2 times by accident :)

But have only read the Dutch chapter so far :laugh:

I just have difficulty to focus on anything outside my NT. :ROFLMAO:

21. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    PS

I posted the article, because with me there does exist the need to do something special again. To stun the world with great football by the Dutch NT. My aesthetic cravings start to increase or are starved to death by van Marwijk. However you look at it.

However it's maybe good to also do something in the area of managing the expectations. Maybe the writer has a point is what I mean. Club football and NT football are not on the same level at the moment and maybe never will be anymore. Plus that it has more conservative tendency's. The last WC was horrible quality wise. Really horrible. I am not sure this Euro is so much better because of the quality in absolute terms, or that it is a relative matter after using that WC 2010 as reference in the back of everybody's mind.

Dutch Treat repped this.
  22. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^it's fun watching the Czechs go straight at Portugal and expose them. They haven't quite had the shot on goal but it points out what I said prior to our match with Portugal, they are a flawed team. Unfortunately, we cannot defend like the Czechs and had such a screwed up formation that just getting the one goal was a Pyrrhic victory.

23. Dutch Treat

Dutch Treat Member

May 6, 2005
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Yes they are pro's. That is why I was expecting less of this crap. DO they have to love eachother? No.
    But they need to be pro's. It is not rocket sience. I've had difficult decisions to make in my line of work. Of course there were people who I had a hard time cooping with, but you always have to keep in mind the bigger picture and try to keep your ego to a minimum. Learn to work with eachother no matter what.
    The same applies to the NT. I really get the feeling BvM didn't have control of the situation. Not that it is something new, but just the fact that it isn't the coach should know better.

In the end it's bad decision making which hurt us. Selections, people management, tactics and bad subs. Both the team and the coach are at fault here.

You don't care about that it seems. I do.
    I'm pissed and I want to know what happenend. There was something nasty going on in the NT. I want to get to the root of it all so we can eliminate it from happening again.
    Yeah, I'm an idealist. Feck me.

24. Dutch Treat

Dutch Treat Member

May 6, 2005
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Going down in a fashionable way always beats going down in a negative way.
    Some were advocating result oriented footy. I'll admit that I was with you in 2010 WC.
    It didn't deliver.
    And 2012 is something I want to forget asap.

I want our football back.