2014 WC Brasil - CONCACAF WCQ opponents watch [all R's]

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by TimB4Last, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I meant it as.. Mexico have no real argument to leave for CONMEBOL if they didn't even finish as the best in our Confederation. No Knock on Mexico, I think they're the best, but they are in no way a big fish in a small pond compared to Australia. They're clubs yes, Internationally they punch above others countries weights in our region, but when it comes to Qualifying lol.. We don't see that same killer Mexico, but hay if De La Torre can prove to all of us he changed that away mental fortitude of the Mexican NT than I'd be more than gladly to eat crow. I still <3 u

2. Paul Calixte

Paul Calixte Moderator
    Staff Member

Orlando City SC
    Apr 30, 2009
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Then they can help themselves...

https://www.bigsoccer.com/soccer/usafan12/2012/10/29/on-american-integration-getting-rid-of-concacaf/

Sadly, throughout the Americas, the media tend to be willfully ignorant of how these things work (see: Faitelson hoping for a future Pan-American confederation without the Caribbean, without any argument as to why that's politically feasible).

3. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    link?

Pajaro Negro repped this.
  4. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    They were talking about it (twice) in TV shows dealing with Mexican Futbol (I watch them on streams, often follow the Sunday Liga MX games). Anyway, after watching I found them again on the sites of the big Televisoras. Example:

http://msnlatino.telemundo.com/videos/titulares_y_mas/?sort_video_show_popular=all

You have to scroll at the bottom. Title is "México a la CONMEBOL."

El Videoblog de Karim.

"Mexico must leave CONCACAF and move to the CONMEBOL. That's it, ladies and gentlemen. Enough of going to the World Cups so easily, without any suffering. That only hurts the development of the game in our country..."

There are more links on Univision, but keep in mind that they are videos, so they keep changing them (they are organized by date, so the videos published a few days ago are gone). Also, they are all in Spanish, that's why I didn't link them here.

5. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    they can talk all they want. it doesn't mean that's what the FMF wants or is thinking about at the moment. the fact is everyone disrespects concacaf and deemed as an easy qualifier zone.

nothing to see here just another ramble from idiots in the media.

6. Lukato

Lukato Member+

Sep 7, 2012
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
  7. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Is not based in Mexico, but it's most definitely aimed at Mexicans (in the USA).

As I said, I heard about this on TV shows on Mexican channels. Thing is, neither TV Azteca, Univision nor Televisa keep videos of these shows. Since I didn't record (and yes, I know how to record streams), I don't have the evidence. Not everything is on the Internet.

8. Goodbye Orbit

Goodbye Orbit Member

Nov 28, 2012
    You must know something I dont, does Telemundo even have Mexicans on their shows? Funny, my folks never watch the channel because its not aimed towards them. Only turn to the channel when Mexico is playing and they have Mexico's number one fan, Cantor.

9. Goodbye Orbit

Goodbye Orbit Member

Nov 28, 2012
    I guess they assume Mexico is the same as beating central american teams. I can't wait till they visit Azteca and sh1t the bed again. I'd like to see what excuses are then. Hey this is fun guise!!!1!!

10. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    someones jimmies are rustled. lemonkeyface.jpg

gonna rage reply me again or?

...In my defense repped this.
  11. Goodbye Orbit

Goodbye Orbit Member

Nov 28, 2012
    Boy, let me tell you just how rustled I am ....I simply copied your post , with minor adjustments. I thought we were joking, unless , here me out, unless ,still with me?, unless your original post came with a rustled jimmies due to the "Mexican Media".

12. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    well played sir.. well played. if in doubt, pinkies out.

13. Dr. Gamera

Dr. Gamera Member+

Oct 13, 2005
    Wheaton, Maryland
    soccersubjectively repped this.
  14. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    ...In my defense repped this.
  15. Dr. Gamera

Dr. Gamera Member+

Oct 13, 2005
    Wheaton, Maryland
    Meanwhile, in San José, Costa Rica, in the 2013 Copa Centroamericana, Costa Rica 2-0 Nicaragua, El Salvador 0-0 Panama. (In neither-team-in-the-hex action, Belize 0-0 Guatemala.)

TimB4Last repped this.
  16. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    More scores ...

Costa Rica 1-1 Guatemala
    Panama 1-1 Honduras

Qualified for Gold Cup ...

A1 Costa Rica
    A2 Belize
    B1 Honduras
    B2 El Salvador

Playoff for 5th and last Gold Cup slot ...

A3 Guatemala v B3 Panama [Friday, January 25]

Crossover semifinals will also be played on Friday; 3rd place match and final on Sunday]

Honduras v Belize
    Costa Rica v El Salvador

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Copa_Centroamericana

17. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
  18. Dr. Gamera

Dr. Gamera Member+

Oct 13, 2005
    Wheaton, Maryland
    The stunning result is Belize qualifying directly to the Gold Cup with a 2-1 victory over Nicaragua, along with Guatemala's failure to defeat Costa Rica. Whatever happens in the rest of the Copa Centroamericana and the Gold Cup, the Jaguars have their best-ever result, and have made Belize proud.

The other point of interest is that El Salvador qualified to the Gold Cup on a coin flip, sending Panama to the fifth-place playoff against Guatemala.

19. Dr. Gamera

Dr. Gamera Member+

Oct 13, 2005
    Wheaton, Maryland
    Highlights (inaccurately titled) from the (admittedly tangential) Belize-Nicaragua game. Don't miss the Nicaraguan defender who commits a blunder and then gives up on the play way too early.

ImaPuppy, Neuwerld and EXALIFTIN repped this.
  20. Dr. Gamera

Dr. Gamera Member+

Oct 13, 2005
    Wheaton, Maryland
    All right, all right, highlights from teams that are actually in the hex (though it's not how many of these particular players we'll see in the hex.) First, Costa Rica 1-1 Guatemala:

ImaPuppy and EXALIFTIN repped this.
  21. Dr. Gamera

Dr. Gamera Member+

Oct 13, 2005
    Wheaton, Maryland
    Panama 1-1 Honduras (in San José, Costa Rica, as are all the 2013 Copa Centroamericana matches):

EXALIFTIN repped this.
  22. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    It wasn't a coin flip they drew names and positions publicly which is hopefully a growing trend in CONCACAF

ImaPuppy, tab5g, Paul Calixte and 2 others repped this.
  23. Clenbuterol

Clenbuterol Red Card

Aug 25, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    I still think they marked the balls or something. :D

24. tab5g

tab5g Member+

May 17, 2002
    That draw makes me thirsty.

Atouk, ImaPuppy and Suyuntuy repped this.
  25. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    After all these years, the UNCAF is still a Ticos vs. Catrachos affair. Hope the Canaleros beat the Chapines: they are the better team, and a tougher test in the Gold Cup.