2014 Trialist Thread

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by vjle, Jan 27, 2014.

1. blurryblue

blurryblue Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    We haven't seen Barklage yet so I don't think Gorlitz has quite taken his spot but I would guess that he gets signed as depth at RB. Otsemobor is a goner. I also suspect Baena could make the roster ... I'd like to see him paired with Pierazzi in the next preseason game.

2. due time

due time Member+

Mar 1, 1999
    Santa Clara
    Keep Baena and JJ Kovar. Drop Walmart.

Gorlitz is a lock at this point.

Seismothusiast, DotMPP and evade6317 repped this.
  3. evade6317

evade6317 Member+

Jun 27, 2007
    Savannah, GA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know it's only one half of one game, but if Barklage is better than Gorlitz, we need to sign Gorlitz anyway and have him play RM. His cross was perfect, his defense solid, and he took the ball into the opposing box twice I believe. He reminded me of 2008 Frankie Hedjuk minus the cool hair.

4. evade6317

evade6317 Member+

Jun 27, 2007
    Savannah, GA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FYI, I'm coining it right here. Once signed, he will be known as San Andreas Gorlitz.

You're welcome.

markmcf8 and DotMPP repped this.
  5. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is that an homage to Q's father Andreas? ;)

GO SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES!!! :cool:

-G

6. SJTillIDie

SJTillIDie Member+

Aug 23, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i wouldn't say he won the starting job but he looked great... I would definitely be in favor of signing him up. that cross to lenny in the 11th minute was filthy!

evade6317 repped this.
  7. evade6317

evade6317 Member+

Jun 27, 2007
    Savannah, GA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That cross was a highlight, but there were a number of things he did individually as a defender and attacker that really stood out to me. He has a lot of quality in his game and still has the pace to be effective in MLS.

Like I said, I would be for him being the starting RM, I think he's that good.

I know it was only one game, but he really stood out in it.

SJTillIDie and JazzyJ repped this.
  8. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
    Yeah, as I said previously, he wasn't just good, I thought he was the best player on the field in the 1st half, and there were lots of starters on both teams in there.

evade6317 repped this.
  9. SeaJayBee

SeaJayBee Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Saratoga
    Our German exchange student (a kid who played for the Bayern Academy a couple years ago) and a big Bayern fan said he knows of Gorlitz who he thought was a really solid RB. Gorlitz played for Bayern's first team a decade ago and, I guess has slowed a bit as he played second division last year. Also has a couple of caps for Germany which is wuite an accomplishment.

Sounds like very deep technical skill and experience. I think he might be stronger than (dare it say it) Beita?

10. DotMPP

DotMPP 'Quakes fan in Stumptown

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jun 29, 2004
    SE Portland, OR
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When I initially whined about him being 31, it was regarding how long he'd be with us, rather than his skill level.

Make Beita happy and we have the RB solved for years, but now it looks like we have RB solved for a season or two. Maybe more if he doesn't get injured.

markmcf8 repped this.
  11. blurryblue

blurryblue Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Yeah agreed. He might be better than Barklage, there are still some preseason games to figure that out. Trying him out at right mid sounds like a really good idea, though not sure it's one that Watson will realize...

markmcf8 repped this.
  12. willykirk

willykirk Member

Jan 6, 2004
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. Marinquake

Marinquake Member

May 26, 2011
    Marin
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gorlitz took a step back last night. SeaJayBea was right when he said speed was Gorlitz problem in Germany last year. Still looks like solid depth.With the goal by Buena, he continues to make a push for a roster spot. Got to be happy with the trialist additions, sorry i can't say the same for the clubs actual signings (or lack there of)