2014 Spring Schedule

Discussion in 'Indy Eleven' started by newtex, Dec 19, 2013.

1. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    The NASL Spring schedule is out:
    http://www.nasl.com/index.php?id=3&newsid=6054

It is just a 9 game schedule for the Spring which means some teams only get four home games. The Eleven get five.

The Indy schedule:

Home team first, all times are Eastern

Saturday, April 12 Indy Eleven v. Carolina RailHawks 7:30 pm
    Saturday, April 119 Indy Eleven v. Tampa Bay Rowdies 7:30 pm

Saturday, April 26 Fort Lauderdale Strikers v. Indy Eleven 7:30 pm
    Saturday, May 3 Minnesota United FC v. Indy Eleven TBA
    Saturday, May 10 Indy Eleven v. FC Edmonton 7:30 pm
    Saturday, May 17 Indy Eleven v. Ottawa Fury FC 7:30 pm

Saturday, May 24 New York Cosmos v. Indy Eleven 7:00 pm
    Saturday, May 31 Indy Eleven v. San Antonio Scorpions 7:30 pm
    Saturday, June 7 Atlanta Silverbacks v. Indy Eleven 7:30 pm

2. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I live in Houston but I grew up near Muncie, IN. I'm excited to get back up to Indiana for a game or two this season. What have people heard about ticket sales for the Inaugural game? I'd really like to get to that game or the 2nd one.

3. Daniel the Bricker

Feb 5, 2013
    Indianapolis
    individual ticket sales info is being released in january. i knwo that they are sellign inaguaral tickets in holiday packages already though

4. evilmonkeycmand

Jun 29, 2011
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I won't make the trip up to Indiana solely for a soccer game, but I'll probably go to the fall season game in San Antonio.

5. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Thanks. I'll check into that.

6. BringSoccerToIndy

May 24, 2008
    1001 West New York Street, Indianapolis, IN
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's exciting just to see the schedule and set the dates in my calendar. 9 games seems like a little bit of a tease but it's still going to be great to see a packed house watching soccer in Indianapolis.

7. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Still checking every day to see if they are selling single game tickets yet. Have any of the Season Ticket Holders heard about a window for buying single game tickets to the opening game? I don't want to buy a plane ticket until I have a game ticket.

8. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    nope. the last email i got didn't say anything about single game tickets. why don't you just email the club and ask? in my experience they will get back to you quickly.

9. xfactor9600

xfactor9600 Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Indiana
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I recently moved and called to change my address for season ticket delivery. They called me back within 24 hours.

I cannot wait for the season to start.

10. Otergod

Otergod Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    indianapolis
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    more games included in the fall as well ;)

11. 9June1862

9June1862 Member

Chicago Fire
    Oct 18, 2009
    Watching IUPUI vs IPFW last night made me wonder if there has been any discussion of locally televising Eleven games. 'course I'll be there in person, but just wondering...

12. Daniel the Bricker

Feb 5, 2013
    Indianapolis
    There is already a tv deal with MyIndy tv for all home games and select away games this season

13. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Wooo Hoooo!!! I got game tickets for April 12! I can't wait to be there!

jeffcoop repped this.
  14. jeffcoop

jeffcoop BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 11, 2006
    Central Indiana
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Carroll Stadium is still covered in snow, but a warm weekend should change that. Getting closer ... five weeks to go.

15. Otis Campbell

Otis Campbell Member

Jan 17, 2014
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    I just drove by the staduim and they were working on both the suites on the north side and the bleachers in the east end zone. We are getting close.

jeffcoop repped this.
  16. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    i am unimpressed that they're charging $11 for a preseason game, let alone a game against an outfit no one has ever heard of. i wonder what they're going to want for tix to the iu game in april.

17. Otis Campbell

Otis Campbell Member

Jan 17, 2014
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    What price would impress you? Think about the team name, they have already done many things highlighting the name.

In reality this game is opening a new venue, they are only selling 1,000 tickets and some of the money goes to youth soccer.

You won't be impress....the IU game tickets are $11, available only to season ticket holders.

18. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    except the game is at westfield high school. it's not at carroll. and it's an exhibition game. why are exhibition tickets more expensive than a lot of your actual game tickets? if anything, why not give tickets away and suggest a donation to the soccer programs if you're trying to build your brand?

for a game at carroll, i can understand charging for tickets, but again, i'd hope they're not more expensive than regular season tickets. these matches should be about getting people in the seats to get to know the team. if it's going to cost as much as a regular season game, why not wait for the real thing?

that being said, i'll go to the iu game because it's two of my teams playing, but i won't be happy if i have to pay $11 per ticket.

19. Otis Campbell

Otis Campbell Member

Jan 17, 2014
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Giving tickets away? They have sold 7,000 season tickets and have a good chance to sell out every game. I would say they are off to a pretty good start at building a brand. The $11 cost continues the 11 theme.

20. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001
    Good thing the Indy 500 doesn't charge for tickets that way.

21. jeffcoop

Jul 11, 2006
    Central Indiana
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you think the $11 per ticket fee is unreasonable, the answer is simple: don't go. Eleven dollars is cheaper than all but a small number of regular season seats (the BYB section, which is standing, and the top rows of the opposite end); it's considerably cheaper than most regular season seats will be.

22. jeffcoop

Jul 11, 2006
    Central Indiana
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I ran by the stadium on Monday. The stand at the east end was well underway, they looked to be just starting work on the BYB stand at the west end, and the tents for the suites were up. There's still work to be done, obviously, and Carroll is never going to be an ideal home, but things are taking shape.

23. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    i just got 2 more tix for opening day in section 113. i wonder how many tickets they have left.

24. irish56

irish56 Member+

Oct 30, 2006
    indy
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm still waiting to hear what the 15th game will be.

25. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    they just released an updated faq. the 15th game will be a friendly or us open cup game. i bet we will have to wait for the cup draw to see what it will be.