2014 Season Tickets

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by 15 to 32, Oct 16, 2013.

1. elkaholic

elkaholic Member+

May 28, 2009
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We have a gift for last season? I must have missed it.

2. Allez RSL

Allez RSL Member+

Jun 20, 2007
    Home
    Sure you think it'd be cool to have him around at the tailgate, gettin' loaded and making up songs and stuff, but before you know it, he'll be lobbying to have Plata declassified as a player because he's too small.

15 to 32, acima, jessyca and 5 others repped this.
  3. RoyalNonesuch

RoyalNonesuch Member+

May 10, 2009
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm in the same boat with the gift, and should have 5 glasses. My ticket rep seems to change every 3 months. Let me know what options they give you and I'll follow up at the next game when it's less likely to be a zoo.

4. nfc1432

nfc1432 Member

Nov 3, 2010
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Would that mean his salary wouldn't hit the cap? Would we get to add another player on the field (XI + Plata)? That would be interesting. FIFA could go away from # of players on the field and go with a total maximum team height on the field. Think how valuable Plata and Rimando could be.

5. TheBiff

TheBiff Member+

Apr 8, 2011
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I'm suddenly picturing LA Galaxy being swarmed by loads of midgets and toddlers in RSL shirts.

6. elkaholic

elkaholic Member+

May 28, 2009
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mail came...still no tickets. Guess I will be using flash seats or emailed tickets tomorrow.

7. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    have you called/emailed your rep?

8. elkaholic

elkaholic Member+

May 28, 2009
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep, this afternoon - evidently mine didn't get out in the first wave of tickets. I got the email tickets for the first 2 games, but should have the real ones before the 04/19 game.

9. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The gifts arrived during the playoffs after we were done with the home games.

10. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Post of the year.

BalanceUT and Allez RSL repped this.
  11. Allez RSL

Allez RSL Member+

Jun 20, 2007
    Home
    Except for you and one other person, it's not getting a lot of love. I must have touched a raw nerve on all the Pluto-lovers on the board. Get over it, Plutophiles, it's gone and your sulking isn't going to bring it back. You big babies.

15 to 32 repped this.
  12. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Jul 21, 2008
    Layton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't hear you! La, la, la, la! #PlanetPlutoOrBust

Allez RSL repped this.
  13. Speedybacon

Speedybacon Member

Feb 1, 2007
    Orem, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I did get my tickets today! I like the player per ticket thing. A lot better than plain old tickets. I am hoping to keep all the tickets and make a plaque or something.

14. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In theory you could just turn your tickets into flash tickets. Then you could keep your tickets all pristine!

15. TheBiff

TheBiff Member+

Apr 8, 2011
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Or sell the useless tickets to scalpers so you can grab a burrito during halftime

16. WasatchDuck

WasatchDuck Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Downtown
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    What is the STH ticket exchange?

17. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I could be wrong, but I assume that's for using your tickets on exchange dates. There's something like 3-4 game days, where if for some reason you missed a home game, you can exchange that missed game for a free ticket on one of the exchange dates. So if you had 2 season tickets, and had to miss a game for whatever reason, you can exchange those tickets for a game on one of the exchange dates. That way you could go to that game yourself, and if you exchanged 2x tickets you could bring 2 friends, or family members, or whatever to that game. They try and match them up to the same section or price range, but as long as the game isn't sold out, you can get however many tickets to the game date.

I haven't had to use it much myself, but I did learn last year when I had missed a game, that you're only supposed to exchange 1 missed game for 1 missed ticket at a time. Me and my brother weren't able to catch the USOC games the bonus tickets were for, and were able to haggle them for 4x tickets for the last exchange date and have a few friends go for free.

It's a pretty sweet setup overall, and iirc, if you're one of the fancy west end people that pays a ton of cash for tickets, you actually get unlimited exchange dates, and aren't subject to the normal exchange games like a 'regular' person.

18. WasatchDuck

WasatchDuck Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Downtown
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Ah I see.

What about the "Bonus Tickets" for this year since it's very possible we won't host a USOC game?

Do those just go to waste, what else could they be used for?

19. goobx1

goobx1 Member+

Jul 9, 2007
    Salt Lake
    Reserve matches. And yes I know they are free but maybe most people will buy it.

Allez RSL repped this.
  20. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess it depends on how they choose to do it. I know past years they said if we didn't make playoffs, that bonus game ticket would be refunded towards next years season ticket purchase. I would gather that any unused tickets for games not played would go towards that. Granted this could change at any moment.

21. Taragui

Taragui Member+

Aug 13, 2006
    Northern Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    I know the stance the FO has, but I still miss some of those early friendlies: Boca, Everton, Morelia, etc.

Boz repped this.
  22. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Especially Everton. There were all kinds of Everton fans who sat around us with arrogant certainty of what the outcome would be.