2014 Season Tickets

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by 15 to 32, Oct 16, 2013.

1. RoyalNonesuch

RoyalNonesuch Member+

May 10, 2009
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yay mine finally arrived.

I live at a polygamist compound near the Dream Mine in Southern Utah County...and I don't trust my wives and prophets and stuff, so I had them delivered to 15To32's apartment address, and got there early yesterday to yoink them before his deadbeat neighbors snagged them used them for rolling doobies.

rslfanboy, TheBiff, Lizzie Bee and 5 others repped this.
  2. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I need to remember to check my mail. They weren't there Monday, and I was sick and didn't want to walk across the complex yesterday.

I'm going to assume if they aren't there they'll just make Sat a flex ticket?

3. goobx1

goobx1 Member+

Jul 9, 2007
    Salt Lake
    Ours came today. Weird seeing section 25 and not 3.

New & improved, larger flag almost ready for Saturday. Should be a good one. Found an old golf ball retriever at the DI for 3 bucks.

Lizzie Bee and 15 to 32 repped this.
  4. TheBiff

TheBiff Member+

Apr 8, 2011
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I'm so glad I have internet again.

BalanceUT repped this.
  5. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I forgot @goobx1 moved from section 3. It was always nice looking a section over and seeing your stuff. I guess now I won't have to look behind me and can see you from across the field.

6. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will (literally) look down on all of you in section 25.

That annoying guy who keeps yelling at the top of your section with a "soccer accent", as my wife calls it... yeah, that's not me.

7. 2nd Mouse

2nd Mouse Member+

Apr 11, 2012
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I forgot to mention that there are usually a few guys standing at the metal table right behind you. They spend most of the game pounding on the table and yelling nasties at the refs and other team. Prolly should have said something but it slipped my mind.

On second thought, you'll likely get to know them and become fast friends by halftime on Saturday. :D

Lizzie Bee repped this.
  8. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    there was a guy in 14 that had a really thick eastern european accent that did something similar. I loved the guy. So I look forward to meeting these guys so long as they aren't too over the top

9. goobx1

goobx1 Member+

Jul 9, 2007
    Salt Lake
    You are too kind.

My wife is putting the finishing touches on my new flag. I gave away the two big red, yellow, and blue flags I had the last couple years. One went to an RSL fan in Portland that I will be looking for on TV and the other to Lizzybee at the airport when the team came back from KC.

My new flag is a little bigger. About 8x12. Should be easily seen from anywhere in the stadium.

Have enough fabric for another one the same size or a couple smaller ones. Getting excited for Saturday.

Lizzie Bee, Ismitje and 15 to 32 repped this.
  10. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You've inspired me, @goobx1 to bring my big lion flag to the game this weekend.
    Hopefully the mice haven't eaten it all up

11. WasatchDuck

WasatchDuck Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Downtown
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    So anyone know why RSL's season ticket 'package' is just a loose envelope with the tickets inside them? I was looking at other clubs sites and such and some have really nice boxes that open with all sorts of little stuff to go along with it - like the Timbers have a fake tree stump that unzips with all your tickets and other random goodies inside - has it always been like this for RSL?

Just curious is all.

12. TheBiff

TheBiff Member+

Apr 8, 2011
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Just got mine!

Yeah, it's always been like this.

13. RSL GO YES

RSL GO YES Member

Feb 6, 2013
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    $

15 to 32 repped this.
  14. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Jul 21, 2008
    Layton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Houston STH's got a free subscription for MLS Live. But hey, we set attendance records last year!

15 to 32 and BalanceUT repped this.
  15. GoRSL

GoRSL Member+

Jan 7, 2013
    47.615587, -122.200340
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Hey -- just understand it's not about what DLH can do for you - it's about all that you can do for DLH. And for the extra furniture and landscaping for his house in Oceanside.

16. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Serious question rather than an attempt to revisit the new discount shenanigans: do other teams give their STH steep discounts on merchandise in the team store?

17. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If anything, it seems like the overall package is better for some of the teams.

I still don't have my gift from last year because they won't ship it, and I'm being told I can't pick it up on a game day 'because it's glass'. It's just frustrating because I'm going to have to try and convince them to let me get it on a game day if I show up earlier, but then I have to have the time to even get there early enough. What bugs me the most is that I swear you can buy glasses and things from the team store on game day, so I really don't get what their issue is. It also didn't help that they waited to even get us a gift until after the season was essentially over.

18. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    Instruct them to let someone here pick them up for you. Say, perhaps, me. The FO knows me pretty well, and I can arrange to get them to you. Lizzie knows them pretty well too. If you're making it to the home opener, there's a home brew appreciation event going on beforehand and those glasses would be quite handy for the event…..

Anyhow, PM if you're interested in lining something up. Talk to your STH rep about making arrangements.

BalanceUT and Lizzie Bee repped this.
  19. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would hope everyone knows who Neil DeGrasse Tyson is. ;) I may have to take you up on this. We'll be riding frontrunner/trax, and iirc it gets to the Sandy stop at 1:20? Probably not quite early enough for some drinks.

20. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think bitching about the extras in your STH package is a bit weak. We have some really good prices when you look around at other clubs and the reason we buy them (unless I'm over assuming) is to see the team...

Would it be nice to have it come in a cool package? To have some cool gift we didn't get 3/4 of the way through the season? To have a discount at the team store that didn't have small print? Obviously.

But, first and foremost, you buy those tickets to go to the game. The pain in the ass of having to buy individual seats compared to the one lump of season tickets is worth it alone, to me. I've done the buy a single ticket game for each game route. it sucked balls

BalanceUT, RoyalNonesuch and RSL GO YES repped this.
  21. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Jul 21, 2008
    Layton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I work across the freeway from the stadium. I can swing by during lunch and pick it up for you, and then toss it in the mail. Let me know if you need any help picking it up. I've done this for other people and haven't had any problems.

22. Taragui

Taragui Member+

Aug 13, 2006
    Northern Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Do you have enough of those $10 vouchers to be able make that kind of sacrifice?

23. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Jul 21, 2008
    Layton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd be picking up his STH gift. But if you want to donate a $10 voucher to me, I'll gladly accept it.

24. Speedybacon

Speedybacon Member

Feb 1, 2007
    Orem, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I still didn't get my tickets in the mail.... And i didn't even know about a season ticket holder gift from last season.

25. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    call your ticket rep asap
    that's simply unacceptable. If you have a twitter account, tweet the RSL handle asap. if not, send an email to the people here: http://www.realsaltlake.com/club/front-office