2014 Season Ticket Pricing

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by NUFC Fan, Aug 26, 2013.

1. NUFC Fan

NUFC Fan Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    Cbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Feels like premiere east didn't rise.

2. thumabr

thumabr Member

Jun 28, 2013
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Are actual seat backs even worth baking in the sun over on the east side?

3. NUFC Fan

NUFC Fan Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    Cbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Is being shaded in the winter months worth $400 more for 2 seats? It's really only a half where there's someone a problem.

Actually games have been really temperate this year. Ask me after Saturday though.

4. NUFC Fan

NUFC Fan Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    Cbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I bothered to look and do the math. Face value per ticket went up $5 for sec106. But went up $36 per seat for season tickets ($2 per). Which is double the increase from 2011 to 2012. (414 to 432 to 468)

5. Hamburgler03

Hamburgler03 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 31, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    South End tickets stayed the same ($234 for 18-games)

6. CrewV Man

CrewV Man Member+

Aug 18, 2011
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very happy with the ticket prices. After the crap season, some nice new seats are in order.
    I have been sitting on the East side for 4 years now. Wear a hat and sunglasses for the first 30 minutes and you will be fine. It is much better than being blocked by the rain guards on the benches on the west side.

NUFC Fan repped this.
  7. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, you can get the "Center Circle Club Plus" or "Premier East Plus" which includes a parking pass and a $15 food/beverage credit per match.

The funny thing? Center Circle Club includes a parking pass for the same lot for $15 less, according to the "18-match individual price." It would be interesting to see how much the "Plus" tickets actually do cost. The way this season is going, the pessimist easily says "oh wow...you pay $10 or $15 for a $15 food voucher. Yippie skippy."

One of the benefits? The ability to *purchase* the same seat for MLS Cup Playoffs. It looks like our Special Game next year will be against a European team, making us buy tickets for any game with any semblance of importance.

8. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's made more sense than selling the first playoff game as part of the package, IMHO. The potential refund hassle/setting up a last second game wasn't worth it. Yeah, I know everyone is going to say we should always make the playoffs. But that's more of a gamble with the larger league than back when the league was much smaller and most teams made it. Soon, most won't.

9. cleazer

cleazer Member+

May 6, 2003
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    single game prices

center circle - 48
    premier east - 35
    lower sideline - 30
    upper deck - 25
    north end - 26
    south end - 23

center circle - 55
    premier east - 43
    lower sideline - 34
    upper deck - 29
    north end - 29
    south end - 23

Someone double check, I might have gotten some of those 2013 prices wrong. Looks like the gap between season ticket prices and game day prices will be evn bigger next year, giving people more of an incentive to buy season tickets.

10. C-bus

C-bus Member

Aug 2, 2006
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Someone should tell the FO that this move is working against their 10K plan. Have them google "law of demand".

11. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
    Those are large price increases for a team that crapped the bed in 2013. Even $1 per seat on the cheap seats would cover inflation. They'll probably lose some STHs who bought this year for US-Mexico. Looks like they either really want to convert single game buyers into partial season ticket holders or they are misjudging the economy in central Ohio.

12. Psycho_Derek

Psycho_Derek Member+

Nov 18, 2005
    Two questions:

1) Are season ticket renewals cheaper?
    2) When has the cheapest ticket ever been purchased for $23? Sure the face value might be $23 but that isn't generally what I have paid in the past

13. Smithsoccer1721

Smithsoccer1721 Member+

Feb 16, 2007
    Middle of the Table
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder if Mark is feeling any pressure from Don and the League Office. I remember something about owners wanting other teams to up their ticket prices to get more in line with all the teams. Hasn't Columbus been one of the lower prices for tickets in the league? Maybe the league is saying you need to raise them to get closer to the rest of the league.

Not sure why they would do that but hey you never know

14. CrewV Man

CrewV Man Member+

Aug 18, 2011
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1) Yes season ticket renewals are cheaper. For example my premier east face value is $35 for 2013. I hink I paid around $25 which early renewal. That included a B lot pass. For 2014 IIRC it would be around $26 a ticket for premier east (without B lot parking). Personally $1 more for a new comfortable seat is a good deal for me. Add in an extra $1 for hope from PSV. It is a great deal.

ZipSix and NUFC Fan repped this.
  15. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or - putting on my happy face - they expect to be able to give fans some additional reasons to come out to Crew Stadium between now and the beginning of next season. The hinted at second DP; a new coach...

I mean, (and this is pure, unadulterated conjecture) if Schelotto was announced as the next head coach, what would that do to your willing to consider buying season tickets for next year at these prices?

16. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
    I'll buy a full season ticket if GBS is the new coach. Not holding my breath for that though.

17. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This would not surprise me. I recall going out to LA in the early days of the league and taking my wife by the Rose Bowl to see the stadium. GA for the Galaxy was $30. In 1996 or 1997. The Crew were half that. If you're single entity, you might expect to have similar prices in all your markets. Yeah, I know there are market differences. But, in general, a coke or a McD's burger costs the same in all markets. So I can see them thinking this way at HQ.

18. Nostradumass

Nostradumass BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 5, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If this is true, then Mark should put some pressure on the Don to spend $9M of league money on a player for us. After all, a strong Columbus is good for MLS, right?

POdinCowtown repped this.
  19. Chris_G

Chris_G Member

May 21, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well if they are attempting to price out families from attending, then that is a good way to do it. I would not want to fork over that much for 4 tickets after what I have seen this year, I guess the 6-7K they got for a season ticket base will go back down again next year.

20. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But folks pay twice that in this town for lower bowl Jackets tixs--and the Crew at least have a championship. So it's not just the money (and I'm not saying I *want* to pay more, to be sure). Mind you, my Jacket tix are upper bowl and $21 a game.

21. Skeleton Crew

Skeleton Crew Member+

Mar 20, 2009
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    supporter groups just got the info on our STH $$.
    I believe we will have early renewal at the same cost as this year but have to raise a nominal amount past a certain date.

We (CSU) will have a discussion on it and put out the word. 3 years though without a significant change is awesome. I can't complain if it goes up a buck a game.

22. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

2) CSU has tickets this year for $20. :)

23. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If I had kept some of my original GA tickets from 1996, I'm fairly sure they were $7 for student/youth pricing. Even into 2002-2003, V-Army had supporter section tickets for $10. As I said above, this year, supporter section tickets are $20 for members.

Of course, get out of the Nordecke and prices can get a bit steep.

24. cleazer

cleazer Member+

May 6, 2003
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How so? By making the season tickets a comparatively better value, wouldn't that help out the Goal 10K plan?

You're right that some folks may have just signed up for US/Mexico, but it's not like raising season ticket prices $1-2 a game is going to turn off a ton of folks. Especially with the Premier East upgrade.

season ticket price 2013 (average per game) vs single game ::: savings difference per game (season ticket savings)
    center circle - 684 (38) vs 50 ::: $12 per game (216)
    premier east - 432 (24) vs 38 ::: $14 per game (252)
    lower sideline - 396 (22) vs 33 ::: $11 per game (198)
    upper sideline - 306 (17) vs 28 ::: $11 per game (198)
    north end - 324 (18) vs 29 ::: $11 per game (198)
    south end - 234 (13) vs 23 ::: $10 per game (180)

season ticket price 2014 (average per game) vs single game ::: savings difference
    center circle - 720 (40) vs 55 ::: $15 per game (270)
    premier east - 468 (26) vs 43 ::: $17 per game (306)
    lower sideline - 414 (23) vs 34 ::: $11 per game (198)
    upper sideline - 306 (17) vs 29 ::: $12 per game (216)
    north end - 324 (18) vs 29 ::: $11 per game (198)
    south end - 234 (13) vs 23 ::: $10 per game (180)

It's worth noting that these numbers above are the "early bird" prices. By the time the 2013 prices went up to "full price", the numbers looked like this:

season ticket price 2013 (average per game) vs single game ::: savings difference per game (season ticket savings)
    center circle - 720 (40) vs 50 ::: $10 per game (180)
    premier east - 450 (25) vs 38 ::: $13 per game (234)
    lower sideline - 423 (23.50) vs 33 ::: $9.50 per game (171)
    upper sideline - 324 (18) vs 28 ::: $10 per game (180)
    north end - 342 (19) vs 29 ::: $10 per game (180)
    south end - 270 (15) vs 23 ::: $8 per game (144)

All in all, some relatively minor season ticket increases from the Crew, with a somewhat larger benefit to buying season tickets versus individual game tickets. People showing up for just a game or two every year likely won't even notice the difference because most of the tickets that went up the largest amount for day of game prices will already be sold out to season ticket holders.

25. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That, of course, doesn't count when you almiost got them for free from Krogers. Remember that?