2014 Roster News/Speculation

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by Clint Eastwood, Nov 25, 2013.

1. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, in salary cap leagues the whole team must always be considered. If keeper is weakened a bit for a weak position to be greatly improved it must be considered. BTW, does anyone have a real felling on how far away Sanchez is? He will be ready someday and it behooves Dallas to play him when he is as the feeling is he will be sold to Europe for a lot of money and they have another young keeper waiting in the wings.

2. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    We have to also remember that when we sell Sanchez, it'll be Tigres who pockets most of the money. So basically the only profit we get from developing Sanchez now is if he can help us win games before his contract expires.............................

If Fernandez leaves (and that's still an "if") then I believe Seitz will start the season as the #1. He's earned the opportunity, and we're quite frankly paying him as a #1. But Sanchez should get the USOC game(s) and some regular season appearances. It's time to see what he can do. He'll be 20 when the season gets underway.

I have no problem with Sanchez as the #2 and Zobeck as the #3 to start the season. Then we have youngster Jesse Gonzalez waiting in the wings also. (who was called up by Mexico for their U18s this past summer).

3. Soyrizo

Soyrizo Member

Dec 7, 2010
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    . Wait, what? How has he ever been affiliated with Tigres?

4. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    FCD sold his "economic rights" to Tigres:

http://www.bigdsoccer.com/fc-dallas...800536/richard-sanchez-tigres-transfer-rumors

Another interesting aspect of Sanchez's professional situation is his player rights. Though he is currently under contract to MLS and FC Dallas, sources tell Goal that Mexican club Tigres purchased a percentage of his player rights over the summer, in the 70-75 percent range, in exchange for a $1 million fee. The arrangement means that Tigres would secure a portion of any future transfer fee generated by a Sanchez move.

Soyrizo repped this.
  5. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was thinking Sanchez's rights were sold in more of the 50% area. Almost doesn't make sense to hang onto him to develop for someone else if the team only gets 20-25%.

6. Hitman

Hitman Member+

Mar 31, 1999
    Raul is wanting a new contract. he's also tweeting today that he's arriving in Dallas on the 2nd and having surgery of some sort. This is the first anyone's heard of an injury so we'll see what's up as soon as the club communicates. Everyone wants more $$$, and he's under contract, so he doesn't have a ton of leverage.

Also, just FYI, I was told today that Peter Luccin will re-up with the team with a 1yr deal.

7. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Any news on the Zach Loyd front?

8. Cowtown Felipe

Cowtown Felipe Member+

Mar 12, 2012
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. Autogolazo

Autogolazo BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 19, 2000
    Bombay Beach, CA
    Interesting...does that mean Dallas gets the allocation money that comes with that sale as if it were a transfer?

$650K or so.

10. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. Rufiolo

Rufiolo Member

Jan 24, 2008
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The sources are questionable at best but it's fun to dream.

13. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They always are. Every once in a while it happens. He might be a better fit than Jermaine Jones because he's about 2-3 years younger although Jones would win (I think) on popularity especially post World Cup. We once signed a former Swiss international that just wanted a different sort of adventure. It can happen even in Dallas just not often.

14. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Maurice Edu would also be nice fit.

http://www.bigdsoccer.com/2014/1/3/5269764/about-that-3rd-dp-spot-fc-dallas-maurice-edu

I think of Jermaine Jones as an injury-prone hot-head.

15. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jones is an injury prone hot head but I remember when the US played Brazil their left back was openly hacking our players and so Jones took out Neymar with a hard tackle. No more hacking from Brazil. Those players are rare. Hernandez did that here until he was to slow or injured. Of course Jones is will turn 33 in November and so is too old to play in hot North Texas summers.

16. theodore

theodore Member

Nov 7, 2003
    If either of these guys ends up in an FCD uni, I am going to be very happy. I really like where the conversation is headed.

As for the article saying that Acosta prefers to play DM, I think that is good too. However, if he looks at just how few good outside backs we have in the NT Pool, he may want to reconsider.

17. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe his ex-skills coach at ASG will know where to play him if he takes over as head coach. Seems he was good at playing young players at his last job too.

18. Ghost

Ghost Member+

Sep 5, 2001
    Not against Edu or Jones, but pizazz would be Essien. I thought he would be a great target for an MLS team when he wasn't getting much time early in the year. And he just turned 30.

19. jamezyjamez

jamezyjamez Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    and essien would be able to scout the USMNT players based in MLS prior to the WC (not that they will likely need to)

20. theodore

theodore Member

Nov 7, 2003
    "El defensa estadounidense-guatemalteco Moises Hernandez regresa al FC Dallas liego de su paso en Comunicaciones y Saprissa." this of the FCD Facebook thing... whatever you call it, that posted the Oscar thing.

Apparently, Moises Hernandez is now back.

21. Cowtown Felipe

Cowtown Felipe Member+

Mar 12, 2012
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep. I got an e-mail from FCD with the following tagline, "Season Ticket Holder Newsletter: Hernandez Returns to FCD."
    My first reaction was, "Danny is back?"

burning247 repped this.
  22. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
  23. Ghost

Ghost Member+

Sep 5, 2001
    I take it Michael Bradley isn't our box to box-er. :)

24. dudeman22

dudeman22 Member

May 19, 2011
    Oklahoma
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just thinking out loud, but with Michael Bradley, a full season of Dempsey, the World Cup, the coaching carosol, and the countless little stories all throughout the league, this 2014 mls season could be one of the craziest yet.

Parrothead FC repped this.
  25. Hitman

Hitman Member+

Mar 31, 1999