2014 Pre Season Player Moves

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by BostonRed, Aug 10, 2013.

1. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    I think if they said they wanted more ball movement...apparent Sylvia Neid also felt their was too much running on the German National Team for those three.

2. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence

Well this should go over well with you (not), Tymrak will be playing in Germany in the offseason. Doesn't say when she will be back.

3. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's the team info:

372774084754411520 is not a valid tweet id

4. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    How do you attach the tweet like that?

5. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #55 BostonRed, Aug 28, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
    Embedding a tweet takes a little bit of work, but once you do it, you won't go back (until you notice that the tweets aren't feeding to BS and all you see is blank space).

Here's the magic code:

media=twitter]372774084754411520[/media

Add a "[" before and a "]" after the text above.

The "tweet number" comes from the tweet itself. Go to your timeline in Twitter (or elsewhere) and click on the time stamp (e.g., 18m, 2d) and that will lead you to the tweet itself.

Look at the URL in the browser and you'll see this:

https://twitter.com/itsmeglinehan/statuses/372774084754411520

Copy the digits into the text above and paste into the comment box.

Easy way to do the first time, find a post with a tweet and hit "Post Reply". The text will be in that box and you can copy and insert the tweet ID #.

I just keep the text in a Notepad file and copy and paste appropriately.

ForeverLOST108 repped this.
  6. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    #56 MRAD12, Aug 28, 2013
    Awesome. I wouldn't be surprised if the other person may be Melissa Henderson. Her and Sarah Hagen are good friends. Henderson and Tymrak seem to be good friends as well with FCKC.

...or maybe a goalkeeper.

7. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Thanks, I'll bookmark this post.

8. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    The interesting quote in this regard is from Krieger in OurGameMagazine interview. She was asked about playing in Sweden beyond November and she said USSoccer prefers that we (her and Harris) play in the NWSL. Tymrak has a contract with FCKC so the only way she is going anywhere its on loan. If she wants to play a short contract in BM that's fine but if FCKC loans her to BM thru the end of the German season they r insane. U cant expect USSoccer to throw a lot of money into a league and not have the USWNT players support it.

9. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    When is the end of the German season?

And I agree, unlike other players like Rapinoe and Krieger who are allocated, I believe FCKC have the rights to Tymrak so it will be foolhardy for her not to be available come the start of NWSL 2014.

Maybe I'm not looking in the right places but it would be nice if they will tell us when she will be back. It seems Reign is the only team that gives these details.

10. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Here is the quote u should have attached...it from the Rapinoe in Lyon thread

I know Im the radical view on this but here it is any way. USSoccer needs to go to the union and say look, u said u needed a league so we r financially supporting it. What we expect is ur members support it as well. Either ur in or ur out because if ur not in we wont be either. Then USSoccer can go back to calling in the team for friendlies on every FIFA window and residency camps.

11. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    That's the quote I was thinking off :).

Let's wait on the details of the move before making any proclamations. I fully expected that these players will play overseas during the off season, it is only a problem if they are not back in time for the NWSL season.

The top players in the WNBA all play abroad during the off season as well.

12. JanBalk

JanBalk Member+

Jun 9, 2004
    8. June 2014 I think

13. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Thanks

14. RUfan

RUfan Member

Dec 11, 2004
    NJ
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #64 RUfan, Aug 28, 2013
    You are right in that view. Earlier this year, a parent of a WNT parent told me an issue in the negotiation for the new CBA was that Tom S. wanted the players to play fully in the league season, ie not what Rapinoe did. I have to think he did not get the union to agree, but that is where Krieger is coming from in her comment.

15. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    And there is nothing wrong with them making some extra money. There is no faster way to get USSF to drop out of the NWSL than having half it's subsidized players be part or no timers.

16. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    I believe the W-league in Australia which Sermanni helped found require all the Matildas to play. Then they sign contracts in other leagues to play out the year. I see the union wanting their cake and eating it too and they had a lot of leverage having the CBA come up as they were trying to launch the league. To be honest the first thought that came to mind when Heath wasnt on the Mexico roster was maybe Sermanni is sending a message about her return to PSG.

17. ForeverLOST108

ForeverLOST108 Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Orlando
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Its a good oppurtunity for them and hopefully more of the NWSL players can have similar contracts which in essence extends their season from March to December with a 2-3 month break for vacation

19. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
  21. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shannon Boxx is pregnant, so we'll see what that does to her future plans. Wouldn't be surprised if she retires (after her USWNT paid maternity leave).

22. JanBalk

JanBalk Member+

Jun 9, 2004
    At her age it would be a surprise if she didn't

23. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Ms Boxx will be missed. Lets see who is willing to sign up for the Bengay sponsorship. ;)

24. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Well this is certainly in interesting development:
    Ali, Ashlyn, and all of the other American with Tyreso have been matched against Horan and Heath's PSG in the first knockout round of the Champions League.

mamalia repped this.
  25. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Those two just showed up. How about adding them to the other Americans and putting the leading scorer of the team first? :mad: